ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 152 of 256
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162202252 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Baltimore (AFC Championship)
SHOWTIME 08:41 PM 01-21-2024
Headed back to the AFC Championship Game!!!! Discuss.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:20 PM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad:
Lawrence Taylor was an Edge Rusher so he and Ray played 2 different positions and Ronnie Lott was a box safety and Ed was a FS. So they're probably laughing at you for not knowing your positions.
I'm sorry. I must have missed the part where you made all those specific distinctions about positions.

Seemed like you made just a generic overall statement about 4 Ravens players without qualifying any of it.

I must have misread. I'll go back and read it again.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:20 PM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I've known a few people who swear they only need a few hours of sleep/night... sometimes I wish I could do that, but even 20 years ago I wouldn't be able to do that for more than a day or two without turning into a zombie.

It sux to be an insomniac. In HS and college I often only got 3-4 hours of sleep/night. But most of the time I could function just fine. I didn't like how I felt, but I could go about my business. Every few weeks I'd go sleepless for a couple days, and that sucked. A few times a year I'd go 50+ hours. Twice I went 5 straight days without sleeping. Hallucinated towards the end of those, smelled rotten oranges all day, saw things that weren't there, etc.

Nowadays, a couple times a year I'll go sleepless for 40+ hours. Most nights I can get 6 hours of sleep.

Worst thing about it is that when it hits, you're just stuck with it. No sleeping pills/alcohol/drugs seem to work. You're just awake until it's over, whenever that happens.
[Reply]
StalkRavenMad 04:21 PM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
You have said yourself it’s a team game. Mahomes cannot control the mistakes of his teammates, like Mecole Hardman fumbling away 7 points last week. How many people hold a negative view of Tom Brady for failing to make the Playoffs in 2002 right after winning a championship? He also failed to win a ring in 15 of 22 seasons while losing to the likes of Ryan Tannehill and Nick Foles.

Chiefs looked dead in the water on Christmas Day. As a guy with more pessimistic views, I was actually somewhat concerned they would lose their final 2 games and miss the Playoffs entirely. I think it’s pretty amazing the Chiefs got their act together enough to make it to the Conference title game. The Ravens are a great TEAM and should win the game.
But it's ok to hold the 2019 playoff Loss against Lamar Even though he had 500 yards of total offense including 350 passing. He had multiple guys drop multiple passes and the defense couldn't stop Derrick Henry. They also hold a playoff loss against him in 2018 when he took over for Joe Flacco. Joe Flacco and Lamar Jackson couldn't be more different QBs but he took that team from a below .500 team to a division winner in 7 games. Do you see the hypocrisy in that
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:21 PM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
I’m just going to go ahead and be honest here -

Cheerleaders: Ravens
Hard to argue there. I think one of the Chiefs girls below might make it on the Ravens squad.

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:24 PM 01-25-2024
Hard to argue there. I think one of the Chiefs girls below might make it on the Ravens squad.

We're the Arizona Cardinals of cheerleaders.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:26 PM 01-25-2024

3 (redheads, gotta have 'em) and 2 (bellybutton game is on point). The rest are horses in disguise.
[Reply]
RavensMania 04:26 PM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Lamar Jackson, in fact, had the opportunity to try to play through a lower leg injury and elevate his team.

He chose not to play on one leg.
he had a ligament injury and couldn't play through it. you try playing through a grade 3 ligament injury
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:29 PM 01-25-2024
Q - How do you keep a Ravens fan from beating his wife?

A - Put a Chiefs jersey on her!
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:31 PM 01-25-2024
But it's ok to hold the 2019 playoff Loss against Lamar Even though he had 500 yards of total offense including 350 passing. He had multiple guys drop multiple passes and the defense couldn't stop Derrick Henry. They also hold a playoff loss against him in 2018 when he took over for Joe Flacco. Joe Flacco and Lamar Jackson couldn't be more different QBs but he took that team from a below .500 team to a division winner in 7 games. Do you see the hypocrisy in that
Lamar turned the ball over 3 times in that game (2 INT's, 1 fumble) all by himself.

We just gonna ignore that?
[Reply]
DRM08 04:31 PM 01-25-2024
I do see all of that. Lamar didn’t exactly play his best in that Tennessee game. Some of that loss falls on him. Some of it falls on his teammates and coaches for sure. They were much better prepared this time around after the bye week, which seemed to take the wind out of Baltimore’s sails in the Tennessee game 4 years ago. They headed into the Playoffs at the end of 2019 regular season looking unbeatable. Crushed Belichick & Brady on Sunday Night Football late in the season. And then something happened in the bye week. They came out very flat in that Tennessee game and could never dig themselves out of the hole. Harbaugh figured out something in the bye week this year to have the guys better prepared.
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:31 PM 01-25-2024
Next on the real hooters of Baltimore
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:31 PM 01-25-2024
Only on Planet Chiefs does the Bully lose and continue to be the Bully. I seriously got you guys losing and still proclaiming yourselves Champions.
Only on Chiefsplanet do we have to put up with every damned teams' asshole fans coming in here, with their chests puffed out about how their team is da greatest evah! Only to disappear when Mahomes rips their heart out.

And he usually does this time of year.

If you get us this time, bummer. Better go win it all, then-because it's the best chance you're going to have for a while.

Us? We'll be here next year. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that. And the year after that.

Nobody wins every year. But we get within a game every year, and nobody else does.

And THAT is why we don't give a shit about your team.

You're all just flashes in the pan. Mahomes is inevitable.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:35 PM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by PurpleOrange:
For me at least it would have to take something really awful (13 seconds) to be devastated by a loss Sunday. Losing at home in 2006 when we Peyton Manning and Colts scored 0 touchdowns yet the Ravens still lost was brutal, the Lee Evans/Billy Cundiff game were brutal. We lose a close game that could go either way I'll tip my hat. Disappointed yes, devastated, probably not.
Come on. Don't lie. You will be devastated and should be with an all time DVOA team and a team that beat 11 winning teams, many handely. We had whole thread in here dedicated to people who gave up on these asp things weeks ago.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:36 PM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by RavensMania:
he had a ligament injury and couldn't play through it. you try playing through a grade 3 ligament injury
A) Diagnosed Grade 2 - I don't think rounding up is appropriate when discussing an injury.

B) What exactly do you think a 'severe high ankle sprain' would qualify as?

Your boy didn't want to risk his bag playing on a balky knee. Our guy ran for 25 yards on a bad wheel to win us a Super Bowl.

Potayto, Potahto...
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:40 PM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by OneWinningDrive:
What exactly went wrong for KC this year? Your GM constructed a mid roster by not getting any receivers? And that’s hand waved away? You did that.

Also suggesting that a guy is in the GOAT conversation while also explaining away how a loss as acceptable is incongruent. If he’s the GOAT, he wins this game. He beats the DVOA darlings with the MVP in their house. If he doesn’t win that game, it matters. As a non-Chiefs fan, I’ll tell you right now that I won’t think of him the way people here want me to. Because people here aren’t saying he’s very good—they’re saying he is the greatest to ever do it. Then prove it no matter the circumstances.

If you construct a mid roster and the baby goat loses, you’re not who people on this board are telling me you are. You don’t have the Pats’ cache, not even close. You might think you’re “on track,” but you’re not there just as much as no one here will give credit to Lamar/the Ravens for being “on track” for a Super Bowl when it’s all said and done. You have to actually do it in games like this. Defend your title.

Spinning this narrative that this game is a win/win for the Chiefs should be beneath you if you think these guys are who you say they are.
You see, we won last year with the highest cap percentage a QB has ever had. We are on the ups of doing it again with a top 2 Defense that are the youngest in the NFL. This is your year to get us. ��
[Reply]
Page 152 of 256
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162202252 > Last »
Up