View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 151 of 343
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161201251 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:03 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
If he balls out and plays like a stud stonewalling guys then he deserves a big payday but I just don't think he will. He's not a rookie. He is what he is.
If he does sign he'll have a good 1st year but after that I question his drive to maintain it with all things considered.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:16 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
If he does sign he'll have a good 1st year but after that I question his drive to maintain it with all things considered.
I do as well. He seems like a pay me then get lazy type.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:31 PM 08-02-2022
I do as well. He seems like a pay me then get lazy type.
Based on what?

Do you think about any of this nonsense before you hit submit reply?

JFC
[Reply]
BWillie 07:38 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Kansas City Chiefs left offensive tackle Orlando Brown Jr. will report to camp on Monday and sign his franchise tender, sources told ESPN's Robert Griffin III

Guy is reporting for the first day of pads. Seems completely reasonable. Let’s stop the hate and hope this guy balls out this season and we need to pay him actual Trent Williams money next year.
We don't want that to happen. If he does play like that, I hope we walk. This is not a guy I would trust with a big contract and guaranteed money.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:44 PM 08-02-2022
Thankfully for Brown Jr he gets to be a LT in the AFC West which is loaded at pass rusher. Looks like he will have plenty of opportunities to earn what he feels he is worth.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 07:47 PM 08-02-2022

You're delusional if you think he's a bottom third LT at age 26 with 2 years playing that position and only 1 in the Chiefs system.

You should be furious they gave him the franchise tag if this is how you view him.

You're delusional if you think this dude has performed at any level above bottom third. You could push it and MAYBE rank him around 20, but it's certainly debatable.

He's damn sure not elite, and a guy we should back the brinks truck up for after one season of him getting beat like he's standing still.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:51 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
You're delusional if you think this dude has performed at any level above bottom third. You could push it and MAYBE rank him around 20, but it's certainly debatable.

He's damn sure not elite, and a guy we should back the brinks truck up for after one season of him getting beat like he's standing still.
We're not discussing "elite." We're discussing your ridiculous "bottom third" assertion.

Please provide anyone who has ranked him in the bottom third. Then we can start our discussion.

I promise I can find people who have ranked him ahead of the bottom third.
[Reply]
srvy 08:25 PM 08-02-2022
He is easily a bottom 3rd pass blocking LT and it's his run blocking that raises him to the middle of the pack. Run blocking doesn't fit well on a pass-heavy offense. I am afraid OBJr was where he needed to be in Baltimore except he ate himself out of beating out Ronnie Stanley who can block and protect. I like BWillie don't trust him to knuckle down and work hard to earn the top dog pay. It really means nothing what I or anyone here says or thinks about OBJr that's for Andy and Burt to decide. I think they are not certain and reluctant to buy in.
[Reply]
Bump 08:55 PM 08-02-2022
if he doesn't come out looking like Willie Roaf or Orlando Pace he's going to look real foolish turning down that offer
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:07 PM 08-02-2022
If he balls out and plays like a stud stonewalling guys then he deserves a big payday but I just don't think he will. He's not a rookie. He is what he is.
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Yea, I don't get why a player busting his ass in a contract year would make you think he deserves a long, guaranteed contract if there are already things that have given you doubts...

But if he has a great year and KC does lock him up long term, I hope it works out.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:17 PM 08-02-2022
Brown came into camp looking lean and in shape-props to him. He seems focused on making himself a better football player and winning an SB.

This team is LOADED! SB or bust!
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:37 AM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

Wow... you truly don't get football. Bottom 3rd? Take away the first 4 games last year working a new O-line and then look at him when Patrick doesn't drift back 9-15 yards and he was no where near the bottom third. He's definitely not Top 5, probably 8-14, as a 26 year old.

https://www.onclickperformance.com/j...orite%7Caddict

Originally Posted by :
Orlando Brown
Overall, Brown had a good season. In terms of run blocking, Brown was an absolute tank; he had an 81% run block win rate, which was the second-highest in the league per ESPN. Additionally, he didn’t start strong in pass blocking, but he did develop into a good pass blocker, netting an overall 75.2 PFF grade. While he did allow four sacks (T-27th among NFL tackles), most of this came in the early season; once he adjusted, he played spectacularly, aiding the Chiefs into making one of the best offensive lines this season. He also had a Pro Bowl nod
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:16 AM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Wow... you truly don't get football. Bottom 3rd? Take away the first 4 games last year working a new O-line and then look at him when Patrick doesn't drift back 9-15 yards and he was no where near the bottom third. He's definitely not Top 5, probably 8-14, as a 26 year old.

https://www.onclickperformance.com/j...orite%7Caddict

Run blocking tank, in an offense led by the most talented passer the league has ever seen, coached by a man who is allergic to rushing the football.

Yes, let's blame the heart and soul of the team, Patrick Mahomes, for his shortcomings as a pass blocker.

Fuck out of here.

Throw out all the numbers you like, Brown doesn't pass the eye test. How many of us stood up in our living rooms shouting obscenities at this guy every time he faced a pass rusher that moved slightly faster than a Wal mart power cart?

Mahomes wizardry at avoiding the rush made Browns sacks allowed look a helluva lot better than 4.
[Reply]
jettio 09:20 AM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
He is easily a bottom 3rd pass blocking LT and it's his run blocking that raises him to the middle of the pack. Run blocking doesn't fit well on a pass-heavy offense. I am afraid OBJr was where he needed to be in Baltimore except he ate himself out of beating out Ronnie Stanley who can block and protect. I like BWillie don't trust him to knuckle down and work hard to earn the top dog pay. It really means nothing what I or anyone here says or thinks about OBJr that's for Andy and Burt to decide. I think they are not certain and reluctant to buy in.
What can you tell us about Ronnie Stanley, Orlando Brown, Jr. and the Ravens?

You must know know a single thing about it for you to say that an eating disorder was part of the story.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:25 AM 08-03-2022
We're not discussing "elite." We're discussing your ridiculous "bottom third" assertion.

Please provide anyone who has ranked him in the bottom third. Then we can start our discussion.

I promise I can find people who have ranked him ahead of the bottom third.
The Chiefs traded for the guy and have no real options at LT, and yet still refused to offer a guaranteed third year. Obviously by the contract offer, Chiefs don't see him bottom third, but the lack of a guaranteed third year sure indicates that the Chiefs don't see him as elite, either. The Chiefs offer really wasn't that impressive when stripped of the funny money.
[Reply]
Page 151 of 343
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161201251 > Last »
Up