ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 153 of 297
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:00 PM 03-06-2010
KSU needs to make the finals of the B12 tournament to ensure that #2 spot I'd say.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:05 PM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
I hope like hell we get OU in the tourney though.
not a chance. OU and Texas Tech would both have to win the tournament to get in. Barring something weird like that, the big XII is pretty much locked in with 7 bids. (Missouri should probably win their first game to be sure, but they are probably in no matter what)
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:06 PM 03-06-2010
Apparently, the Jayhawks beat the Wildcats twice this week.
[Reply]
kstater 08:06 PM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
KSU needs to make the finals of the B12 tournament to ensure that #2 spot I'd say.
Nah. Win Thurs and get a 2. Win Friday and be right back where we were to start today, the 2 in Duke's regional.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 08:09 PM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by alnorth:
not a chance. OU and Texas Tech would both have to win the tournament to get in. Barring something weird like that, the big XII is pretty much locked in with 7 bids. (Missouri should probably win their first game to be sure, but they are probably in no matter what)
10-6 in the Big XII... Mizzou is in.
[Reply]
chiefsfan987 08:11 PM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by kstater:
Nah. Win Thurs and get a 2. Win Friday and be right back where we were to start today, the 2 in Duke's regional.
You don't think the committee will have Baylor ahead of KSU on their board if they meet on Friday and Baylor wins? Same conference record... tied head to head... and Baylor plays for the post season conference B12 trophy?

I agree with KC_Connection, I think KSU has to make it to the finals to be a 2.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:11 PM 03-06-2010
I was waiting for the inevitable kick in the nuts. Glad we got that one out of the way.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:11 PM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by alnorth:
uh, I'm talking about the Big 12 tourney....
[Reply]
kstater 08:13 PM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by chiefsfan987:
You don't think the committee will have Baylor ahead of KSU on their board if they meet on Friday and Baylor wins? Same conference record... tied head to head... and Baylor plays for the post season conference B12 trophy?

Baylor is at best a 4, more likely a 5. They won't be any where near KSU on the curve.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 08:14 PM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
uh, I'm talking about the Big 12 tourney....
I knew that...

But he said Mizzou needed to win a game to be sure... they're in, damnit! :-)
[Reply]
alnorth 08:16 PM 03-06-2010

I dont agree. On the other side of it, KSU has a little better non-conference profile and this year the committee is massively de-emphasizing how you finish. Beginning this season, the committee has said that they will look at your first game of the year every bit as much as your last game. So, Baylor's theoretical win over KSU and their game after that wouldn't be looked at any differently as if they happened earlier in the season.

Baylor is probably too far behind KSU to pass them in the S-curve, unless KSU flames out to OU/OSU and Baylor gets to the championship game.

I think KSU might get the #2 if they win their first game, and definitely will if they win 2. If they win the tournament, they have an outside shot at the #1 if Duke and Purdue both flame out.
[Reply]
KevB 08:17 PM 03-06-2010

Before this game, KSU's RPI and SOS was top 8. Doubt this one game brings them down to Baylor.

Ultimately, they simply need to start playing better, or none of this matters. They haven't played well for three straight games (MU/KU/ISU).
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:17 PM 03-06-2010

They don't compare teams like that.
[Reply]
chiefsfan987 08:18 PM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by kstater:
Baylor is at best a 4, more likely a 5. They won't be any where near KSU on the curve.
I think Baylor could move up to a #3 if they win the conference tournament. I don't think they will, but I think its possible and I also think that by KSU losing to them and not playing in the B12 final they most certainly fall to a #3.
[Reply]
ROYC75 08:20 PM 03-06-2010
Damn Kittens, ISU cleaned your litter box. What the heck happened ? OT ? Was it that bad of a day ? A possible # 1 seed in the Big Dance and on Sr. day, just unreal .
[Reply]
Page 153 of 297
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Up