View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 150 of 343
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160200250 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:53 AM 08-01-2022

#Chiefs franchise-tagged LT Orlando Brown Jr.’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed Brown will report to camp today and play on the tag: “He wanted to be there for padded practice because that’s when leaders are developed.”

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) August 1, 2022

[Reply]
TEX 08:06 AM 08-01-2022
Originally Posted by Balto:
The point is that he will never be at Trent’s talent level no matter how many camps he shows up too. Very happy he is showing up and not holding out but that still doesn’t make him the best LT in the game.

It does how ever allow Veach to trade him now that he will have signed the tag.
:-)
Hope it does not come to that.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:18 AM 08-01-2022
Man I am disappointed that OBJ won't likely hit the same level of play as one of the best LT of this generation in the NFL.

Oh wait that's never been the expectation. Stop the stupid talk.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:20 AM 08-01-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Man I am disappointed that OBJ won't likely hit the same level of play as one of the best LT of this generation in the NFL.

I mean, part of the problem is that he expects to be paid like one.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:21 AM 08-01-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
:-)
Hope it does not come to that.
By this point, In Veach We Trust.

If he can get value for this player who if was half as good as he believes he is would be a first ballot hall of famer, I'm all for it.

The guy lied his ass off to get here and play LT. He said he wasn't worried about money, and that it would come in time.

Goes on to be extremely underwhelming on the field, then turns down an exceptionally generous offer from Veach, with an escape clause built in for us with all the guaranteed money on the first 2 years, meaning aw shucks Orlando, you're still going to have to perform to earn this money.

If we get more of the same Orlando Brown we got last year, the offer could, and should be less than the one he turned down.

If we have the opportunity to move him and recoup a pick, or talent, then I'm all for it.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:23 AM 08-01-2022

Guy wants #1 LT money, hence the expectation.

Pretty simple.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:24 AM 08-01-2022
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I mean, part of the problem is that he expects to be paid like one.
Salary cap goes up, salaries go up. This is like arguing about Mahomes deal now vs when he signed it, several QB's now make more than him. Are they better? No.

He will earn whatever payday he gets next year by his play this season. No matter who ends up giving him the $. But the expectation has never been Trent Williams or he needs to walk which is the exact attitude being put out by many posters.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:25 AM 08-01-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Guy wants #1 LT money, hence the expectation.

Pretty simple.
Salaries always go up in the NFL dude. Also he never said he wanted #1 money he said he wanted more guaranteed money.
[Reply]
SupDock 09:03 AM 08-01-2022
Salaries always go up in the NFL dude. Also he never said he wanted #1 money he said he wanted more guaranteed money.
“At least one of those agent interviews included the discussion of how to get a deal that would potentially make Brown the highest paid player at his position and get him the highest guaranteed money any tackle has gotten, the source told OutKick.”

He may not have directly said it, but it has been hinted at multiple times.
[Reply]
SupDock 09:04 AM 08-01-2022
Salary cap goes up, salaries go up. This is like arguing about Mahomes deal now vs when he signed it, several QB's now make more than him. Are they better? No.

He will earn whatever payday he gets next year by his play this season. No matter who ends up giving him the $. But the expectation has never been Trent Williams or he needs to walk which is the exact attitude being put out by many posters.
Mahomes IS the number 1 QB. That’s the difference.

I think the majority of people realized what a long-term bargain it was when he signed it
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:47 AM 08-01-2022
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Mahomes IS the number 1 QB. That’s the difference.

I think the majority of people realized what a long-term bargain it was when he signed it
Its been proven time and time again that new contracts reset the market and rarely does the #1 guy end up being the #1 paid guy for long if at all.

BTW had they thrown another guaranteed year on Brown's deal he likely signs it and he wouldn't have been the top paid LT.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 05:37 PM 08-02-2022
Its been proven time and time again that new contracts reset the market and rarely does the #1 guy end up being the #1 paid guy for long if at all.

BTW had they thrown another guaranteed year on Brown's deal he likely signs it and he wouldn't have been the top paid LT.
Why give free money to a guy that hasnt earned it?

If Brett Veach was only offering the guarantees that he was, theres a good reason.

Trying to avoid a big payday with little and diminishing returns is fine in my book.

Brown is already in the bottom third at left tackle. He hasnt earned a ****ton of money that screws us when he starts coasting.

The contract offered was completely insane based on last year, but it gave us an escape after 2 years, but also gave opportunity for the guy to make big money IF he earned it.

These fuckers today want paid upfront before the work is done.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:53 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Why give free money to a guy that hasnt earned it?

If Brett Veach was only offering the guarantees that he was, theres a good reason.

Trying to avoid a big payday with little and diminishing returns is fine in my book.

Brown is already in the bottom third at left tackle. He hasnt earned a ****ton of money that screws us when he starts coasting.

The contract offered was completely insane based on last year, but it gave us an escape after 2 years, but also gave opportunity for the guy to make big money IF he earned it.

These fuckers today want paid upfront before the work is done.
Are you high? Bottom third at LT? Completely insane based on last year?

They basically gave him a contract that was the guaranteed franchise tag over the next 2 years. Nothing more.

You're delusional if you think he's a bottom third LT at age 26 with 2 years playing that position and only 1 in the Chiefs system.

You should be furious they gave him the franchise tag if this is how you view him.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:57 PM 08-02-2022
If he balls out and plays like a stud stonewalling guys then he deserves a big payday but I just don't think he will. He's not a rookie. He is what he is.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:56 PM 08-02-2022
Apologies to OBJr.

I was skeptical that he would show up to camp at all. He showed up and appears to be lean and in good shape from all accounts. I hope I was all the way wrong and he goes off this year then gets paid.
[Reply]
Page 150 of 343
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160200250 > Last »
Up