ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 150 of 185
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Hoover 01:35 PM 01-05-2023
The positives on Karlaftis are that he looks to have tightened up his tackling and reading of the run game, which frankly wasn't that good. He's also finally turning pressure into sacks. On the other hand, I don't think the improvements as a rusher are as pronounced as people are suggesting. Against Denver I thought his overall game was really solid, but he had one pressure on something like 24 pass rush snaps often against Billy Turner.

Is he improving? Sure, a little, certainly his tackling and finishing plays. Is he going to be very good? I still think so. But right now it's not any more than that.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:38 PM 01-05-2023
JJ Watt (NOT COMPARING PLAYERS) didn't really come on till late his Rookie season either. Lets hope he follows that trajectory
[Reply]
BossChief 11:28 PM 01-05-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
JJ Watt (NOT COMPARING PLAYERS) didn't really come on till late his Rookie season either. Lets hope he follows that trajectory
it’s kinda fun to see how they stack up to each other early in their respective careers.

JJ had 5.5 sacks, 30 hurries and 4 batted balls as a rookie on 776 snaps.
Karlaftis has 5.5 sacks, 33 hurries and 7 batted balls on 684 snaps and one game to go.

JJ had 3.5 sacks in the 2 playoff games he was in as a rookie…and then had 20.5 sacks in his second year.

Production wise, they match up well this early in their careers, so we can dream about that kind of explosion of production going forward, but without adding a difference making end across from him while keeping Chris Jones, that’s unlikely.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:32 PM 01-05-2023
boss post
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:36 AM 01-06-2023
Eye popping numbers, indeed... anyone still disappointed with him?
[Reply]
tredadda 12:33 PM 01-06-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I think at this point only one person is disappointed in him. I also think at this point he is trolling and purposely being obtuse. This kid has been impressive this year and has only gotten better as the season has progressed. This is even more impressive because most rookies hit a wall because of the longer schedule vs college. He hasn’t and is getting better by the week.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:49 PM 01-06-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I think at this point only one person is disappointed in him. I also think at this point he is trolling and purposely being obtuse. This kid has been impressive this year and has only gotten better as the season has progressed. This is even more impressive because most rookies hit a wall because of the longer schedule vs college. He hasn’t and is getting better by the week.
I think water polo probably requires a lot of stamina so it makes sense
[Reply]
JPH83 01:10 PM 01-06-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm not disappointed, but a lot of people seem to be suggesting he's exceeded their expectations (might be misreading them) and I don't really see that at all.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:56 PM 01-06-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I'm not disappointed, but a lot of people seem to be suggesting he's exceeded their expectations (might be misreading them) and I don't really see that at all.
He's exceeded expectations for the overwhelming majority of rookie DEs

To see how he stacks up with Watts rookie year was a serious eye opener, but if anyone expected him to come in here as a 10-15 sack, game wrecking tour de force as a rookie... they were fools
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:05 PM 01-06-2023
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I think water polo probably requires a lot of stamina so it makes sense
Swimmers tend to have very good stamina and great core strength, especially water polo players because of all the endless treading water with pretty much just their legs. One of the reasons I thought he could do well, just because he wouldn't get tired as quickly as a typical football player.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 06:20 PM 01-06-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
it’s kinda fun to see how they stack up to each other early in their respective careers.

JJ had 5.5 sacks, 30 hurries and 4 batted balls as a rookie on 776 snaps.
Karlaftis has 5.5 sacks, 33 hurries and 7 batted balls on 684 snaps and one game to go.

JJ had 3.5 sacks in the 2 playoff games he was in as a rookie…and then had 20.5 sacks in his second year.

Production wise, they match up well this early in their careers, so we can dream about that kind of explosion of production going forward, but without adding a difference making end across from him while keeping Chris Jones, that’s unlikely.
The craziest part about this whole post is that apparently the Texans played in 2 playoff games in the same season. Insane.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:25 PM 01-06-2023
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
The craziest part about this whole post is that apparently the Texans played in 2 playoff games in the same season. Insane.
I told yall,

I've been in Houston since 97' so I had him on my screen alot. (2010/11) Now he doesn't have the body of JJ, but he is strong already in his own right.

George's late season surge reminded me of JJ Watt's. Now if he goes into the playoffs and has a pick six and 2 sacks first game... I will cum my pants.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:35 PM 01-06-2023
Once BV puts another badass on the other edge, this defense is going to make this team unstoppable.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:39 PM 01-06-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Once BV puts another badass on the other edge, this defense is going to make this team unstoppable.
Speed rusher preferably.

Love the youth in the back end of the defense: Gay, Bolton, Sneed, McDuffie, Cook, Watson, Williams…a lot to be excited about. All drafted by the Chiefs too.

I’m all for extending Jones at the right price. Karlaftis appears to be another really nice piece.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:38 PM 01-06-2023
Anyone upset with GK at this point in the season is just a hater.

The last half of the season he has really been a force for the defense.

And it's exciting to think about how good he will be next year.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 150 of 185
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160 > Last »
Up