ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 151 of 163
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
carlos3652 12:36 AM 12-14-2022
Ps: I thought the red tonight did great.
[Reply]
kstater 01:45 PM 12-14-2022
Holy shit missed by an inch

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
bdj23 01:45 PM 12-14-2022
Close one for Morocco.

Frogs winning again will be soulless
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:56 PM 12-14-2022
Morocco looking good. Ziyech giving some really good deliveries. They just have to finish one.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:12 PM 12-14-2022
Holden is such a drama queen.
[Reply]
kstater 02:17 PM 12-14-2022
France flopping around like dead fish.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:17 PM 12-14-2022
Some good attacking threat from Morocco since the break, it's cool to see them facing up to France and playing so bravely.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:41 PM 12-14-2022
There it is. The nail in the coffin. Great individual effort from Mbappe to draw the entire defense in. Morocco definitely showed they belonged here. It was a fun match. Should be a couple great matchups this weekend now as well to finish it off!
[Reply]
penguinz 02:50 PM 12-14-2022
Hopefully France can pull off the repeat and Messi goes home crying.

I have no doubt Messi will act like a total bitch if things don't go his way. That is just who he is.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:54 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Hopefully France can pull off the repeat and Messi goes home crying.

I have no doubt Messi will act like a total bitch if things don't go his way. That is just who he is.
Oh please. Messi should be honored before the game with a presentation for his contribution globally to the sport. It's his last World Cup game. Nothing excessive mind you, maybe a 10 or 15 minute presentation. Also, the French players should shake his hand and address him appropriately, unlike the Dutch players last week. He's the GOAT for a reason.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:59 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Oh please. Messi should be honored before the game with a presentation for his contribution globally to the sport. It's his last World Cup game. Nothing excessive mind you, maybe a 10 or 15 minute presentation. Also, the French players should shake his hand and address him appropriately, unlike the Dutch players last week. He's the GOAT for a reason.
Haha absolutely not. I’m assuming you’re kidding, but they should absolutely not do anything pregame for Messi. No one is bigger than the game itself and this is the biggest match of them all. If he wants to be honored he can retire or win it all. If Mbappe wins he takes a stronghold on the GOAT talk as well. Lots of storylines for sure. Should be a great matchup.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:02 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
He is not the GOAT of his own country let alone the entire sport. He has shown his pussy and quit the before.

Great player but not the GOAT and is a total bitch.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:16 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
He is not the GOAT of his own country let alone the entire sport. He has shown his pussy and quit the before.

Great player but not the GOAT and is a total bitch.
Ronaldo, is that you?

I loved Maradona as a kid but there's little argument for him over Messi. Messi has 7 Ballon D'Ors. He's about to be named the Golden Ball Winner in two separate World Cups (something not even Maradona did). Also, by 35 years old, Maradona was cooked. Messi is still going strong.
[Reply]
|Zach| 04:04 PM 12-14-2022
Gutted for Morocco! What a performance.
[Reply]
carlos3652 04:09 PM 12-14-2022
Had Maradona not hit the cocaine so hard, there would be no question who the best ever was.

Messi is the GOAT (for now)

The Golden Ball winner will probably go to the loser. Mbappe if Argentina wins, Messi if France wins.

I think Mbappe will have Pele's history trajectory and he might be candidate to be the GOAT if he continues to win WC's and have the success at the Club level that Messi had:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/lionel-.../spieler/28003
https://www.transfermarkt.us/kylian-...spieler/342229
[Reply]
Page 151 of 163
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161 > Last »
Up