ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 313
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:57 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I don't think Hill will demand an outrageous contract . We have the Mahomes effect going on here. Hill is no dummy and knows he's in the right place for a HOF career.
Probably but it seemed odd that he didn't want to restructure his current deal to help the team either.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:00 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If you are going to sign him, you have to do it early in the off season. To avoid what you said. And you need to do Brown in the off season too. The cap will go up with the new deal but we can’t pay both of them top $ and resign the honey Badger too. There is just no way you can fit all those top $ salaries under the cap.
Well since it is an extension we should not have to really pay anything extra out right now. It can be where his signing bonus is due on a certain date in the future.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:14 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Well since it is an extension we should not have to really pay anything extra out right now. It can be where his signing bonus is due on a certain date in the future.

It's not about what he's paid next year. It's about the multiple years to come. Waiting until the contract runs out doesn't work like that with top NFL talent at their peak of their game. You don't go into the season as their last season. This isn't baseball.

Guaranteed there will be issues if Hill doesn't get an extension before the games start next year. It's his last chance to get generational changing money for his family. AND he actually deserves that money.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:18 AM 08-09-2021
Probably but it seemed odd that he didn't want to restructure his current deal to help the team either.

I thought there was a break down that showed there was absolutely no benefit for hill with a restructure.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:21 AM 08-09-2021
Doesn't work like that with top talent. You don't go into the season as their last season. This isn't baseball.

Guaranteed there will be issues if Hill doesn't get an extension before the games start. It's his last chance to get generational changing money for his family. AND he actually deserves that money.
Yeah I think you are missing my point. We can sign him to that extension anytime, but probably towards the end of this year. That would before his last year since he is signed through 2022 and Hill is someone that would definitely bet on himself. He just would not receive his signing bonus money until a date stipulated in the contract. Beach can word something that would be satisfactory.

[Reply]
O.city 08:29 AM 08-09-2021
Ideally, you'd get Honey badger and Tyreek done this year, so you have the tag for Brown if needed.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:31 AM 08-09-2021
Remmers, LTD, Gay, and Williams still out today. Okafor too.

Don’t see WR Antonio Callaway (bone bruise), OL Darryl Williams (COVID list) out here today.

Willie Gay (concussion protocol), Kyle Long (knee), Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (hand), Mike Remmers (back), RB Darrel Williams (unknown), Evan Baylis (ankle), Malik Herring (knee) at rehab.

— Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) August 9, 2021

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:33 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ideally, you'd get Honey badger and Tyreek done this year, so you have the tag for Brown if needed.
Thats a one year fix. Your still paying $20 million+ for Brown and you still need Brown long term.

The Chiefs cant sign the honey badger, Brown and Hill to long term market value deals. I've seen the math done by others. The Chiefs are going to have to choose 2 of the 3.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:36 AM 08-09-2021

The OL is working on their double combo blocks and the pairing of Trey Smith and Lucas Niang is nasty. A ton of power coming from Smith. I love this guy.

— Tucker D. Franklin (@tuckerdfranklin) August 9, 2021

[Reply]
RealSNR 08:36 AM 08-09-2021
Thats a one year fix. Your still paying $20 million+ for Brown and you still need Brown long term.

The Chiefs cant sign the honey badger, Brown and Hill to long term market value deals. I've seen the math done by others. The Chiefs are going to have to choose 2 of the 3.
Veach says, "Those guys can take the math and shove it up their asses"
[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:36 AM 08-09-2021

Not saying you're wrong, but we've seen Veach pull off the seemingly impossible before.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:40 AM 08-09-2021

Trey Smith and Orlando Brown are getting after it today 👀

— Tucker D. Franklin (@tuckerdfranklin) August 9, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 08:42 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I've seen everything I need to see from Jones. Can we put him on ice until the season starts? It looks like the only thing capable of stopping this guy is injury.

You’re gonna have clark coming off the books. Hitchens too.

They can do it if they want
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:42 AM 08-09-2021
Yeah I think you are missing my point. We can sign him to that extension anytime, but probably towards the end of this year. That would before his last year since he is signed through 2022 and Hill is someone that would definitely bet on himself. He just would not receive his signing bonus money until a date stipulated in the contract. Beach can word something that would be satisfactory.

Of course we don't have to and I'm sure he doesn't expect to get $50 million next year. Thats not the issue.
Whatever the length, your committing/guaranteeing $100 million at least, to Hill. And he's worth it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:46 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
You’re gonna have clark coming off the books. Hitchens too.

They can do it if they want
Come on man, thats $20 million. Hill is going to cost more than that. Now wheres your money for the Honey Badger? Brown?

Some Chief fans need a reality check here. In no scenario can we keep all of our good players in the long term.

The Chiefs need to start making choices. And maybe they already have by not signing the Honey Badger?

If a choice need to be made, I don't think anyone would disagree that Brown and Hill are more valuable to team's long term success of those 3.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 313
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Up