ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 40
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:36 PM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
When carr's salary increases by at least 14 fold in 2018, how exactly does EVERY team face the same predicament...??
Why are you even talking about 2018?

Neither you or Alex Smith will be part of the Chiefs world.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:49 PM 10-10-2016
Fuck me, we're in bad shape moving forward.

I'm slowly edging toward the "let everyone walk" camp.

Financially speaking, Berry, DJ, Hali and Charles should all be let go this offseason. Bailey is dangerously close to becoming a surprise cut and I'm just not sure about Poe's back.. But that's just too many holes to fill in one offseason.

Man.. What are we going to do?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:54 PM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Man.. What are we going to do?
If we cut Dustin Colquitt, Jamaal Charles and Nick Foles we can clear $21 million in cap space.

Then we have to sign Santos, Poe and Berry.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:56 PM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by ASS11:
If we cut Dustin Colquitt, Jamaal Charles and Nick Foles we can clear $21 million in cap space.

Then we have to sign Santos, Poe and Berry.
Nice, forgot about Colquitt. He's got to go.

Isn't Foles on a 1-year deal? Or his second year has some crazy spike in cap hit or something..?

And when can we efficiently cut Alex?
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:59 PM 10-10-2016
Why are you even talking about 2018?

Neither you or Alex Smith will be part of the Chiefs world.
If you had a brain you would be able to extrapolate that Carrs cap hit becomes substantial which means other positions will suffer and the raiders will have to gamble on the next two drafts to alleviate major voids in order to retain him. Just like Seattle had to part ways with many key players over the last two seasons as pro bowlers moved on to veteran contracts. Even Khalil will become a 14 million a year hit as he's currently paid a third of his value on the veteran market.

The difference is, Oakland doesn't draft nearly as well as Seattle/Carroll. Raiders have thru next year to make a move, then all hell breaks loose
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:01 PM 10-10-2016
Isn't Foles on a 1-year deal? Or his second year has some crazy spike in cap hit or something..?
Yes, hence we can save 10 mil by cutting him outright or a few mil by resigning him to something reasonable.

Originally Posted by :
2018, but probably not happening, c'mon
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:02 PM 10-10-2016
Raiders have thru next year to make a move, then all hell breaks loose
Meanwhile the Chiefs will be rebuilding again. I mean, hopefully. God how sad would it be if they tried to pretend they could contend with 34-year old Alex Smith, running in quicksand.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 10:04 PM 10-10-2016
Nice, forgot about Colquitt. He's got to go.

Not until after next season. Berry is more likely to be cut...

Then again if I'm looking at it currently we can carry over 6 million or more from this year's cap going into 2017 thanks to the recent restructure in contracts
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:06 PM 10-10-2016
Not until after next season. Berry is more likely to be cut...

Then again if I'm looking at it currently we can carry over 6 million or more from this year's cap going into 2017 thanks to the recent restructure in contracts
Berry isn't even under contract next season
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:07 PM 10-10-2016
2018, but probably not happening, c'mon
I'm holding out hope that we can finesse some team into taking him off our hands. Two 2nds oughta do it.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 10:09 PM 10-10-2016
Berry isn't even under contract next season
Released/Let go/unsigned... He's going to have to actually do something this season to even entertain the idea of getting another tag
[Reply]
RunKC 10:20 PM 10-10-2016
Cutting Colquitt, DAT, Zombo, Bailey and Mauga saves $7.75 million per overthecap. Add the $7.5 million due to rollover and that puts us at $15.25 million.

I don't see any way we spend $30 million on Alex and Foles next year (please god no) so the most likely scenario is Foles is gone and we get $10.75 million back making that $26 million in the bank.

We can also cut Alex and save about $10 million this spring.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 10:27 PM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Cutting Colquitt, DAT, Zombo, Bailey and Mauga saves $7.75 million per overthecap. Add the $7.5 million due to rollover and that puts us at $15.25 million.

I don't see any way we spend $30 million on Alex and Foles next year (please god no) so the most likely scenario is Foles is gone and we get $10.75 million back making that $26 million in the bank.

We can also cut Alex and save about $10 million this spring.
Charles and/or Berry are more likely gone instead of Smith.
We are in very good shape going into 2017, a lot of draft picks to make too
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:30 PM 10-10-2016
We are in very good shape going into 2017, a lot of draft picks to make too

[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 10:39 PM 10-10-2016
We have the vast majority of impact players under contract and we can easily lose one between Charles/Poe/Berry and fill the void with the draft. Then you can make another easy pick between Colquitt/ Mauga / Bailey for an extra few million. Even more to be made if you release another one between Albert , DAT and Davis. And then the salary cap goes up too. And have you considered that we will roll over 7 million??

Considering how many posts you have on here, you literally have zero clue about football and it's pathetic.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 40
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up