ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 153 of 432
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:58 AM 01-13-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The B12's Adj EM is 18.22 right now on KenPom (1st among any conference this year).

Only four leagues have been stronger in the 21-year KenPom era: the 2004 ACC at 20.32 (five top 15 teams), the 2017 B12 at 19.81, the 2022 B12 at 18.74, and the 2021 B10 was at 18.68.

Fair bet when Houston joins the conference next year that it will be the strongest in history.
But you’ll drop off #6 Texas
[Reply]
O.city 10:27 AM 01-13-2023
This is a really good KU team. It's not maybe one of the best in Self's tenure, but it's a really good one.

They don't have a traditional big. That's the only thing that makes people think it's not.

They've got upper class guards who are really good, a freshman wing who is really good, and a good bench.

Some of you guys are too nit picky.
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:09 PM 01-13-2023
I went to a bulls game tonight. Never been to an nba game before. I always wondered how different NBA to a college game would be. It was like being at a Royals game watching basketball, which was weird. Kind of glad we got what we got in kc.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:40 PM 01-13-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Yeah, I think he'll [Dick] be all right [in the NBA]. He should bulk up a bit more, but he's sneaky long and athletic and really doesn't look out of place at all on one of the better defensive teams in the country right now (it also says a ton that Self played a freshman this much from day 1 and that has a lot to do with his defense).

I think his biggest issue as a player right now is his inability to create his own offense off the dribble, but he won't be asked to do that in the NBA. He could have a Klay Thompson-like ceiling at the next level if everything breaks right for him.
I wish him the best. Yes, he has started to get some shot blocking in so maybe there are some early signs. But I'm not really seeing the lateral quickness.

I would love to see him have a Klay Thompson like career. That would be cool.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:55 PM 01-13-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I wish him the best. Yes, he has started to get some shot blocking in so maybe there are some early signs. But I'm not really seeing the lateral quickness.

He's got a long way to go to get to the physicality of prime Klay and certainly a long way to go to be the defender he was. Moreover, as quick as Grady's release is, Klays was faster.

He's got to make some enormous strides to be Klay Thompson, but he's got a lot of tools to work with at the next level.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:35 AM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
But you’ll drop off #6 Texas
Didn't think UT and OU were leaving next year? Maybe that has changed/will change.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:38 AM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

Klay was nowhere near as good as Gradey at his age as a freshman at WSU. He didn't even enter the league until he was 21 and wasn't even really "Klay Thompson" until he was 24-25 years old.

With as young as he is, as good as his shot is and as long/athletic as he is, Dick's potential is enormous at the next level. Now I'm not sure he'll ever be a primary creator of his own offense at the next level, but Klay wasn't really that either. He's certainly got tons of time though.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:01 AM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
This is a really good KU team. It's not maybe one of the best in Self's tenure, but it's a really good one.

They don't have a traditional big. That's the only thing that makes people think it's not.

They've got upper class guards who are really good, a freshman wing who is really good, and a good bench.

They’re good, but it’s more due to coaching than talent. It’s not a vintage KU team in terms of skill and athleticism. If the opponent has a defender that can take away Wilson’s drives, and if Dick can’t get open looks, they can struggle mightily for stretches.

I think they need to become a little more balanced in order to feel good about another deep run. MJ Rice feels like the missing piece. Not sure he’s going to emerge this year though. They need Pettiford to be more aggressive and they need one of the bigs off the bench to emerge.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 09:02 AM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:

I'd argue it's more that every guy has a pretty obvious weakness. When everyone plays well you get great results because they all kind of need each other to be successful and enhance their good aspects. But when a couple of guys don't play well or we don't play with energy you see what can happen. 12 minute FG droughts or being outscored by 15 in a half at home. They probably have the widest variance team wise half to half and game to game than any other 1 seed type team we have had. That's what gives people pause.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:42 AM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
He's got a long way to go to get to the physicality of prime Klay and certainly a long way to go to be the defender he was. Moreover, as quick as Grady's release is, Klays was faster.

He's got to make some enormous strides to be Klay Thompson, but he's got a lot of tools to work with at the next level.
Dick is a good rebounder imo
[Reply]
Lzen 11:09 AM 01-14-2023
https://twitter.com/FansOfKU/status/...o7zSPZu-g&s=19
[Reply]
PHOG 11:17 AM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
https://twitter.com/FansOfKU/status/...o7zSPZu-g&s=19
571-38 between the 3. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 01:07 PM 01-14-2023
Rooting for Kentucky in this Tennessee game. Really don't want them to crater our schedule strength.
[Reply]
bdj23 01:12 PM 01-14-2023
Another game on ESPN+, they're really killing this sport for me
[Reply]
Pablo 01:14 PM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Another game on ESPN+, they're really killing this sport for me
You've got a kid so you've prolly already got Disney+. You can add on hulu and espn+ for like 7 bucks a month I think.

I use hulu to watch King of the Hill and Futurama and my wife watches some shows on there too so it's worth it. I'm sure you know all this shit, but I used espn+ a ton during college football and basketball season for non-KU stuff too.
[Reply]
Page 153 of 432
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Up