ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 32
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Jarran Reed
Sassy Squatch 06:10 PM 03-28-2021

Source: #Seahawks DL Jarran Reed is headed to the #Chiefs on a 1-year deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 29, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 01:49 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Even if they trade up in the 1st, there's no guarantee the guy can or will start day 1.

Signing a stop gap gives them options with little to no additional cost. There's no reason NOT to do it, especially if you're dead set on drafting a LT high.
I'd imagine one of those two LT's woudl cost 8 million or so.

If you're trading up for a LT, he's your LT day one. IF he can't be that, don't trade up for him
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:50 PM 03-29-2021
Well, yeah, but your point was signing a veteran LT gives them a better chance at getting the right LT in the draft. I fail to see how they correlate at all. Veach and Reid probably already have their draftboard set and signing a stopgap won't change that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:51 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd imagine one of those two LT's woudl cost 8 million or so.
Russell Okung is NOT getting $8M AAV. You're way off.

If you're trading up for a LT, he's your LT day one. IF he can't be that, don't trade up for him
What if the Chiefs don't believe ANY of them can start day one? I guess we shouldn't draft a LT at all then, right? If that's your criteria for a good pick, you're locking yourself into failing the draft. That's not the way good teams approach it, sorry.
[Reply]
O.city 01:51 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Because the NFLPA is pushing for a "Virtual Offseason" again this year.

Do you really want a rookie LT starting in Week 1 just a few weeks after joining the team and limited practice time?
Ok, then are we not gonna count on any draft pick to start? What if we take a WR or a DE?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:52 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, yeah, but your point was signing a veteran LT gives them a better chance at getting the right LT in the draft. I fail to see how they correlate at all. Veach and Reid probably already have their draftboard set and signing a stopgap won't change that.
Because a guy like Eichenberg can start Day 1 but may never be an elite LT.

Whereas a guy like Cosmi might need a year to develop but could be an all pro for 8+ years.

It isn't just about next year. Not with a first round draft pick.
[Reply]
O.city 01:53 PM 03-29-2021
Russell Okung is NOT getting $8M AAV. You're way off.

What if the Chiefs don't believe ANY of them can start day one? I guess we shouldn't draft a LT at all then, right? If that's your criteria for a good pick, you're locking yourself into failing the draft. That's not the way good teams approach it, sorry.
Don't trade up for a guy that isn't ready to step in and start.

If none of them can start, don't take one. I'd be pretty skeptical that's the case though.

Good teams aren't good without a LT either. So something needs to give there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:53 PM 03-29-2021
Ok, then are we not gonna count on any draft pick to start? What if we take a WR or a DE?
How often do rookies start for Andy Reid? Chances are ANYBODY they take is going to be a rotational player to start.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:54 PM 03-29-2021
Don't trade up for a guy that isn't ready to step in and start.

If none of them can start, don't take one. I'd be pretty skeptical that's the case though.

Good teams aren't good without a LT either. So something needs to give there.
They wouldn't be without a LT if they sign one. That's the whole freaking point.
[Reply]
Chargem 01:54 PM 03-29-2021
Any plan that will reduce the amount of times the ball is in Mahomes hand should be scrapped. Why in the world would we want to do that?
I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but the Chiefs just need to increase their percentage of 2 tight end sets, but not decrease their passing percentage.

I would be amazed if defenses still played 2 deep shells against that kind of formation.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:54 PM 03-29-2021

Whereas a guy like Cosmi might need a year to develop but could be an all pro for 8+ years.

Like I said, they've probably already got a decent idea of who they're targeting and signing/not signing a stopgap won't change much if anything on that front.
[Reply]
O.city 01:55 PM 03-29-2021

If thats the case, you can protect him that first year like they did Fisher.

Either way, if they take a LT in the first this year, he'll be your starter at LT in Sep.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:55 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Like I said, they've probably already got a decent idea of who they're targeting and signing/not signing a stopgap won't change much if anything on that front.
They've met with exactly zero draft-eligible tackles. Their draft board most certainly is not set.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:56 PM 03-29-2021
If thats the case, you can protect him that first year like they did Fisher.

Either way, if they take a LT in the first this year, he'll be your starter at LT in Sep.
Eric Fisher played RIGHT tackle his rookie year. Once again, you're off.
[Reply]
O.city 01:57 PM 03-29-2021
They wouldn't be without a LT if they sign one. That's the whole freaking point.
There's an obvious reason the guys available right now at LT aren't signed.

Hell, I'd put whats his face we traded for from Houston at LT before I'd waste any money on any of the vets left out there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:57 PM 03-29-2021
My apologies. They met with Teven Jenkins, a guy you're all convinced is a right tackle.

So much for that.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 32
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up