ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 256
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Baltimore (AFC Championship)
SHOWTIME 08:41 PM 01-21-2024
Headed back to the AFC Championship Game!!!! Discuss.
[Reply]
Calcountry 09:30 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
We need a flawless game on both sides of the ball along with special teams.

I will be stunned to make the Super Bowl.

Mahomes motivation is magical.
For sure we cannot afford any more cute ass plays that get blown up
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:30 AM 01-22-2024
Yep line up and beat them at their own game.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 09:34 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, part of me says there's now Jackson, Purdy, and Goff, so it would suck a little not to repeat at this point with this defense and clearly the best QB remaining... but, obviously every team could say that right now.

It's the Ravens' best shot not needing to play multiples of Mahomes/Allen/Burrow this year (and Stroud as a rookie on that sad team around him). It's the 49ers' best shot in a terribly weak NFC, it's the Lions' best shot in 100 years only needing to beat 3 10+ win teams all season.

But yeah, at worst Mahomes would be 3-3 in AFCCGs or potentially 2-2 in Super Bowls, which is to be expected at that level, and they kept the AFCCG streak alive and beat their biggest rival at their place in another all time classic..... life is good.
it certainly feels like whoever wins this one is gonna win the super bowl, so it kinda takes “house money” away for me. i want back to back god damn it
[Reply]
Calcountry 09:35 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep definitely our toughest game by far. Ravens are a legit team and have blown out pretty much all the good teams in the NFL this year.
It will take more than a missed field goal to squeak this one out. We will need to not fumble the ball out of the end zone at the pylon actually get seven points when we have our foot on their neck. Basically if we get a break, if we’re fortunate enough to get one, we need to capitalize on it not let them get off the mat.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:38 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Did Thuney miss any plays? Never heard he was hurt until after the game.
He got hurt on the Pacheco TD run. I rewatched the game and Allegretti held his own pretty well. That's why most of us didn't notice even though it was ignored by the telecast.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:44 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by Calcountry:
It will take more than a missed field goal to squeak this one out. We will need to not fumble the ball out of the end zone at the pylon actually get seven points when we have our foot on their neck. Basically if we get a break, if we’re fortunate enough to get one, we need to capitalize on it not let them get off the mat.
We did all think that about last night's game, too. :-)

I get what you're saying though... Hardman's fumble felt much like Mahomes' fumble in the AFCCG last year and somehow neither came back to bite them.

They definitely made it harder on themselves last night and you can't always count on a razor thin margin of error going your way.

I also don’t have as much confidence in the Ravens' offense capitalizing on mistakes, but of course their defense will be much tougher than the 9 yards per play we saw most of last night.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:46 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by Iconic:
They really made the Lions game the night game over us?
West Coast game... makes sense
[Reply]
George Liquor 09:48 AM 01-22-2024
No attempt for a Mecole Hardman redemption arc please. That's all i ask.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:48 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Thuney got hurt on the Pacheco touchdown in the 4th quarter I believe. Allegretti proceeded to finish the game. Hoping for the best but Nick may be the guy going forward. That hurts a lot.
missed this earlier...
[Reply]
George Liquor 09:49 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Is Vegas undervaluing Playoff Mahomes?

Last four playoff games:

- Bengals at Chiefs (-1.5): Final Score: 27-24 Chiefs
- Eagles (-1.5) vs Chiefs: Final Score: 38-35 Chiefs
- Dolphins at Chiefs (-4.5): Final Score: 26-7 Chiefs
- Chiefs at Bills (-3): Final Score: 27-24 Chiefs
I rarely every bet on the Chiefs until the playoffs. Any time i can get them + money on the ML is game on.
[Reply]
digger 09:49 AM 01-22-2024
Playoff Patrick...
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:54 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by wachashi:
It would be fantastic if we could recover a fumble. Our defense has been incredibly unlucky in the turnover department.
It's time for some of these loose balls, tips, and drops go the other way... It could be Sunday.
[Reply]
wachashi 09:57 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's my understanding those are based on public perception, not what Vegas thinks... or in other words, if the Chiefs had been favored by 2.5 last night, all the money would have been on the Bills due to public perception, so the line is set to offset that some.

And yeah, the public will always undervalue due to media bullshit and overvaluing the regular season... and frankly, their bias against wanting the same teams to win every year.
The opening line is essentially what Vegas thinks (oddsmakers is the better term). Some of the most sophisticated computer models in the world + human intuition factoring in injuries and other current conditions. Public money doesn't typically cause the line to move outside of extremely popular events (the Super Bowl being one).
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:00 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by RavensMania:
In the first half we weren't getting the ball out, mostly looking downfield. We adjusted in the second half to quicker throws and running more and thats when everything started to click.

Baltimore is a tough team to keep down and is a really deep team from top to bottom. Should be a good matchup all around.
Can't chase the read back... Texans were horribly undisciplined in not setting the edge and letting Lamar outside on the read option. I don't think Spags D is that undisciplined. Our only chance is to keep Lamar contained and limit his running. We will need some Raven mistakes and if we can get a lead, the pressure will mount on the Ravens. No one is going to pick us this week, but Chiefs fans, and probably shouldn't. That tends to be when we play the best.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:02 AM 01-22-2024
Thuney and Edwards likely missing stinks… but let’s not forget, this team won the AFCCG last year without any WRs outside of MVS and Patrick couldn’t run.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 256
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up