ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 157 of 335
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207257 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
MagicHef 10:56 AM 05-20-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So is this in the show universe? Because in the book universe, Martin's expressly stated that Dawn is back at Starfall waiting for the next 'sword of the morning'.

Though that would be cool as hell in the show, I just don't know how they'd go about establishing the proper gravitas for Dawn without it taking a ton of unnecessary exposition. Just seems more work than reward at that point.
I think it'd only take about 30 seconds of Jamie reminiscing. I wonder if they could tie it into Harrenhal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:13 PM 05-20-2016
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I think it'd only take about 30 seconds of Jamie reminiscing. I wonder if they could tie it into Harrenhal.
Not a bad idea. Does the guy that played Dayne have the chops for any kind of extended scene? He had, what, 3 lines? Then commenced chopping people up.

The Tourney at Harrenhal has always been given a little bit of short shrift in the show but only because of how difficult it would've been to incorporate it. I wonder if we've built up too much forward inertia to really go picking at that scab, though.

With only about 18-20 episodes remaining in the series, they have to be pretty careful in how they go about using their time. I'd think just bringing Longclaw along for the ride (a pretty badass sword in its own right) would be a better use of that time than trying to instill the proper majesty for Dawn and then somehow get the show watchers to recognize the symbolism of Jon essentially making himself the new Sword of The Morning (after almost certainly being born in Dorne himself).

It'd be kinda badass, but I just don't know that enough groundwork has been laid to give it the proper treatment.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 12:35 PM 05-20-2016
As someone who hasn't read the books, you guys have me excited about "dawn." I hope they work it in, because it sounds like it could be an interesting story.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:47 PM 05-20-2016
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
As someone who hasn't read the books, you guys have me excited about "dawn." I hope they work it in, because it sounds like it could be an interesting story.
Eh, still just a sword. Not valyrian steel as most of the great swords are but rather appears to have been made from metal taking from a meteorite.

The cool thing about Dawn is that it isn't just a sword that gets passed down to the eldest son. You have to actually be a badass to get to wear it. I think only 3 people have actually worn it over the centuries (though I'm not sure if it's just self-bestowed or how it is determined if you're truly 'the sword of the morning' and get to carry Dawn).

It is an interesting wrinkle to the story, I'm just not sure if it matters enough in the grand scheme of things to justify 5-10 minutes of screen time.
[Reply]
Sorter 12:56 PM 05-20-2016
If you believe that Dawn is the original Lightbringer, then I'm all for the show leaving it the crypts for Jon to find.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:57 PM 05-20-2016

[Reply]
staylor26 01:09 PM 05-20-2016
Can't believe I hadn't seen this thread till now. I ****ing love GOT.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:52 PM 05-20-2016
https://m.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/commen...d_death_in_the

A long read but an interesting theory on the first prologue as it pertains to the White Walkers and Azor Ahai.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:23 PM 05-20-2016
Image: Not Safe for Work

[Reply]
trd84 03:26 PM 05-20-2016
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Some interesting things:

One of the swords Dayne uses is confirmed as Dawn.
Spoiler!

They also chose to have Dayne use two swords because they felt it would "exhibit almost superhuman prowess". That's fair.

Also confirms Dany is completely immune to fire, Pink Letter written by Ramsay,
Why would ned take his sword and hide it in the crypts?
[Reply]
Sorter 03:34 PM 05-20-2016
Originally Posted by trd84:
Why would ned take his sword and hide it in the crypts?
Because its an easy way for Dabid to get Jon a badass sword.
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:48 PM 05-20-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

A long read but an interesting theory on the first prologue as it pertains to the White Walkers and Azor Ahai.
I'd heard one similar, but without the Craster stuff. The one I read before basically concluded that the Others were extremely wary of Starks just because they were Starks. This one makes more sense, plus gives me some hope that we'll see what happened to Benjen.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:09 AM 05-21-2016
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I'd heard one similar, but without the Craster stuff. The one I read before basically concluded that the Others were extremely wary of Starks just because they were Starks. This one makes more sense, plus gives me some hope that we'll see what happened to Benjen.

I particularly liked the breakdown on the trap the Others set for Waymar Royce. It made a lot of sense.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:35 AM 05-21-2016
I particularly liked the breakdown on the trap the Others set for Waymar Royce. It made a lot of sense.
Agreed.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:41 AM 05-21-2016

Nice to see that fans of the books have taken to writing theories as long as the books they are speculating about, lol.

I made it as far as the Karstark comparison. I'll finish it later...
[Reply]
Page 157 of 335
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207257 > Last »
Up