ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 20
« First < 61213141516 17181920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Neil Smith will bang the pre-game drum
BigChiefTN 08:38 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Chiefs didnt want Neil Smith. Marty and Carl said get the **** out. And people act like Smith just said **** it I'm going to Denver.
Him Going to a rival sucked- but it happens. It was how he belittled and mocked the fans here that matters. Show a little respect /class to the team that gave you a chance and made you who you are- no reason to be an ass and burn bridges with a town that adored you - He’s a Bronco to me.
[Reply]
Kman34 01:00 PM 01-22-2022
Would it be ok if Rich Gannon or Jamal Charles banged the drum?? Didn't Tony G bang it a while back?? Don't matter to me but Neil stopped being a Chief to me when he went to Denver..
[Reply]
BWillie 03:43 PM 01-22-2022
I just seent Neil Smith at Ice House County Road.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:46 PM 01-22-2022
I realize that owners and players don't view these things the way we do. I remember when I met Eddie Kennison at Sports Nutz and told him how much I hated Denver. He just looked at me like I was crazy. If somebody told me how much he hated my friends and former co-workers, I'd think probably think he was crazy, too. That's fine for them. But I'm not one of them. I'm a fan. That's short for "fanatic." I'm not Eddie Kennison, or Michael Corleone. It's not business. It's personal.

As I said before, that loss still haunts me. Nothing will ever make it right. Yeah, I'm old and bitter, and when it comes to that game, unhinged. And I make zero excuses for that, and don't give shit who does or doesn't like it.

Fuck Bronco Neil.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:16 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I realize that owners and players don't view these things the way we do. I remember when I met Eddie Kennison at Sports Nutz and told him how much I hated Denver. He just looked at me like I was crazy. If somebody told me how much he hated my friends and former co-workers, I'd think probably think he was crazy, too. That's fine for them. But I'm not one of them. I'm a fan. That's short for "fanatic." I'm not Eddie Kennison, or Michael Corleone. It's not business. It's personal.

As I said before, that loss still haunts me. Nothing will ever make it right. Yeah, I'm old and bitter, and when it comes to that game, unhinged. And I make zero excuses for that, and don't give shit who does or doesn't like it.

Fuck Bronco Neil.
Even finally beating the Colts in the playoffs has not erased, not only the numerous losses to them in the playoffs over the decades, but especially the last one. That game was the straw that broke the camel's back and changed me as a fan forever. It took a piece of my soul that I'm never getting back, even with ten SB wins.

So I totally get what you are saying.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:22 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Even finally beating the Colts in the playoffs has not erased, not only the numerous losses to them in the playoffs over the decades, but especially the last one. That game was the straw that broke the camel's back and changed me as a fan forever. It took a piece of my soul that I'm never getting back, even with ten SB wins.

That one certainly hurt, a lot, but in that case, we got real payback. Knocked those fuckers out of the playoffs and put the final nail in Luck's coffin.

Their great savior never ended up winning dick, and his final game was a playoff loss at Arrowhead. The same cannot be said of Elway and Manning.

That particular monkey is no longer on my back.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:29 PM 01-22-2022
That one certainly hurt, a lot, but in that case, we got real payback. Knocked those fuckers out of the playoffs and put the final nail in Luck's coffin.

Their great savior never ended up winning dick, and his final game was a playoff loss at Arrowhead. The same cannot be said of Elway and Manning.

That particular monkey is no longer on my back.
I'm not saying there are not differences, just that I understand the idea that there are games that you just never get over.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:30 PM 01-22-2022
I'm not saying there are not differences, just that I understand the idea that there are games that you just never get over.
Fair enough. We've all got our own personal demons.
[Reply]
Spott 08:13 PM 01-22-2022

The 95 playoff game did that to me. Still the coldest I’ve ever been in my life, and that was the longest and quietest walk I ever did out of Arrowhead. Looking back, we got really lucky to win a handful of games that season, but we should have blown that team out.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:17 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
The 95 playoff game did that to me. Still the coldest I’ve ever been in my life, and that was the longest and quietest walk I ever did out of Arrowhead. Looking back, we got really lucky to win a handful of games that season, but we were should have blown that team out.
I was 14 and still had a whoooooole lot of youthful faith and homer in me at that time. Not that it didn’t hurt, and not that I’ll name the kicker who shall be named but, I still had plenty of “give” in my fandom at that point.
[Reply]
Camaro 04:15 PM 01-22-2022
I hope he gets boo’d while everyone throws their beers at him
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 08:09 PM 01-22-2022
I would’ve preferred OJ Simpson.
[Reply]
Curé 08:30 PM 01-22-2022
i remember when rich gannon came back to arrowhead and some chiefs "fans" cheered him. that's much more of a dick move than having neil smith bang the stupid drum. at least neil never got cheered wearing another uni. fuck those "fans."

and fuck raider rich.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:42 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Curé:
i remember when rich gannon came back to arrowhead and some chiefs "fans" cheered him. that's much more of a dick move than having neil smith bang the stupid drum. at least neil never got cheered wearing another uni. fuck those "fans."

and fuck raider rich.
I remember what Tim Grunhard said when asked what would have happened had Gannon started over Grbac. "I'd have a Super Bowl ring."

Gannon was nails down the stretch in '97. Starting that cocksucker Grbac is one of the dumbest decisions ever made in the history of dumb decisions. Why would he want to stay here and continue to backup that soulless prick? I wouldn't have cheered him, but I don't hate him.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:46 PM 01-22-2022
I remember what Tim Grunhard said when asked what would have happened had Gannon started over Grbac. "I'd have a Super Bowl ring."

Gannon was nails down the stretch in '97. Starting that one who sucks the penis Grbac is one of the dumbest decisions ever made in the history of dumb decisions. Why would he want to stay here and continue to backup that soulless prick? I wouldn't have cheered him, but I don't hate him.
Marty would always ALWAYS Marty himself into losing.

He was gutless. All talk. No substance.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 20
« First < 61213141516 17181920 >
Up