ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 28
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Tag Sneed and Grant him permission to seek trade.
DenverChief 04:37 PM 02-28-2024

BREAKING: The #Chiefs have placed the franchise tag on CB L'Jarius Sneed, sources tell @BleacherReport. It will cost a little over $19M.

Kansas City’s priority is to extend Chris Jones for now and they’ll see what happens with Sneed after. pic.twitter.com/RBfalU55bd

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) February 28, 2024

Originally Posted by :
The Kansas City Chiefs could be saying goodbye to one of their defensive stars.

The Chiefs have granted cornerback L'Jarius Sneed permission to seek a trade, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Wednesday. Rapoport added the Chiefs could elect to use their franchise tag on Sneed ahead of next Tuesday's deadline and then trade the fourth-year defensive back.

If Kansas City does indeed tag Sneed by the March 5 deadline, the organization will have until mid-July to either lock him into a larger extension or presumably make good on its word and trade him. The one-year franchise tag for cornerbacks is set at $19.8 million for the 2024 season.

The 2020 fourth-rounder has blossomed into a stud for the Chiefs during his rookie contract, developing a reputation for sticky coverage with 10 interceptions, 40 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and 6.5 sacks in his career.

Teams are sure to come calling, but they'll have to compete with the K.C.'s negotiating power and the lure of sticking it out with the team that drafted him to make a run at a Super Bowl three-peat.
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-gran...-to-seek-trade
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:02 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Pennell was a beast in the SB. I have no idea why he doesn't stick.
I think it's because his body can't stand up to a full season. He needs to be at full strength to be effective, because other than brute strength, he doesn't really have anything going for him.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:02 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Not me, you can make argument we are winless right now in the Super Bowl if we don’t have Jones. Can’t say the same about Sneed
Sneed punching the ball out of Zay Flowers hands at the goal line saved /won us that game
[Reply]
VAGOMO 4 LIFE! 02:02 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Sneed punching the ball out of Zay Flowers hands at the goal line saved /won us that game
You didn’t have faith in our offense to go down there and score after that?
[Reply]
VAGOMO 4 LIFE! 02:03 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I know it's not my money, but Mahomes is so competitive, and wants to lay down a legacy that cannot be denied, that if I was Mahomes, I would restructure to the absolute lowest salary, because a 3-peat in the NFL would probably earn him back whatever he gave up and much more.

I mean, again, not my money, but if I was that rich, I might ask myself how much is enough. If you have $100 million in the bank, and you give away $25 million, but never even need to use a full $75 million for anything, ever, do I really miss that $25 million?

Yes, I know he would also lose interest on the money, etc. but keeping Sneed and Jones raises the odds of 3-peating by a lot.
He makes so much on endorsement deals anyways
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:51 AM 03-05-2024
Mahomes is so good he doesn't need to take a pay cut to win Super Bowls.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:21 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
They’re no where close to competing. Why trade for a 20m corner?
We'll kind of have to see on the Giants... If the rumors Eisen announced are true, then they are looking to move up for a QB.

That said, it could be posturing to get as many teams to move up in front of them as possible and force at least one of Harrison Jr or Nabers to them. They
did make the playoffs with Daniel Jones just a year ago.

It will be interesting to see how it unfolds. If they do bet on Jones, then it would be a really smart play to bring in Sneed to help lock down some good WRs in their division in Lamb, McLaurin, Brown, and Smith.

I'm in the camp that doesn't think it's posturing. Daniel Jones isn't a starting-caliber NFL QB.
[Reply]
In58men 10:09 PM 03-05-2024

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:51 PM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
#3 overall pick + the Chiefs take the Mac Jones disaster off their plate.

Do it, Faketriots.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:10 PM 03-05-2024
Dolphins, Vikings, Lions, Patriots, Titans and Falcons.

If this is about picks then I’d love to get the Patriots or Titans trade for 33 or 38.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:29 PM 03-05-2024

Vikings, Colts, Titans, Patriots, Lions, Falcons and Jaguars have all inquired about Chiefs CB L'Jarius Sneed, per sources. Plus the latest on Saquon Barkley. https://t.co/iVxNSF6LTG via @usatoday

— Tyler Dragon (@TheTylerDragon) March 6, 2024

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:13 AM 03-06-2024
I know it's not my money, but Mahomes is so competitive, and wants to lay down a legacy that cannot be denied, that if I was Mahomes, I would restructure to the absolute lowest salary, because a 3-peat in the NFL would probably earn him back whatever he gave up and much more.

I mean, again, not my money, but if I was that rich, I might ask myself how much is enough. If you have $100 million in the bank, and you give away $25 million, but never even need to use a full $75 million for anything, ever, do I really miss that $25 million?.
All of these moves to clear cap space by the Chiefs that are with players they are keeping(Mahomes, Thuney etc.) don't lose any money. They just postpone the payment of the money. Thats why we are paying Thuney $27 million this year. Need to pay the piper for his giving us cap space a couple of years ago.
[Reply]
neech 09:32 AM 03-06-2024
I think it's because his body can't stand up to a full season. He needs to be at full strength to be effective, because other than brute strength, he doesn't really have anything going for him.
That's how I view it as well, I knew when they picked Pennell up the Chiefs were going to use him in the postseason. Especially going against the run heavy Ravens offense. As well as going against potentially the 9ers with McCaffery in the SB.

Give that man a SB ring he was signed up for a mercenary position and did well.
[Reply]
VAChief 09:36 AM 03-06-2024
Originally Posted by neech:
That's how I view it as well, I knew when they picked Pennell up the Chiefs were going to use him in the postseason. Especially going against the run heavy Ravens offense. As well as going against potentially the 9ers with McCaffery in the SB.

Give that man a SB ring he was signed up for a mercenary position and did well.
If he's up for it let him coast on the PS all year to stay in shape and then use him if needed down the stretch.

The "Chase Daniel" of DL.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:51 AM 03-06-2024
Originally Posted by VAChief:
If he's up for it let him coast on the PS all year to stay in shape and then use him if needed down the stretch.

They absolutely should do this.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:52 AM 03-06-2024
Originally Posted by VAChief:

If he's on the practice squad, someone can poach him. He's better off chilling on the couch.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 28
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up