View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 153 of 343
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:46 PM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by GROB:
You guys got lucky this guy is going to play on the Tag vs signing that deal. Not sure a division full of speed rushers is a good idea for a fat slow footed tackle. Trading a first for this guy was not smart.
The Chiefs also received a 2nd back in that draft, which became Nick Bolton. The Chiefs traded a late 1st (and some later picks) for OBJ and Nick Bolton. But you knew that.
[Reply]
GROB 01:52 PM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The Chiefs also received a 2nd back in that draft, which became Nick Bolton. The Chiefs traded a late 1st (and some later picks) for OBJ and Nick Bolton. But you knew that.
Wasnt it a 3rd, 4 and late pick?? I dont recall exact details.Baltimore was smart to dump him. They knew this contract situation would come up. He is a decent player in a power run scheme but nmslow footed in pass protection. KC IMO would be smart to not back up the brings truck for him.
[Reply]
jettio 03:23 PM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by GROB:
Wasnt it a 3rd, 4 and late pick?? I dont recall exact deatils.Baltimore was smart to dump him. They knew this contract situation would come up. He is a decent player in a power run scheme but nmslow footed in pass protection. KC IMO would be smart to not back up the brings truck for him.
Consider that the ankle injury that ended Ronnie Stanley's 2020 season needed 3 surgeries and also cost Ronnie Stanley all of the 2021 season except for an appearance in one game.

Ronnie Stanley signed his huge deal in October 2020 and got hurt the very next game and briefly appeared in one 2021 game.

That money was spent on Stanley's deal injured or not, but a few folks in Baltimore front office or fandom miss Orlando Brown, Jr. The edge player they drafted with the Chiefs pick had a good rookie year and made the key play in week 2 Chiefs loss. But they may not have made the deal if they knew that Ronnie Stanley was not healing up right.
[Reply]
R Clark 03:26 PM 08-05-2022
Oh I bet they won’t back up the brings truck ,that sounds more like a dungver move
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 03:33 PM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Who are you replacing OBJ with at LT?

Provide a veteran or a draft prospect who will realistically be available for the Chiefs to get in 2023 who would be a legit upgrade.
We could replace him with your mother for all I give a shit. I'm not sure how a guy that gets his mother ****ing doors blown off from the jump so often that he has to carry a bundle of wood screws in his jock for every game is so ****ing valuable to you in a Mahomes led offense.

Jeez, who else in the league could get beat like they are standing still a couple less times?

Probably several of those, and they come a helluva lot cheaper.

If OBJ was blocking for a mortal qb that doesn't have Mahomes skillset, this guy would be an unmitigated dumpster fire in pass protection.

Mahomes makes the guy look a lot better than he is by immediately bailing and running for his life when Orlando decides to do his ever so popular revolving door impersonation at the snap.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:44 PM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by blake5676:
While I don't completely disagree with your first sentence and the general premise of your second, I'm still going to give you an overall reply of:

GET ****ED
You are right but you are not allowed to say that. Hes our piece of shit. We can bag on him not you. Go drink some antifreeze pal
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:48 PM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
We could replace him with your mother for all I give a shit. I'm not sure how a guy that gets his mother ****ing doors blown off from the jump so often that he has to carry a bundle of wood screws in his jock for every game is so ****ing valuable to you in a Mahomes led offense.

Jeez, who else in the league could get beat like they are standing still a couple less times?

Probably several of those, and they come a helluva lot cheaper.

If OBJ was blocking for a mortal qb that doesn't have Mahomes skillset, this guy would be an unmitigated dumpster fire in pass protection.

Mahomes makes the guy look a lot better than he is by immediately bailing and running for his life when Orlando decides to do his ever so popular revolving door impersonation at the snap.
Do you know anything about football? Mahomes was the issue the first 6 games of last year... PERIOD. Yes, he got beat a few more times, but saying he's a JAG is laughable, Did you watch Fisher when he was 25...
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:13 PM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Who are you replacing OBJ with at LT?

Provide a veteran or a draft prospect who will realistically be available for the Chiefs to get in 2023 who would be a legit upgrade.
What if KC replaced him with somebody who was not a legit upgrade but also didn't expect to be paid as an elite LT?

:-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 05:06 PM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Do you know anything about football? Mahomes was the issue the first 6 games of last year... PERIOD. Yes, he got beat a few more times, but saying he's a JAG is laughable, Did you watch Fisher when he was 25...
Do you know anything about reading comprehension?

Where have I mentioned or pined for Eric fucking Fisher in this thread?

And miss me with your fucking MAHOMES IS TEH PROBLUM HURR DERP.

The guy is only 50-13 playing how he plays the game. Yes. Let's cut Mahomes balls off, so that fatass won't be in danger of feeling his blood move.

Fuck out of here.

Figure out a way to block for the best qb on the planet so that he can do what he does, or fuck off back to Baltimore where they have a running back dressed as a qb leading the offense.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:18 PM 08-05-2022
Do you know anything about reading comprehension?

Where have I mentioned or pined for Eric ****ing Fisher in this thread?

And miss me with your ****ing MAHOMES IS TEH PROBLUM HURR DERP.

The guy is only 50-13 playing how he plays the game. Yes. Let's cut Mahomes balls off, so that fatass won't be in danger of feeling his blood move.

**** out of here.

Figure out a way to block for the best qb on the planet so that he can do what he does, or **** off back to Baltimore where they have a running back dressed as a qb leading the offense.

Again, you don't understand shit... Any objective observer of the game could see early last year Mahomes was drifting too far deep in the pocket for ANY LT to have a consistent effort. No LT can block consistently for a QB dropping 9-13 yards nearly every ****ing snap. That's why Mahomes had 4 of his regular season 10 losses in that 6 game stretch. I'm not the one pining that OBJ is a JAG and can be replaced by pretty much anyone. I'm the one that has said he's somewhere between 8-12, and he's only 26 this year. Again, who would you replace him with and do you think Veach and Reid have just gotten stupid to want to pay him what they were willing to?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:20 PM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
What if KC replaced him with somebody who was not a legit upgrade but also didn't expect to be paid as an elite LT?

:-)
OK, whom?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:28 AM 08-06-2022
I'll just say this- dude is in noticeably better shape.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 03:42 PM 08-06-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'll just say this- dude is in noticeably better shape.
Yeah?

So is Frank Clark.
[Reply]
tmax63 03:47 PM 08-06-2022
Yeah?

So is Frank Clark.
And if both perform to expectation the Chiefs should have another deeep run in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 03:47 PM 08-06-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Again, you don't understand shit... Any objective observer of the game could see early last year Mahomes was drifting too far deep in the pocket for ANY LT to have a consistent effort. No LT can block consistently for a QB dropping 9-13 yards nearly every ****ing snap. That's why Mahomes had 4 of his regular season 10 losses in that 6 game stretch. I'm not the one pining that OBJ is a JAG and can be replaced by pretty much anyone. I'm the one that has said he's somewhere between 8-12, and he's only 26 this year. Again, who would you replace him with and do you think Veach and Reid have just gotten stupid to want to pay him what they were willing to?
Veach didn't give OBJ the bank because he hasn't earned those guarantees, so no, Veach is not stupid.

Now, go fap to dehydration on the back to back rushes that OBJ stopped Frank Clark, and the snaps that he got the better of a rookie in training camp while whispering to yourself that MAHOMES is the reason our LT looked like shit and didn't get paid.

Bust the fattest, most delusional nut right on your mother's forehead.
[Reply]
Page 153 of 343
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Up