ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 333
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Mecca 11:26 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
People obviously aren't flocking to the ballpark to watch Salvy. I think the moajority of the fans, those that are staying away out of disgust, are willing to tarde a 32 yr old catcher if it helps make the team not-historically-futile.
The other issue that comes out of this...if a house cleaning is done, anyone that was supposed to be a big time player is traded, Salvy is traded, JJ/Quartraro lose jobs.

It makes Sherman look like he has no fucking clue what he's doing.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 11:36 AM 06-12-2023
Totally ignorant question: who is ultimately responsible for minor league development?

That's the GM, right?

I just don't see how JJ survives this season. I'm not sure Quatraro gets blamed or if he's really had much of a chance with these guys, but I could see a scenario where Sherman recognizes how low things are and just rage-fires everyone.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:50 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Totally ignorant question: who is ultimately responsible for minor league development?

That's the GM, right?

I just don't see how JJ survives this season. I'm not sure Quatraro gets blamed or if he's really had much of a chance with these guys, but I could see a scenario where Sherman recognizes how low things are and just rage-fires everyone.
Def the GM, but if JJ gets fired, then Sherman really had no interest in giving him a shot. A GM can't change the entire minor league system in half of a season. He hasnt even had his first draft as GM really. You can't place the blame on JJ and Sherman already did his rage firing in getting rid of Dayton and the coaching staff.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:54 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
If you trade Salvy, you will lose most of the fans that haven't already checked out. It might be the best thing for the team in the long run. The problem that I have is I believe the 2014/2015 success was more a blind hog finding an acorn than someone actually making a good decision.

I will listen and watch them however my expectations are very very low. It's more fun to make jokes about them that to expect anything other than failure.
No, if Salvy gets traded, then that's what he wanted to happen because he has a no-trade clause because of how long he's been with the team. No one shows up, so the reward is higher than the risk.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:54 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:

That's the GM, right?

This was always the problem when promoting from within with an organization that isn't in a good spot. He kept basically everyone, fuckin Lonnie Goldberg is still here.

So without doing a total house cleaning, results don't change etc...if you decide you want that a year later now if you do that, you as an owner look like you have no fucking clue what you are doing. It makes the organization as a whole looking inept at a time they are asking for stadium money.

If you wanted the full house cleaning it should have been when Moore was fired because now it looks way worse like you are just grasping at straws.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:55 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Def the GM, but if JJ gets fired, then Sherman really had no interest in giving him a shot. A GM can't change the entire minor league system in half of a season. He hasnt even had his first draft as GM really. You can't place the blame on JJ and Sherman already did his rage firing in getting rid of Dayton and the coaching staff.
The blame I place is simple, he retained basically the entire front office that Moore hired. They didn't go outside the organization for new voices anywhere, including assistant GM. That is a real problem, they kept the same echo chamber and thought replacing a GM with an in house candidate and having him change the manager and pitching coach would get it done.

That is short sighted as fuck.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:57 AM 06-12-2023
John Sherman should shave his faggy white mustache off then sell the team.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:59 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
John Sherman should shave his bundle of sticksgy white mustache off then sell the team.
He ain't selling the team till he gets that new stadium so he can double his money.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:04 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He ain't selling the team till he gets that new stadium so he can double his money.
I hope they put it in Clay county. They should be forced to play in Claycomo for being such failures.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:07 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I hope they put it in Clay county. They should be forced to play in Claycomo for being such failures.
If that actually happens JE Dunn is gonna be fucking pissed at Sherman, they joined his ownership group supplying quite alot of money with the promise they'd be building that stadium on JE Dunn owned lands...
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:15 PM 06-12-2023
The blame I place is simple, he retained basically the entire front office that Moore hired. They didn't go outside the organization for new voices anywhere, including assistant GM. That is a real problem, they kept the same echo chamber and thought replacing a GM with an in house candidate and having him change the manager and pitching coach would get it done.

That is short sighted as ****.
Call it what you want, but you can't place the blame on the guy that's been in charge for half a year. Sherman clearly thought that Dayton was dabbling in basically everything to the point that he thought it was a big enough problem to get rid of him and allow basically everyone else to stay. Piccolo easily switched to a more analytic approach and it takes time to see any type of results. Half a year isn't going to lead to anything substantial and Sherman will give him at least a couple of years to right the ship. It's frustrating, but like I said, you can't blame the guy that's been in charge for half a year and hasn't even had his first draft.

Anyone who thought this year was going to good is an idiot. We had to see if the young kids had anything to contribute. I'm not sure how people don't realize this point. So far they haven't shown much and so now people are going to blame JJ for the shitty results? It doesn't make sense. Sure he was in the organization with the last idiot, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he is an idiot. I mean maybe he is the same as DM, but I can't say that for sure yet and since Sherman didn't fire JJ, then we kinda have to give him some time. You think any GM worth a shit is gonna wanna come to this shitty franchise after we just canned another GM after just one year?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:21 PM 06-12-2023
Call it what you want, but you can't place the blame on the guy that's been in charge for half a year. Sherman clearly thought that Dayton was dabbling in basically everything to the point that he thought it was a big enough problem to get rid of him and allow basically everyone else to stay. Piccolo easily switched to a more analytic approach and it takes time to see any type of results. Half a year isn't going to lead to anything substantial and Sherman will give him at least a couple of years to right the ship. It's frustrating, but like I said, you can't blame the guy that's been in charge for half a year and hasn't even had his first draft.

Anyone who thought this year was going to good is an idiot. We had to see if the young kids had anything to contribute. I'm not sure how people don't realize this point. So far they haven't shown much and so now people are going to blame JJ for the shitty results? It doesn't make sense. Sure he was in the organization with the last idiot, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he is an idiot. I mean maybe he is the same as DM, but I can't say that for sure yet and since Sherman didn't fire JJ, then we kinda have to give him some time. You think any GM worth a shit is gonna wanna come to this shitty franchise after we just canned another GM after just one year?
Uh you are being really nice when you say "anyone that thought they'd be good" like not expecting them to have one of the 5 worst years in the history of baseball is asking to much or something.

You wanna blame the current guys for something..
Bobby Witt Jr has taken a step back
MJ Melendez has taken a step back
Brady Singer has taken 5 steps back

Minor league development looks about as terrible as it could possibly look.

When you have 2 winning seasons in the entire tenure of a GM and your solution is to promote is right hand man and keep everyone else in place, tell me how that works?
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:41 PM 06-12-2023
Uh you are being really nice when you say "anyone that thought they'd be good" like not expecting them to have one of the 5 worst years in the history of baseball is asking to much or something.

You wanna blame the current guys for something..
Bobby Witt Jr has taken a step back
MJ Melendez has taken a step back
Brady Singer has taken 5 steps back

Minor league development looks about as terrible as it could possibly look.

When you have 2 winning seasons in the entire tenure of a GM and your solution is to promote is right hand man and keep everyone else in place, tell me how that works?
Sherman clearly thought Dayton was the problem and he clearly knew the dynamics of the relationship. You can't blame a guy that's been in charge for 6 months for any regression or minor league development. That's just stupid as shit. You're clearly looking for reasons to place blame on JJ, but like I keep saying, half a year isn't enough time to judge anything at all.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:44 PM 06-12-2023
Sherman clearly thought Dayton was the problem and he clearly knew the dynamics of the relationship. You can't blame a guy that's been in charge for 6 months for any regression or minor league development. That's just stupid as shit. You're clearly looking for reasons to place blame on JJ, but like I keep saying, half a year isn't enough time to judge anything at all.
Actually no, I blame the organization for not wanting to actually spend money to hire a real GM. We all know what JJ Piccollo is and you know what about 80% of what you'll get with him is.

Not cleaning house, firing a handful of people and keeping everyone else is a failure of ownership. And the fact that they are significantly worse, probably in the top 5 list for worst seasons in the history of baseball so far, is a pretty serious indictment of that.
[Reply]
tk13 12:54 PM 06-12-2023
Looks like it's Dairon Blanco time. I was wondering when they'd call him up he's been doing well in AAA.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 333
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Up