ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 23
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Thoughts the day after
TwistedChief 04:32 AM 09-20-2021
Went to bed embarrassed and mad. Woke up fine.

We've lost so infrequently over the past couple years that I think we've forgotten how to do it. And how to cope with it as fans.

That defensive performance was about as pathetic as I can ever remember. Literally no saving grace on that front. And that's concerning. But we can acknowledge that these two matchups were particularly bad for this team and we've seen Spags' defenses look lost in the past only to make adjustments and find a way to improve to semi-respectable.

The reality is we played a NUMBER of close games like this last year and each and every time the ball bounced our way. Now, a lot of that is because we have Mahomes who has papered over endless deficiencies for the last few years, but even as a recently as last week, if Chubb doesn't fumble, do we win that game? What is the narrative like then?

Clyde looks bad. Like, even below the status of a normal JAG running back. But I don't think you can fault Andy for running the ball in that situation. It's not like the guy has a LeSean McCoy recent history of fumbling for you (or at all). It happened. It sucks.

Anyway, guys, this is no different from prior seasons. We can beat any team. We have Mahomes and 99% of the time Clyde isn't fumbling there, Butker kicks a FG, we end up winning the game, and we're all doing cartwheels and looking forward to the Chargers. It didn't happen here, but that doesn't make us materially worse as a football team.

This team ex-Mahomes has been soft. Hopefully this toughens us up. We'll be fine.
[Reply]
Otter 02:44 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Don’t google “Gay toe” in a drunken rage.
I wonder if adding 'turf' would help or worsen the results.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:45 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Now wait just a minute there, Mister

You were negative AF last night, and to be honest I agreed with all of it… but was definitely thinking to myself “wow, I’ve never seen TC like THIS before!”

:-)
Well, it was hard to take anything positive from that defensive performance. That side of the ball was definitely the target of my negativity, and I'm still kinda appalled by last night's regression. I honestly didn't think our defense was possible of being that bad on every single level for an entire four quarters. It's dispiriting.

That said, you go to sleep, sober up, wake up the next day, and life goes on. You remind yourself that we have done to dozens of other teams in the Mahomes era what the Ravens did to us yesterday. And that we're still the premiere franchise in the NFL. And how lucky we are to have had this level of success over the last few seasons.

We're not only relevant - we're THE 'it' team. For me, it's not all about Super Bowls. The enjoyment of the journey is what keeps me coming back, and we've got a lot of amazing journeys - and hopefully a few more SBs - ahead of us.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:03 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Well, it was hard to take anything positive from that defensive performance. That side of the ball was definitely the target of my negativity, and I'm still kinda appalled by last night's regression. I honestly didn't think our defense was possible of being that bad on every single level for an entire four quarters. It's dispiriting.

That said, you go to sleep, sober up, wake up the next day, and life goes on. You remind yourself that we have done to dozens of other teams in the Mahomes era what the Ravens did to us yesterday. And that we're still the premiere franchise in the NFL. And how lucky we are to have had this level of success over the last few seasons.

We're not only relevant - we're THE 'it' team. For me, it's not all about Super Bowls. The enjoyment of the journey is what keeps me coming back, and we've got a lot of amazing journeys - and hopefully a few more SBs - ahead of us.
Ok, I’ll buy that :-)

But yeah, everyone just has a lotta steam to blow off right now
[Reply]
philfree 03:04 PM 09-20-2021
My thought the day after is that it took Lamar Jackson having his best day ever and us fumbling at the end for the Ravens to get the win. As bad as our D looked I'm not going to hit the panic button. We'll adjust and we'll be fine!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:06 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
We saw some things from Hardman that bode very well long term.

You shouldn’t be watching games drunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:08 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
It was Lamar’s adjustments at the line of scrimmage that confused us.

Hopefully the Chiefs don’t run into the Ravens in the playoffs. They’ve gotten lucky the last 2 years.

[Reply]
KCUnited 03:09 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
My thought the day after is that it took Lamar Jackson having his best day ever and us fumbling at the end for the Ravens to get the win. As bad as our D looked I'm not going to hit the panic button. We'll adjust and we'll be fine!
I'm mean he spotted us 7 and threw another critical pick. It was more about our defense being historically bad than Lamar breaking records.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:11 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:11 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
You shouldn’t be watching games drunk.

He didn't get his head turned around on that deep ball, but the rest of his game was very solid.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:13 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Hopefully the Chiefs don’t run into the Ravens in the playoffs. They’ve gotten lucky the last 2 years.

Or the Browns, their late game chokes won't last forever. . .

Waitaminnit, we should probably hope we don't run into ANY playoff quality teams in the playoffs, . . . they seem harder to beat.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:14 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Ok, I’ll buy that :-)

But yeah, everyone just has a lotta steam to blow off right now
Hell, I'm more irritated at this loss than the SB. Winning that game would have been a goddamn miracle considering the sack of shit OL we played with against the best Front 7 in football. When you're overmatched, you're overmatched. Tip your cap, move on.

All this talk of Baltimore being one of the best teams in the AFC? Not buying it.

I think I'm still irritated because this feels like a wasted opportunity - they were missing a TON of players while we were healthy, had rookies playing in the defensive backfield due to injury, etc. They are a one trick pony, and we let them do exactly what they wanted all night long with backups.

Plus, there's damn near nothing this defense has shown in the last 8 quarters that leads me to believe it can be quickly fixed - and the next three teams we face have speed and skill on offense to burn.

The bad news is that we're gonna have to score 35-40 every week to win games. The good news is that as long as Andy removes his head from his ass and lets his Ferrari loose, we'll overcome the shitty defense more often than not.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:18 PM 09-20-2021
Lots of mistakes & poor play.

The defense was atrocious with only Bolton & Mathieu making any memorable plays.

That said…if CEH hangs onto the ball at the end, there’s a 90% chance the Chiefs win.

[Reply]
Easy 6 03:22 PM 09-20-2021
Could not agree more, OTW15… that team was decimated with major injuries on both sides of the ball, just riddled with holes like swiss cheese

The fact their scrubs were able to not just beat, but thoroughly embarrass, our starters like that is NOT a good sign going forward… and yeah there is no quick fix or stud FA out there, these mfers just have to come together and play up to their contracts
[Reply]
Funkstown 03:26 PM 09-20-2021
I am surrounded by these spoiled losers here in Maryland. Jesus Christ they are thinking they are super bowl contenders now. I hope we see them again, and we tear their goddamn heads right off and shit all over their corpses.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:59 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Funkstown:
I am surrounded by these spoiled losers here in Maryland. Jesus Christ they are thinking they are super bowl contenders now. I hope we see them again, and we tear their goddamn heads right off and shit all over their corpses.

We also thought the Chiefs were Super Bowl contenders after beating the Patriots to open 2017.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 23
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up