ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 154 of 197
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:51 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
They should spend the money on OL & Defense. The team had problems in those areas even when Tyreek was involved. Need a stronger OL with a stronger run game and stronger pass protection. That should be top priority.
The pass protection was quite good last year - it just didn't matter much in opening up the downfield passing game.

I just think the offense lacked overall team speed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:55 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Toney could make things interesting.
I'd be fascinated to see what a Toney/Hardman long-term duo could accomplish, but it seems pretty unlikely given the associated costs of keeping Hardman.

I just want to see what level of talent is required to make this sort of thing work. Do you need a HoF and Pro Bowl talent to pull it off and still eviscerate a Cover 2 shell? Can you do it with two guys who are incredibly fast but limited? One Pro Bowl guy and a fast/limited guy?

What's the threshhold level of talent required for the philosophy to work? Can you pull it off with a Jackson/Maclin 2.0 sort of combo. If so...eh, we could luck into a Maclin and with strong development from Toney end up with a Jackson.

I don't know. WR philosophy has fascinated the hell out of me ever since the market went completely haywire. Doubly so when the Chiefs zagged in response.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:59 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The pass protection was quite good last year - it just didn't matter much in opening up the downfield passing game.

I just think the offense lacked overall team speed.
Non-existent run game. Rest of the league is happy to drop 8 guys into coverage and dare KC to run it, knowing that KC will probably gain 0-2 yards the vast majority of the time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:06 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Non-existent run game. Rest of the league is happy to drop 8 guys into coverage and dare KC to run it, knowing that KC will probably gain 0-2 yards the vast majority of the time.
They'll drop 8 guys into coverage anyway if KC will only gain 4-5 yards and the alternative is 25.

The answer wasn't to try to force safeties upfield - that just wasn't going to happen with Hill on the field. It was to force them laterally. And still deeper. To force them to cover MORE ground behind and around them.

The idea that teams were EVER going to choose death by 1,000 papercuts over letting Mahomes carve them apart is simply a non-starter, IMO. Bend but don't break is the very foundation of modern NFL defenses. It's what they'll take every time because ultimately it takes one bad run or one holding call to blow it all apart.

It's just not something I see as being a realistic choice - they won't EVER pick getting beat deep over getting beat by a RB.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:01 AM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by :
Tyreek Hill is the best receiver in the NFL: Hill has always been amongst the game's best at his position, but he's taken his game to another level through his first nine games with the Dolphins.

Hill's 1,104 receiving yards are the most for a player in his first nine games with a team. He has the fourth-most receiving yards through the first nine games in a season in NFL history, behind Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch (1,162; 1951), Raymond Barry (1,147; 1960), and Charley Hennigan (1,122; 1961). Hill has five games with 140-plus receiving yards this season, which is the most in the NFL.

Not only his Hill unguardable, he's making an impact in the locker room as well. He's changed the fortunes of the franchise, while being on pace for 2,085 yards this season.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/o...the-scapegoat/
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:18 AM 11-08-2022
Wish we still had someone with the deep play ability of Reek. Mahomes to Hill, even in 4th and forever felt almost automatic. We don’t have anything close to that now.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:25 AM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Wish we still had someone with the deep play ability of Reek. Mahomes to Hill, even in 4th and forever felt almost automatic. We don’t have anything close to that now.
They need a run game way more than they need Tyreek. That was the case last year too, even with Tyreek on the roster.
[Reply]
TEX 11:26 AM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/o...the-scapegoat/
I knew his skill set would travel well. He is 1of 1 and would improve any team he played for. He's making his QB look very good. He walked into a perfect storm in Miami, with Waddle, and is doing even better than I thought.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:40 PM 11-15-2022
how cute :-)

Tua Tagovailoa is no on pace for:
4,379 yards
35 touchdowns
6 interceptions
Is this enough for MVP? pic.twitter.com/PNtETohWMH

— Dolphins Nation (@Ph1nsNation) November 15, 2022

[Reply]
Bump 12:21 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
how cute :-)

Tyreek would deserve MVP far more than him
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:31 AM 11-16-2022
they're also using W-L to prop up Tua now

the only good team he's beaten was baltimore

he did nothing against buffalo

miami's best use to us now is beating buffalo once more, then they can fuck off and die

you serve mahomes
[Reply]
DRM08 01:08 AM 11-16-2022

miami's best use to us now is beating buffalo once more, then they can fuck off and die

you serve mahomes
They go on the road against 49ers pretty soon. Won’t be surprised if Tua struggles against that Niners defense. It’s not exactly the shitty defense of Lions or Bears that he torched recently. If he does struggle against the Niners, that would be an interesting data point in the comparison with Mahomes after Patrick torched the Niners in their stadium for 40+ points & 400+ yards.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:23 AM 11-16-2022

miami's best use to us now is beating buffalo once more, then they can **** off and die

you serve mahomes
I'd rather Bills beat them and that's our match up, it's a better one for us imo.
[Reply]
milkshock 03:53 AM 11-16-2022
They effectively have 2 Tyreek Hill's out there, when you take into account Waddle. It may be the best WR pairing ever.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:22 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
You say this yet the Chiefs lead the NFL by FAR in 3rd and long conversion percentage
[Reply]
Page 154 of 197
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164 > Last »
Up