ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 31
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Best National Media Tears Official Thread
staylor26 11:50 PM 01-23-2022

The NFL is the greatest league in sports because of the parity. The last team drafts first, the first team drafts last. Not allowing Josh Allen, the best player in today’s game, to touch the ball in overtime is one thing the @NFL must fix. pic.twitter.com/UqP4vE6nc0

— Emmanuel Acho (@EmmanuelAcho) January 24, 2022

[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:43 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I honestly don't get much of the media's attitude towards Mahomes. The man is a gift to the sport. Every journalist and pundit saying "It's a shame we're talking about the rules and not the game" - well talk about the game. I mean who looks at that ending and thinks "gargh, terrible for the sport"? Who looks at Mahomes producing unprecedented, epoch-defining greatness and thinks "shame about those rules" - aside from Bills fans.

I get Kansas isn't New York in terms of market. I get that some pundits have connections to other teams. But we had decades of every superlative thrown at Brady. Mahomes is a good family man without any hint of controversy, he's active in the community, is active in charity work, he wins with class and loses with grace....and he produces 13 second drives to tie games by making the outrageous and impossible look everyday. He is a fu**ing magician. Every. Single. D***head journalist should be talking about Mahomes in God mode. The fact that many are focused on whining about rules and fluffing Allen is absolutely baffling to me.
Get used to it. It's been happening to LeBron for nearly two decades now largely because he dared to challenge the greatness of Michael Jordan. Mahomes is going to have his fair share of haters in the media because of his obvious challenge to Brady's legacy.
[Reply]
wachashi 02:45 PM 01-24-2022
I keep seeing this narrative: "Imagine Allen with the weapons Mahomes has."

I guess that's supposed to give Bills fans some small moral victory?

The funny thing is, if the Bills won, these same people wouldn't so easily admit that the Chiefs have better offensive weapons.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:45 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
I've heard today that since the taunt happened during the play that the penalty could have been enforced from the spot he taunted. Which would have taken his td off the board.

Based on what I read in the nfl rulebook it looks like that's possible but not likely due to taunting "at any time" being considered a dead ball penalty. But it does also say the officials can enforce it from wherever they see fit. So... idk.
Even better for KC. If Hill is penalized, they could take down the clock and score. Make Buffalo use all three timeouts. Otherwise, the Bills got the ball with 1 minute remaining and all their timeouts.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 02:46 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Get used to it. It's been happening to LeBron for nearly two decades now largely because he dared to challenge the greatness of Michael Jordan. Mahomes is going to have his fair share of haters in the media because of his obvious challenge to Brady's legacy.
How many times do you have to interject LeBron into these conversations? We get it, you like LeBron. When someone compares mahomes to Jordan we don't need you telling us how you think LeBron is better.
[Reply]
Spott 02:47 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Even better for KC. If Hill is penalized, they could take down the clock and score. Make Buffalo use all three timeouts. Otherwise, the Bills got the ball with 1 minute remaining and all their timeouts.
Probably the same ending either way. We run the clock down and either take the FG and win in OT, or score with 13 seconds left and really find out who the better QB is.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:49 PM 01-24-2022
How many times do you have to interject LeBron into these conversations? We get it, you like LeBron. When someone compares mahomes to Jordan we don't need you telling us how you think LeBron is better.
My post there has nothing to do with the fact that LeBron is better than MJ, although if you want to discuss that I'm open to it. It has to do with the parallels in the media treatment of MJ/LeBron and Brady/Mahomes. If you have an issue with that point, address it.
[Reply]
wazu 02:51 PM 01-24-2022
I've heard today that since the taunt happened during the play that the penalty could have been enforced from the spot he taunted. Which would have taken his td off the board.

Based on what I read in the nfl rulebook it looks like that's possible but not likely due to taunting "at any time" being considered a dead ball penalty. But it does also say the officials can enforce it from wherever they see fit. So... idk.
I don't think that's accurate. Have never seen an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty erase a play. We've been called for them before with Tyreek and others. I think Robinson got one for running backwards into the endzone. TDs always stand.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:53 PM 01-24-2022
When the media actively spends decades building up a player as a legend and someone shortly after comes along who is actually better than that player, it is not surprising that many of those same people will spend their time trying to bring that new player down to preserve that legend. This is going to happen for the rest of Mahomes' career.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:04 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Wiley is so sad. Says Allen is clearly better and the Bills were the better team yesterday. I wonder why he won’t remind everyone how he touted their defense as being the best thereby making Mahomes’ job more difficult? Curious indeed.
The things about this narrative is that they’re ignoring the fact that the Chiefs controlled the majority of the game. At no point did it feel like the Bills were the better team.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:08 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by wachashi:
I keep seeing this narrative: "Imagine Allen with the weapons Mahomes has."

I guess that's supposed to give Bills fans some small moral victory?

The funny thing is, if the Bills won, these same people wouldn't so easily admit that the Chiefs have better offensive weapons.
Imagine Mahomes with the number 1 ranked defense.

Also, the Chiefs have the two best receivers of the two teams, but the Bills probably have the next 3 or 4 best. Our weapons are more too heavy, theirs are more balanced.
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:11 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The things about this narrative is that they’re ignoring the fact that the Chiefs controlled the majority of the game. At no point did it feel like the Bills were the better team.
Yeah, someone is going to have to explain to me how the "Bills were the better Team" narrative works. We out-statted them in just about everything that matters. We gave the Bills 4 points and they still couldn't win that game. That kinda tells me who the actual better Team is in this contest.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:12 PM 01-24-2022
I knew Kelce referencing Jordan in his press conference would set KCC off :-)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:13 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I honestly don't get much of the media's attitude towards Mahomes. The man is a gift to the sport. Every journalist and pundit saying "It's a shame we're talking about the rules and not the game" - well talk about the game. I mean who looks at that ending and thinks "gargh, terrible for the sport"? Who looks at Mahomes producing unprecedented, epoch-defining greatness and thinks "shame about those rules" - aside from Bills fans.

I get Kansas isn't New York in terms of market. I get that some pundits have connections to other teams. But we had decades of every superlative thrown at Brady. Mahomes is a good family man without any hint of controversy, he's active in the community, is active in charity work, he wins with class and loses with grace....and he produces 13 second drives to tie games by making the outrageous and impossible look everyday. He is a fu**ing magician. Every. Single. D***head journalist should be talking about Mahomes in God mode. The fact that many are focused on whining about rules and fluffing Allen is absolutely baffling to me.
You are overthinking it. It is less about Mahomes and more about Allen and Buffalo. The media put all of its eggs into the Buffalo/Allen basket. The Bills fans have suffered for long. Allen is such a talent.

To focus on Mahomes and KC is for the media to admit they were wrong. The media will deflect a million times before they admit they were wrong.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:19 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Yeah, someone is going to have to explain to me how the "Bills were the better Team" narrative works. We out-statted them in just about everything that matters. We gave the Bills 4 points and they still couldn't win that game. That kinda tells me who the actual better Team is in this contest.
Basically the game was very close, so they can just say the team they thought was going to win was “the better team”, because it’s not based in reality.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:20 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I knew Kelce referencing Jordan in his press conference would set KCC off :-)
Yet another reminder who the overwhelming majority believes is the GOAT.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 16 of 31
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up