ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 152 of 167
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:16 AM 07-26-2022

Aaron Rodgers pulled up to training camp as Cameron Poe 😂😂

Third straight MVP coming soon#Packers pic.twitter.com/fyj73v8J9N

— Tony Clements (@TonyCMKE) July 26, 2022

[Reply]
TripleThreat 09:23 AM 07-26-2022
Will Lazard or the rookie be his #1? Asking for who to draft in fantasy.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:26 AM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
That's my pick (and the obvious one), although I think Amari Rodgers is a nice sleeper for PPR leagues.
[Reply]
Bump 10:00 PM 07-26-2022
This made me chuckle, hope he read a letter to some kid in that voice he did in Con Air

Let's do this. @AaronRodgers12 #PackersCamp | #GoPackGo pic.twitter.com/gEgqBhyzJP

— Green Bay Packers (@packers) July 26, 2022

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:04 PM 07-26-2022
Looks like Nic Cage from Con Air.
[Reply]
irafreak 11:08 PM 07-26-2022
Wait he just dropped his bag in the parking lot and walked away? And they couldn't have had all those cars explode as he walked by?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:13 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Aaron Jones.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:59 AM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
This made me chuckle, hope he read a letter to some kid in that voice he did in Con Air

Pretty sure he said he was going to do this very thing on Pat McAfee's draft show. Legend, lol.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:15 AM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:

Gosh, that's amazing news!!

:-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:52 PM 10-25-2022

Asked by @PatMcAfeeShow about his own performace, Rodgers said that QB coach Tom Clements gave Rodgers his highest single-game grade yet this season in Sunday's loss against the Commanders.

— Matt Schneidman (@mattschneidman) October 25, 2022

What an unbelievable douche. My coach says I played great. The exact polar opposite of how you want your QB to behave.

They had a chance to trade this guy for all the draft picks in the world. Should have taken it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:12 PM 10-25-2022
I can appreciate the candor since I have no dog in that fight. This is the guy who is coming off of back-to-back MVPs, nearly twenty years in the league- he knows when guys around him aren't good enough.

Not something you want your QB saying to the media though lol
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:15 PM 10-25-2022
The exact opposite of what you want from a leader.

I can see why Adams wanted out.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:18 PM 10-25-2022
They've surrounded him with trash and expected him to elevate it to playoff level, what do you expect?
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:23 PM 10-25-2022
Him to act like a leader. You just don't say shit like that in public about your teammates.

My coach says I'm a special boy and it's not my fault. LOL
[Reply]
Mecca 01:24 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Him to act like a leader. You just don't say shit like that in public about your teammates.

My coach says I'm a special boy and it's not my fault. LOL
I really don't care what he said to be honest. Anyone that has watched 5 minutes of the Packers can see their offensive talent is a flaming pile of trash.
[Reply]
Page 152 of 167
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162 > Last »
Up