ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 38
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:15 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Idk what we are gonna do to replace him. Good LT’s are not exactly available.

Will be interesting to see
Do what they should have done in the first place, trade up in the draft. Should have traded up last year for Slater. Would have been costly but in the end with OBJ being a failure the cost to go and get a LT now isn’t any more.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:16 AM 09-26-2022

Veach will figure something out. At his current performance level, KC could get someone close but significantly cheaper. Reid could always scheme to protect him until we get a long term solution in place.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:16 AM 09-26-2022

After yesterday, I don't care.

Replace him with a 2nd or 3rd rounder. He's not good enough for what we're paying him. He most certainly doesn't deserve MORE.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:17 AM 09-26-2022

Mahomes was playing like it was SB55 again at times yesterday. Just an immediate mad dash around when he senses even the slightest pressure. We're watching his trust in the OL deteriorating in real time and it's just not sustainable if we have any sort of ambition this season.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:18 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Not even Baltimore wants to run that offense anymore.

If he doesn't improve, he can go be the highest paid LT for a team that doesn't throw the ball. (pssst. There isn't any).

I'm an OBJ guy. I think i give him more rope than a lot of people. I even predicted the Chiefs would trade for him.

With that said, the Chiefs CANNOT pay him #1 LT money. He just aint that guy.

For as good as our OL is suppose to be....why is that i feel like these other QB's have more time in the pocket than Mahomes?

Why is it that when i watch Herbert and Allen they seem to have clean pockets to throw from?
Those teams built athletic pass blocking lines for their passing schemes, we have a big road grading line for a pass heavy scheme..

Humphrey and Thuney are basically good enough to play in any scheme..Smith is close to that but he's more run blocker than pass blocker and the OT's frankly aren't that good.

You can hide a marginal guard, hiding bad tackles is impossible unless you want to limp your offense.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:19 AM 09-26-2022
Not even Baltimore wants to run that offense anymore.

If he doesn't improve, he can go be the highest paid LT for a team that doesn't throw the ball. (pssst. There isn't any).

I'm an OBJ guy. I think i give him more rope than a lot of people. I even predicted the Chiefs would trade for him.

With that said, the Chiefs CANNOT pay him #1 LT money. He just aint that guy.

For as good as our OL is suppose to be....why is that i feel like these other QB's have more time in the pocket than Mahomes?

Why is it that when i watch Herbert and Allen they seem to have clean pockets to throw from?
Our OLine up the middle is strong. On the ends they are not. Wylie for what he is paid is better than OBJ right now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:20 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Those teams built athletic pass blocking lines for their passing schemes, we have a big road grading line for a pass heavy scheme..

Humphrey and Thuney are basically good enough to play in any scheme..Smith is close to that but he's more run blocker than pass blocker and the OT's frankly aren't that good.

You can hide a marginal guard, hiding bad tackles is impossible unless you want to limp your offense.
You help bad tackles by interior running, play action, and stuff.

You don't help them by running RPO and long-developing outside draws.

Teams know they can just pin their ears back.
[Reply]
O.city 11:21 AM 09-26-2022
The T's get some bad looks because Mahomes drifts at times as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:21 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Our OLine up the middle is strong. On the ends they are not. Wylie for what he is paid is better than OBJ right now.
Absolutely this.

For all the bitching about Wylie, he's actually been okay considering his salary.

If we could get a guy like Wylie on the left side, we could actually afford to do some more things to help the rest of the team.

It all comes down to money and OBJ just isn't worth it.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:21 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You help bad tackles by interior running, play action, and stuff.

You don't help them by running RPO and long-developing outside draws.

Teams know they can just pin their ears back.
And yes, somewhere a long the way, Andy Reid became really stubborn about how he would do things. There was a time he was winning games with fuckin AJ Feeley and Koy Detmer. Now he won't acknowledge his run scheme sucks for his personnel.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:23 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Wylie is a much smaller problem than OBJ right now, IMO.
OBJ was absolutely horrid yesterday, this must be addressed and soon. I still think if you have a speed rusher move Thuney there for the time being. He actually looked good in that role a couple times last year.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:26 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
The T's get some bad looks because Mahomes drifts at times as well.
Not buying it. This isn't 2020.

BTW, have you been watching Allen?

I swear to god he drifts like Mahomes '19.

It brings me back to my earlier point. I hate how we're convinced that Mahomes needs to be Tom Brady.

Meanwhile, we're watching other QB's have success playing like vintage Mahomes. It's really starting to bug me.

'21/'22 Allen is basically '18/'19 Mahomes in terms of playstyle right now.

Meanwhile we keep asking Mahomes to be '16 Brady.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:26 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Do what they should have done in the first place, trade up in the draft. Should have traded up last year for Slater. Would have been costly but in the end with OBJ being a failure the cost to go and get a LT now isn’t any more.
:-)

I love how you treat GMing like Madden.

They should've just traded from 31 to the top 12 huh? Do you know what teams specifically were willing to trade that far back? Do you know what the asking price was?

JFC you're a moron.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:26 AM 09-26-2022
Thuney to LT, Allegretti to LG, and Brown Jr. To RT probably is the best we could do to rectify the situation going forward, even if it is a far from perfect solution.
[Reply]
O.city 11:27 AM 09-26-2022
Not buying it. This isn't 2020.

BTW, have you been watching Allen?

I swear to god he drifts like Mahomes '19.

It brings me back to my earlier point. I hate how we're convinced that Mahomes needs to be Tom Brady.

Meanwhile, we're watching other QB's have success playing like vintage Mahomes. It's really starting to bug me.

'21/'22 Allen is basically '18/'19 Mahomes in terms of playstyle right now.

Meanwhile we keep asking Mahomes to be '16 Brady.
Win from the pocket. Always.

The other stuff is great and there when needed. Win in there first.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 38
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up