ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 185
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:24 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
George was quiet but we had a number of rookies who looked really good. Pacheco has found his groove. It looked like his best game. What a pick by Watson as well.
I kinda wanna re-watch that game and try to keep an eye on McDuffie.

Because I'm not convinced that this guy isn't a genuine star caliber player already. It looked like the Jags wanted ZERO part of that kid.

In baseball they'll tell you that the hitters will tell you how good a pitchers stuff is by the nature of their swings against him. Well in football I think a corner can largely be judged by the way an offense reacts to his presence.

Sure - Watson made a great play. But you know why I think McDuffie was better than him last night? Because McDuffie never HAD to make a play. The Jags simply weren't going to challenge him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:29 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Because I'm not convinced that this guy isn't a genuine star caliber player already. It looked like the Jags wanted ZERO part of that kid.

In baseball they'll tell you that the hitters will tell you how good a pitchers stuff is by the nature of their swings against him. Well in football I think a corner can largely be judged by the way an offense reacts to his presence.

Sure - Watson made a great play. But you know why I think McDuffie was better than him last night? Because McDuffie never HAD to make a play. The Jags simply weren't going to challenge him.
I think he really only had that one holding penalty...that I can remember.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:30 PM 01-22-2023

That is the biggest testament to CB play. The best usually don’t have amazing numbers because QBs to to not look their way. When they do, those CBs usually make them pay for it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:30 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think he really only had that one holding penalty...that I can remember.
And the holding penalty was declined, IIRC.

I think there was a catch on the other side of the field on that play, right?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:34 PM 01-22-2023
And the holding penalty was declined, IIRC.

I think there was a catch on the other side of the field on that play, right?
Yeah, it was the one where the dude was wide fucking open for like 20 something yards. Can't remember if that was a breakdown in coverage or what. I think Watson took the underneath route and the safety didn't come over far enough.
[Reply]
SupDock 12:41 PM 01-22-2023
Yeah, it was the one where the dude was wide fucking open for like 20 something yards. Can't remember if that was a breakdown in coverage or what. I think Watson took the underneath route and the safety didn't come over far enough.
I think I remember both coverage players, biting on the underneath route, but can’t remember whose responsibility it was deep
[Reply]
irafreak 12:42 PM 01-22-2023
Yeah, it was the one where the dude was wide ****ing open for like 20 something yards. Can't remember if that was a breakdown in coverage or what. I think Watson took the underneath route and the safety didn't come over far enough.
Both the corner and safety jumped the short out receiver. I believe the corner was supposed to pass the deep guy to the safety but the safety jumped the short route.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:42 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Well the RT was allowed to get an early start every ****ing play.
This is true
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:47 PM 01-22-2023
Yeah, it was the one where the dude was wide ****ing open for like 20 something yards. Can't remember if that was a breakdown in coverage or what. I think Watson took the underneath route and the safety didn't come over far enough.
I'm pretty sure that was Watson's fault, but it's all conjecture without really knowing the playcall. But, you know, that is going to happen with 5 rookies taking significant snaps.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:07 PM 01-22-2023
I think it's nerves, honestly.

Because we didn't see George trending down - we saw him trending up through week 18. I don't think suddenly, after a week of rest, he cratered and ran out of juice.

I think he just got tight. Probably overthinking.

I mean think of how completely inept Chris Jones looked against Baltimore in that game he played at DE last season. Why? Because he was in his head. It wasn't because he couldn't physically dominate from DE - hell, he HAS physically dominated from DE multiple times this season.

He was just thinking rather than reacting and it snowballed on him.

I feel like that's what we got from GK yesterday. He was just playing tight; a little nervous. And it got in his head.

Dunlap, while he wasn't all over the scoresheet, was hugely critical yesterday as a steadying defensive presence out there. You could tell he was just going out there and chopping wood while George was trying to feel his way through some jitters.
Yeah it's possible, but it's playoff football too, he's up against better players, and in the case of the RT a guy who kept going early.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:55 PM 01-22-2023
Awe the excuses continue, as I said he'll make his bones in the playoffs but the 1st game he fell flat. He's not Justin Smith or Tamba Hali
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:59 PM 01-22-2023
Eh, not a great game from him, for sure.

I only noticed him three times: once on the TD he was in coverage, him not keeping contain on that end around, and another time on a routine pass rush where he took himself about 10 yards too far upfield.

Hoped for more but can’t expect monster games from every rookie.

Jaylen Watson, McDuffie, Cook, and Josh Williams all played well enough as far as the young guys go.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:59 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Awe the excuses continue, as I said he'll make his bones in the playoffs but the 1st game he fell flat. He's not Justin Smith or Tamba Hali
:-):-):-):-):-) You cried because we didn't draft a dumbass mother fucker that gave himself a neck injury and has an arrest warrant out on him during the playoffs because of his idiotic actions.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:01 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-):-):-):-):-) You cried because we didn't draft a dumbass mother fucker that gave himself a neck injury and has an arrest warrant out on him during the playoffs because of his idiotic actions.
LOL, butthurt aren't you
[Reply]
BossChief 02:02 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Eh, not a great game from him, for sure.

I only noticed him three times: once on the TD he was in coverage, him not keeping contain on that end around, and another time on a routine pass rush where he took himself about 10 yards too far upfield.

Hoped for more but can’t expect monster games from every rookie.

Jaylen Watson, McDuffie, Cook, and Josh Williams all played well enough as far as the young guys go.
Chenal had a few nice plays too
[Reply]
Page 160 of 185
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170 > Last »
Up