ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 300
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
bdj23 08:03 PM 01-10-2024
Brutal
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 08:03 PM 01-10-2024
Game on the line and you draw up a play for your worst foul shooter to challenge their big guy at the rim? Even if he fouls we are in trouble. What a dumb play call.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 08:05 PM 01-10-2024
Dog poop.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:08 PM 01-10-2024
Rack up the loss I would say.
[Reply]
DJay23 08:10 PM 01-10-2024
That's a bad loss and pretty goddamned embarrassing.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:10 PM 01-10-2024
If this Topeka YMCA loss is what finally wakes up Bill to who Timberlake is, so be it.

He should have never been getting these minutes once conference play started. The dude just doesn’t have it against any real athleticism.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:12 PM 01-10-2024
KU is gonna lose a ton of road games this year in this conference, but I think that will easily end up being the worst one. Effort/focus just simply wasn't there for nearly its entirety. You can't play like that away from home and expect to win any game.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:15 PM 01-10-2024
As expected, we faced a team that forces turnovers and we are a team that turns it over. A really bad matchup. UCF is 10th in the country in forcing turnovers. We just have too many big guys who we need in to score that that's the way it's gonna be if we can't develop our bench.

Will be getting swept by either ISU or Houston as also teams we dont match up well with. I like our chances against teams like Oklahoma and BYU though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:19 PM 01-10-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
As expected, we faced a team that forces turnovers and we are a team that turns it over. A really bad matchup. UCF is 10th in the country in forcing turnovers. We just have too many big guys who we need in to score that that's the way it's gonna be if we can't develop our bench.

Will be getting swept by either ISU or Houston as also teams we dont match up well with. I like our chances against teams like Oklahoma and BYU though.
Diallo pretty much destroyed our offense at the rim today singlehandedly too. A major problem for a team that lacks shooting.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 08:23 PM 01-10-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
If this Topeka YMCA loss is what finally wakes up Bill to who Timberlake is, so be it.

He should have never been getting these minutes once conference play started. The dude just doesn’t have it against any real athleticism.
Unfortunately someone has to play in our back court. Harris can theoretically play well but is so inconsistent on the offensive end you don’t know what you are going to get. Jackson does basically nothing on offense. Having them both out against the zone is a killer. I have to believe that’s what teams will throw at us every game from now on.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 08:25 PM 01-10-2024
It's been 15 games, and I'd like to think we'd have a better handle on what this team is capable of doing moving forward. For all the optimism we had going into the season, I'm beginning to run out of hope that we're gonna see a rotation that doesn't come down to five players, and that's just not enough.

Our bench was supposed to be a strength. Well, it stinks.

Our defense is adequate, but not great.

We turn the ball over way, way too much.

And we constantly have at least two guys on the floor who simply are not threats to score, at all. Meaning Dickinson has guys hanging all over him all night.

If DaJuan or Jackson can't start stepping up their game, we're screwed. Yeah, we're 13-2, and I might sound like chicken little, but seriously, we could easily be 10-5 or even 9-6 right now, and we all know it.

This team just doesn't have a good flow, even when things are going our way. This conference is gonna be brutal, and I think we should get used to seeing quite a few more losses in the coming months.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 08:32 PM 01-10-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
It's been 15 games, and I'd like to think we'd have a better handle on what this team is capable of doing moving forward. For all the optimism we had going into the season, I'm beginning to run out of hope that we're gonna see a rotation that doesn't come down to five players, and that's just not enough.

Our bench was supposed to be a strength. Well, it stinks.

Our defense is adequate, but not great.

We turn the ball over way, way too much.

And we constantly have at least two guys on the floor who simply are not threats to score, at all. Meaning Dickinson has guys hanging all over him all night.

If DaJuan or Jackson can't start stepping up their game, we're screwed. Yeah, we're 13-2, and I might sound like chicken little, but seriously, we could easily be 10-5 or even 9-6 right now, and we all know it.

This team just doesn't have a good flow, even when things are going our way. This conference is gonna be brutal, and I think we should get used to seeing quite a few more losses in the coming months.
I miss having a point guard that can do it all. Harris shrinks the floor. In the modern game, a point guard like him is only worth having if you have someone behind or starting with him that can score. We don’t.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:32 PM 01-10-2024
I did not see this coming, especially after the shit that UCF took at Kansas State.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:36 PM 01-10-2024
Im not sure I see enough flashes from Elmarko to believe he will be a star here in the future. His defense has gotten better though but I expected him to be alot more polished offensively.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:43 PM 01-10-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Im not sure I see enough flashes from Elmarko to believe he will be a star here in the future. His defense has gotten better though but I expected him to be alot more polished offensively.
He sort of has to play by default at this point as he's the only one of the guys outside of the main four who can guard a little bit.

We somehow managed to have an even worse bench than last season.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 300
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Up