Page 16 of 24
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars on Disney+ | Ahsoka
Tribal Warfare 07:40 AM 04-07-2023

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:17 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"From my point of view the Jedi are evil..."

Clunky dialogue - yes. But c'mon, look at how he stands up to McGregor there and it's just night and day. McGregor gets plenty of clunky dialogue in his own right and he still kills it.

Christensen just doesn't.

Could he have had a better offensive line? Oh sure - but does he still stare down his receivers and throw stupid balls into double coverage? Yup.

Whatever you give him, he's going to do less with it than an accomplished, quality actor. He was bad.
I thought he was passable to good in ROTS. Just me, though. But I'm also mostly here for the cool laser sword fights and Christensen seems to have put most of his attributes into that stat.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:54 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
I thought he was passable to good in ROTS. Just me, though. But I'm also mostly here for the cool laser sword fights and Christensen seems to have put most of his attributes into that stat.
Yeah, INT and WIS are his dump stats...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:25 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
Fair - I have definitely come to respect the swordplay stuff now that I've seen more actors in these roles that really aren't very good at it.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:34 PM 09-26-2023
I think I'm going to need to watch that episode again to figure out my opinion on it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:45 PM 09-26-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I think I'm going to need to watch that episode again to figure out my opinion on it.
Lars as Thrawn still awesome, but Ezra's iteration looks like a KK special because dudes can't kickass and be a protagonist
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:22 AM 09-27-2023
Fucking amazing how well they have portrayed Thrawn's tactical genius.

C3P0 made me all warm and fuzzy inside...and I'm pretty sure that was Ackbar.

[Reply]
Fish 07:31 AM 09-27-2023
Sabine hands Ezra his lightsaber.

Ezra: "I don't need it."

:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:48 AM 09-27-2023
Listening to a podcast of the series and talking about episode 5 someone says "I'm watching this with my wife and she says 'she has a nice ass and the people that make this show know it..."

I'm feeling less and less creepy as this goes along...
[Reply]
Frazod 11:55 AM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:

Seriously? :-)

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:25 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Seriously? :-)

Yeah, it was pretty hokey. He's just force shoving guys the whole time - fairly lame.

And the plot armor's starting to get boring as well. I don't care about any of the fights between the 3 main good guys or 2 secondary antagonists because whatever happens, they're all gonna come out of it alive.

This could've been a heck of a showdown between a newly focused Ahsoka and Baylon but again, there was just very little tension as there's too much unresolved with Baylon so you knew they weren't going to off him.

They've written themselves into some doldrums here.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:48 PM 09-27-2023
So there was a lot like and a lot that was gummy and some that was really poor.

The Bad
Yeah, the "I don't need it" shit was clunky. I didn't hate the sentiment, or the storytelling arc (obviously they're putting Sabine on an arc there), but holy fuck that was dumb, especially since 90 seconds later he's trying to reason with a psychopath. I don't hate the idea, but the execution was shitty asshole.

They really need to cut the shit on the lightsaber fights. The Baylon Ahsoka fight was....bad...again. It started out OK. She was doing the training thing and preparing and all that and he forced his weight on her and she effectively defended. Good. Then, she blocked an overhead strike with one saber and spun around inside the space of her block. Without slashing his guts. I mean, yeah, spinning is cool. But they really need to have a little tighter eye on fight choreography. I'm no martial expert, I'll wear that. But if you're going to spin around under the space of his saber and you have 2 of them, just stick it out a bit and gut him like a fish. Then I don't know how I feel about the "you can't beat me" schtick. Again, no fighter, but there is no way anyone that has trained and been in fights knows that shit happens. That took me out of it. I didn't even hate the bombing him and then getting an escape, but still go with, "keep training" or "your training was futile" if he's wanting to talk shit. Maybe that's nitpicking.

The Gummy
Sabine explained the entire rebellion and what everybody was doing but didn't tell him about Ahsoka? And wouldn't. I get they were wanting the payoff about "you thought she was DEAD?", but there was a better way to do it. Maybe have her get emotional and then interrupted or something. A little bit of a tremor in her hand or something would have been pretty powerful. They got there, but it was mucky.

The witch ladies are wonky. They're just a plot device at this point. Thrawn: YO BITCHES Find her... OK, cool. Maybe something will come of that, IDK, but it was really fucking wonky.

Baylon and Shin break up was a little rushed. Like hey master padawan relationship. Seems to care about her, then out of the blue, "dueces yo." Stevensen pulls it off because he's throwing smoke this whole time. Seemed out of the blue.

The Good
As per usual Thrawn is playing the long game. The payoff while a little "duh"-ish was still worth the payoff.

Ezra/Sabine fight worked. They really captured the Rebels "feel" there. Even if getting there was dumb.

Shin imploding was really good. Stevenson saying "impatience for victory will guarantee defeat" fucking awesome. Then her doing it, naturally, and her face as she realized what she'd done was goddamned good.

Last, Dawson seems to be coming alive. She had real depth and weight to her performance, which is new, and good. I think you could get where they got without making her just absurdly boring. But I felt all of it. About fucking time, yo.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:06 PM 09-27-2023
Never watched Rebels (although this show is making me inclined to do so), but I had no problem at all with him turning down the lightsaber. It's unique to have a SW character fighting with no weapon and just the force like that and it honestly made him seem more powerful.

My question is when are they gonna explain what Baylan's motivations actually are? We're sort of running out of time here for him to continue being this mysterious.
[Reply]
Fish 03:35 PM 09-27-2023
It wouldn't have been quite so bad if the Ezra fighting scenes didn't come off as him starring in an 80's workout video for most of the fight. It was like martial arts mixed with jazz hands. I was really wanting to see Ezra take out some frustration over being stuck on that planet alone for 9 years. In Rebels, he was always brash and never backed down. Seeing him all "No, I don't need a lightsaber." Followed by "Hey, can't we just talk about this?" when it became clear he was totally outmatched without a lightsaber. It was weird, and the humor didn't fit.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:40 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Never watched Rebels (although this show is making me inclined to do so), but I had no problem at all with him turning down the lightsaber. It's unique to have a SW character fighting with no weapon and just the force like that and it honestly made him seem more powerful.

My question is when are they gonna explain what Baylan's motivations actually are? We're sort of running out of time here for him to continue being this mysterious.
Is there 8 episodes?

It really is a shame. He is damn good. When he stood there after getting bombed by the droid, thinking, "fuck" was just great. Stevenson deserves more credit than he'll ever get.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:32 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:

Yeah I wanted to see him whoop some ass. Love the casting but need Ezra with a lightsaber fight too. Hopefully this ends well and sets up a s2 then a movie. I really want to rewatch rebels again.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 24
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up