ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 157 of 256
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Baltimore (AFC Championship)
SHOWTIME 08:41 PM 01-21-2024
Headed back to the AFC Championship Game!!!! Discuss.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:43 PM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
JFC your dick slobbering is out of control with this one.
I dunno, man. This is a board where the majority thought this team was one-and-done literally a month ago on Christmas and now thinks they're some unstoppable force. (nb: I was neither.)

It's ridiculous that some of the most downbeat posters (hi, MiamiSuperFan99!!!) have come over to flip 180 and assume we'll just outclass the MVP and the clear-cut best team in the NFL this season.

You're realistic. I think we both are. The Ravens are fucking good. In most every facet of the game. We're not going to smack them into the ground in submission. It's the Ravens win by a lot, a little, or the Chiefs win by a little. I don't see the path to pure domination.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:44 PM 01-25-2024
Ravens are 2-2 when they rush for under 130 yards and one of those wins was the 49ers giving the ball away 4X.

Stop the run, force them in 3rd and long and try to get up on them to make them one dimensional.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:45 PM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I dunno, man. This is a board where the majority thought this team was one-and-done literally a month ago on Christmas and now thinks they're some unstoppable force. (nb: I was neither.)

It's ridiculous that some of the most downbeat posters (hi, MiamiSuperFan99!!!) have come over to flip 180 and assume we'll just outclass the MVP and the clear-cut best team in the NFL this season.

You're realistic. I think we both are. The Ravens are fucking good. In most every facet of the game. We're not going to smack them into the ground in submission. It's the Ravens win by a lot, a little, or the Chiefs win by a little. I don't see the path to pure domination.
I'm just speaking to the part that nobody in the league is good enough to force the Ravens to throw the ball.

That's just ridiculous. You would think they're undefeated.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:46 PM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by digger:
#threadover
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 06:47 PM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Or, he's markedly better in some games than other games which creates these +15 point games....
Ooooor... the ravens defense gives the ravens offense extra possessions (ravens led the league in turnovers) or at least doesn't allow the opposing team to score until the offense gets it's shit together.

Which is actually what happens... just look at the Texans game. The game was TIED AT THE HALF. Why? The ravens defense held the Texans to nothing. Not because both offenses were running up and down the field.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 06:50 PM 01-25-2024

You're realistic. I think we both are. The Ravens are ****ing good. In most every facet of the game. We're not going to smack them into the ground in submission. It's the Ravens win by a lot, a little, or the Chiefs win by a little. I don't see the path to pure domination.
Guess you didn't read the ravens forum? They wanted Harbaugh fired half way through the season. That's what fans do.

And no... when does Mahomes get blown out when his line isn't all backups?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:51 PM 01-25-2024

You're realistic. I think we both are. The Ravens are ****ing good. In most every facet of the game. We're not going to smack them into the ground in submission. It's the Ravens win by a lot, a little, or the Chiefs win by a little. I don't see the path to pure domination.
Don't underestimate the power of PM II's lucky underwear. :-) :-)

https://www.menshealth.com/entertain...-superstition/
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:51 PM 01-25-2024
I'm just speaking to the part that nobody in the league is good enough to force the Ravens to throw the ball.

Fair. I do think they have enough confidence in what they do to stay true to a balanced gameplan. And I absolutely think they see what the Bills did and plan to attempt to run it down our throats while also allowing Lamar to take some shots downfield when we cheat to stop the run. If the Bills screwed up one thing in a major way, it's that they didn't attack downfield enough at any point until the end. (I'm not saying Allen throwing downfield is comparable to Lamar.)

It's a challenge. We match up well with them in a lot of ways. This is going to be one of the coolest games we've had in a long time and it's gonna come down to Mahomes' ability to dissect the Mike Macdonald plan. He's very Spags-like in devising his game-specific schemes and he's going to try to confuse Mahomes. Spags is going to try to confuse Jackson. We know who will have the advantage there all else equal based on processing ability alone.

I hope our LBers are ready to step up. (We...need...Willie...Gay)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:53 PM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Guess you didn't read the ravens forum? They wanted Harbaugh fired half way through the season. That's what fans do.

It's not about a blowout. It's about a two-score loss. And that's a lot for a Mahomes team.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:53 PM 01-25-2024
This Pug needs some sleep
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 06:55 PM 01-25-2024

You would thing the Ravens were the 2007 Patriots on offense and the 2001 ravens on defense the way some people talk. Obviously even some Chiefs fans.

Honestly, I'm more confident in this game than the Bills. Chiefs have a better shot at shutting down the ravens offense than the ravens shutting down the Chiefs.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:55 PM 01-25-2024

Me either, unless we get some tipped ball interceptions or fumbles, or Lamar gets hurt. Same with them blowing us out, not gonna happen if we don't turn it over and make mistakes, or have a major injury. This is going to be a tight game if both teams play clean.
[Reply]
StalkRavenMad 06:56 PM 01-25-2024
You misunderstood my post. I agree with everything you said. My post was intended to contradict that Lamar was pressing in the Titans game because he "had to do it all himself that year and it lead to interceptions"...

He just isn't a volume passer and when he gets asked to be a volume passer he folds. Laundry Jackson.
He threw the Ravens back into the game and beat the Chiefs. Dang it. I forgot I if doesn't count because it wasn't the playoffs.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 06:56 PM 01-25-2024
It's not about a blowout. It's about a two-score loss. And that's a lot for a Mahomes team.
Ok... how often does Mahomes lose by 2 scores?
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 06:59 PM 01-25-2024

Mahomes has only been blown out 4 times in his career (loss of 14 points or more). Very rare for him to get massacred in any game.
[Reply]
Page 157 of 256
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207 > Last »
Up