ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 23
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hardman to the Jets
RunKC 12:30 PM 03-22-2023

Source: Mecole Hardman has agreed to terms with the #Jets on a one-year deal. More speed for Cleveland’s offense. pic.twitter.com/yNw9If2Wc7

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 22, 2023

[Reply]
tredadda 03:42 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I think Mecole has always seen himself as a #1 WR. He has convinced himself that the fact he is not, is someone else's fault.

The Chiefs have an opening at the #1 spot, the Jets do not. If you believed you are capable why would you not seize the opportunity right in front of you?

He is not making good decisions which has likely been his problem all along.

The decision to NOT work out with Mahomes and all the other WRs is a perfect example. Bad decision.

He had to learn something while he was here. I do think he was improving, even if it was slowly.

He feels like this was a good move and maybe it was. Maybe the Jets allow him to be more of a WR and maybe he blossoms.

I appreciate what he did for us and wish him luck!
If he feels that way then he's delusional. With Tyreek gone there was no receiving threat outside of Kelce with more experience in this offense than him and yet he still couldn't beat out MVS and JJSS. He has a role and is a good complimentary piece for an offense, but he's just not and probably never will be a #1. If he were to embrace the #2 or #3 WR role he could carve out for himself a nice solid career.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:48 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
If he feels that way then he's delusional. With Tyreek gone there was no receiving threat outside of Kelce with more experience in this offense than him and yet he still couldn't beat out MVS and JJSS. He has a role and is a good complimentary piece for an offense, but he's just not and probably never will be a #1. If he were to embrace the #2 or #3 WR role he could carve out for himself a nice solid career.
I doubt he was ever crazy enough to think he was going to be WR1. Anywhere.

But he could've thought he could maybe be the 2, except MVS took that slot, and then Toney took WR3 from him. And then KC management announces that Toney's all but crowned WR1 and Skyy probably will be slotted over Mecole. That slide could've made him start looking elsewhere.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 04:09 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, if you're making 6m, and the house is 4m in NY but would be 1.5m in KC, yeah, I would think that is significant.
Aside from housing, I would guess the state tax rate is higher.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:11 PM 03-23-2023
He's on a one-year deal, right? He isn't buying a house to be there for a year.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:55 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Aside from housing, I would guess the state tax rate is higher.
Not sure anywhere around there is cheap. NJ has high taxes from my understanding and CT also has a very high cost of living.
[Reply]
KobesPilot 05:18 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Don't fool yourself. Players chase the biggest paycheck they possibly can. Don't look down on that like it is something icky. It's not.

There are a very few number of players that may chase a championship in the moonlight of their career. Definitely not in the prime earning years of their playing career.

I mean Tom Brady took a substantial amount less than what he was valued at so the Pats could spend more throughout a variety of positions. That's exactly what fueled their long ass SB run
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:20 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by KobesPilot:
I mean Tom Brady took a substantial amount less than what he was valued at so the Pats could spend more throughout a variety of positions. That's exactly what fueled their long ass SB run
I think the idea is that most players chase the $$$. Which is accurate. Only a few players will take less, and almost all of those are long-tenured QBs chasing Rings.
[Reply]
teedubya 06:52 PM 03-23-2023
Dude thrashed his groin... I wonder if the Chiefs think he's going to get his top speed back?
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:53 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by teedubya:
Dude thrashed his groin... I wonder if the Chiefs think he's going to get his top speed back?
What dude thrashed his groin?
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:14 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
What dude thrashed his groin?
His abdominal injury turned out to be a groin

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...fl-free-agency
[Reply]
BossChief 10:40 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I can't believe Hardman took a one year prove it deal with the Jets.
Now he has to learn a new offense, and leap-frog a pretty talented group of WR's that are ahead of him for snaps to try to get a bag next year.

I mean, the smart thing from any angle was to take a one year deal in KC, take advantage of a WR corps in flux, where he knew the offense and Mahomes, put up some numbers and try to get a bag from there.

Just a really dumb decision.

And I find it REALLY interesting that the two coaches who knew him best (EB and Andy) weren't interested in signing him.
He’s a stupid player with elite speed. That’s it.

Last offseason he kept going on social media complaining how the team didn’t add him to promotions…then we added Juju and Juju was featured over him and he went on social media again about it

It’s entirely possible Veach had had enough, got Pats input and didn’t even make an offer.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:43 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by teedubya:
been saying that for weeks.

If not, he’s probably not even an NFL player, going forward.

Those jet sweeps, screens and quick hitters don’t work without elite nfl freak type speed and no other parts of his game are special.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:49 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I think the idea is that most players chase the $$$. Which is accurate. Only a few players will take less, and almost all of those are long-tenured QBs chasing Rings.
And frankly, there's a big difference between a QB making $20 million a year and another position player making $5 million a year. They're both insane amounts, but the QB is so rich that money is purely theoretical. After five or seven years they can buy entire nations. A player making $5 million a year needs either a long career or one big payday to spend the rest of their lives with butlers and chambermaids. Otherwise they're just garden-variety rich.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:01 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Shields68:
I am surprised he went to a team where he starts out as the 4th wr. Not really surprised he is leaving. Though he has looked good in spurts he never was going to be a top option. He never progressed more then 50 receptions 600 yds and some gimmick plays. With Tooney and Moore really playing the same position and looking to bring in another wr to run opposite MVS ... The smart play was to leave just shocked he could not find a spot where he was a top 2 option.
Nobody should be surprised that he’s not a 1/2 option in the NFL. He has done none of the things a traditional outside WR has to do with consistency.

He’s had multiple opportunities to get #1 targets and hasn’t ever risen to the occasion.

Re-injuring the groin in the playoffs was as bad of timing as he could get.

No way he’s able to show teams his mid 4.3 speed at this stage in recovery…and by the time it’s healed enough to do so (if ever) the draft is happening and the role teams are paying for are filled with draft picks that still have upside.

Mecole is looked at as a gadget player that’s a liability.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:07 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He’s a stupid player with elite speed. That’s it.

Last offseason he kept going on social media complaining how the team didn’t add him to promotions…then we added Juju and Juju was featured over him and he went on social media again about it

It’s entirely possible Veach had had enough, got Pats input and didn’t even make an offer.
I am forever thankful for his catch against the Bengals. That was a big time, gutsy catch that could have been one of the plays that swung the game to us.

But yeah, there are too many factors (he and Patrick's lack of chemistry being the biggest) that make me think KC was okay to let him try to succeed elsewhere.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 23
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up