ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 150 of 432
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160200250 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 09:01 AM 01-11-2023
man is the rest of the season going to be like this, the big 12 seems stacked this year

I'm aging too quickly as it is
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:47 AM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
On the McCullar drive you posted, didn't they put in a rule for flopping? I mean, McCullar didn't even make contact before he bailed out. Not only is that a flop, but that's a horribly executed flop. My buddy asked me isn't that a technical? I mean, that's asking a lot of this crew but holy shit. That's ALL that's wrong with basketball. I'd be all about tightening up on the physicality if they'd also hammer the worst of those mother****ers.
The refs almost seem to have effectively stopped calling this since the first few games of the year. There were a few times they could have possibly called this yesterday (including once when it appeared Dick flopped while defending a spin move) where they didn't.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:51 AM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
KJ Adams is averaging 16 points per game in conference play.

He’s on his way to honorable mention all conference.
The dude is making me eat my words, hard.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:52 AM 01-11-2023
KJ Adams is averaging 16 points per game in conference play.

He’s on his way to honorable mention all conference.
Easily the most improved KU player, IMO.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:54 AM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
So are teams going to just continue that style of guarding DIck?
I personally would continue it if I was these teams. Dick is already one of the best shooters in the world and will be knocking down threes regularly in the NBA next year. If you leave him, there's about a 50% chance he's knocking down a three and that's a worse outcome defensively than any other offensive option on our team.

That said, it actually worked to our advantage yesterday. It didn't feel like it, but we scored at a decent rate. Mostly because KJ Adams was able to score efficiently on his man one-on-one off screens (who could have ever expected that a month ago?). That will not always be the case against teams with legitimate defensive bigs with size though. That's when Self always has the option to go small with Wilson at the 5 (which I don't believe he has tried yet this season) or use Clemence at the 5 as a pick-and-pop big (which he did try yesterday and which did work as he was completely wide open on those shots as they were helping off the screens).
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:28 AM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I personally would continue it if I was these teams. Dick is already one of the best shooters in the world and will be knocking down threes regularly in the NBA next year. If you leave him, there's about a 50% chance he's knocking down a three and that's a worse outcome defensively than any other offensive option on our team.

That said, it actually worked to our advantage yesterday. It didn't feel like it, but we scored at a decent rate. Mostly because KJ Adams was able to score efficiently on his man one-on-one off screens (who could have ever expected that a month ago?). That will not always be the case against teams with legitimate defensive bigs with size though. That's when Self always has the option to go small with Wilson at the 5 (which I don't believe he has tried yet this season) or use Clemence at the 5 as a pick-and-pop big (which he did try yesterday and which did work as he was completely wide open on those shots as they were helping off the screens).
Yeah, it’s kinda like teams dropping 7-8 in coverage and daring the Chiefs to beat them on the ground or in the short passing game. Sure, the Chiefs will still win most of the time, but you know you’re going to get burnt if you play it honestly against Mahomes and Reid.

Same thing here. Sure, KU is still going to score a lot. But you know Dick will make you pay if you don’t respect him.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:34 AM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Easily the most improved KU player, IMO.
Not even from last year. Moreso from the start of this year to now. He's developed a shit metric ton. Who do you give that credit to? Bill, the staff, or KJ? All of the above. The difference is nothing short of amazing, though.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:04 AM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The dude is making me eat my words, hard.
KJ is one of my favorites; but I just wasn't sure how a 6'7" center was going to work. But, it's been working and I love it. He's proved me way wrong this year so far.
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:55 AM 01-11-2023
Sure is great wearing my KU gear in KY after a UK loss! 🤣 🤣 🤣
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:01 PM 01-11-2023

Losses in Allen Fieldhouse since Bill Self took over as KU’s head coach:

KU: 16 losses (in 317 games)
Oklahoma: 16 losses (in 16 games) pic.twitter.com/2oMkLq8jcF

— Kansas Jayhawk Fans (@FansOfKU) January 11, 2023

[Reply]
BWillie 12:03 PM 01-11-2023
The refs almost seem to have effectively stopped calling this since the first few games of the year. There were a few times they could have possibly called this yesterday (including once when it appeared Dick flopped while defending a spin move) where they didn't.
I am very disappointed they have stopped calling it. It was one of the best rule implementations in the last 20 years.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:06 PM 01-11-2023
McCullar went down on contact attempting to draw a charge. No call.

That has to be something right? If it isn’t a block or charge, then it’s a flop.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:50 PM 01-11-2023
McCullar went down on contact attempting to draw a charge. No call.

That has to be something right? If it isn’t a block or charge, then it’s a flop.
I said the same during the game, yeah. Should have been called an offensive foul or a flop technical. One of the few times in that 2nd half the refs didn't use their whistles when they could have.

McCullar's quite good at flopping actually. Learned well at Tech.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:13 PM 01-11-2023
So I don't follow the NBA that much. I'll watch a few games after March Madness finishes up...

Is Dick going to be a good enough defender to get real playing time in the NBA? Seems like it's gotten harder to hide on defense, but like I said, I don't watch that much anymore... Or maybe with his size he will do better than I think.
[Reply]
RustShack 08:43 PM 01-11-2023
I heard there’s a storm brewing over Lawrence. Expected to hit at about 3:00pm on Saturday.
[Reply]
Page 150 of 432
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160200250 > Last »
Up