ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 24
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars on Disney+ | Ahsoka
Tribal Warfare 07:40 AM 04-07-2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:32 PM 09-22-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I'm sure Filoni will offer them a retcon out/multiverse/alternate timeline thing they won't take no matter how awesome it would be.
The movie should end with Baylan Skoll escaping the New Republic's victory over Thrawm, taking Baby Yoda blood into the world between worlds so he can become a Sith cultist and resurrect Palpatine, who then creates the First Order.

:-)

Also, Stevenson is such a damn great actor, it's a shame he died. But I'm fairly confident they can recast that role as "wise, burly, bearded silver fox dark knight with a touch of megalomania."
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:22 PM 09-22-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Like, it's amazing what they did with this.

They managed to give us a 95% perfect live-action sequel to Rebels whilst seamlessly intermixing a live-action adaptation of the Thrawn trilogy.

And it's just the beginning.

Why the fuck did Lucasfilm EVER hire Jar Jar Abrams?
Abrams didn't do anything but tread water.

Your boy Rian Johnson is the one that fucked everything up.

And you DEFENDED him...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:30 PM 09-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Abrams didn't do anything but tread water.

Your boy Rian Johnson is the one that fucked everything up.

And you DEFENDED him...
Rian actually tried to give us something fresh and new.

But Jar Jar gonna Jar Jar.

The Colin Trevorrow script for 9 was EXCELLENT and I would have been satisfied.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:31 PM 09-22-2023
Like, it's amazing what they did with this.

They managed to give us a 95% perfect live-action sequel to Rebels whilst seamlessly intermixing a live-action adaptation of the Thrawn trilogy.

And it's just the beginning.

Why the fuck did Lucasfilm EVER hire Jar Jar Abrams?
It's name is Kathleen Kennedy who rejected Matthew Vaughn and Guillermo Del Toro's treatments for the sequel trilogy
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:25 AM 09-23-2023
The movie should end with Baylan Skoll escaping the New Republic's victory over Thrawm, taking Baby Yoda blood into the world between worlds so he can become a Sith cultist and resurrect Palpatine, who then creates the First Order.

:-)

Also, Stevenson is such a damn great actor, it's a shame he died. But I'm fairly confident they can recast that role as "wise, burly, bearded silver fox dark knight with a touch of megalomania."

Liev Schreiber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:14 AM 09-23-2023
Liev Schreiber.

I'm a fairly giant sucker for Liev Schreiber. I absolutely loved the Ray Donovan show. It is not infallable, but I think Schreiber in that role might be.

And he's a pretty good actor otherwise. He's had some bad roles that might lean one to think that he's a bad actor, but he's got a lot of range and a lot of good performances. Good call.

That being said, Stevenson is amazing in this. He's said almost nothing, but every word is really rucking good, full of nuance, character and charisma. The difference between what we're seeing and some dogshit throwaway character (eg Captain Phasma) is Stevenson's performance. At least to date, we'll see where it goes. That take may not age well, but he's been goddamned good.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:56 PM 09-23-2023
Liev Schreiber.

For sure
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:55 AM 09-24-2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:58 AM 09-24-2023
Liev Schreiber.

nailed it

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:30 AM 09-24-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That being said, Stevenson is amazing in this. He's said almost nothing, but every word is really rucking good, full of nuance, character and charisma. The difference between what we're seeing and some dogshit throwaway character (eg Captain Phasma) is Stevenson's performance. At least to date, we'll see where it goes. That take may not age well, but he's been goddamned good.
Yep, better actors really elevate the material. That's why not choosing Dicaprio or Pitt for the Anakin role was a huge mistake. Maybe they could have saved the prequels
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'm a fairly giant sucker for Liev Schreiber. I absolutely loved the Ray Donovan show. It is not infallable, but I think Schreiber in that role might be.
Agreed. He has the acting chops to pull this off. Not a flashy I'm going to kick your ass but you can see this is a dangerous person just by their persona.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:55 AM 09-25-2023
There were many, many mistakes with the way Anakin Skywalker was treated in the prequels.

Sin 1: making him 9 years old in TPM. All of those “he’s too old” storylines ring false with a kid that age, and the Anakin/Amidala age gap is weird. Had they had him just 3-4 years older, everything becomes more believable.

Sin 2: the writing in Attack of the Clones does him no services. It was bad, bad stuff even casting a more acclaimed actor like DiCaprio or Ryan Gosling as Skywalker wouldn’t have saved that.

Sin 3: Cutting Episodes 2 and 3 so that the only examples of Palpatine’s manipulation and grooming of Skywalker is limited to a grandfatherly chat and the Darth Plagueis the Wise moment.

You could like more, I’m sure. Casting may be one of them, but I actually think Christensen is a fine enough actor and physically he carried the role well.

(Also, if you want another reminder of how small the average Hollywood person is, thing about how towering and commanding he looks as Anakin , and then realize Christensen is 6’ flat. Lol).
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:12 PM 09-25-2023
Romance in Attack of the Clones is what tanked it for him, and I don't think he deserves the lions share of the blame for that. He was actually pretty okay in other parts of that movie, but holy shit was that some of the most painful 'acting' to sit through. I think he could've survived the other fuckery but that was just way too far.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:24 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
Romance in Attack of the Clones is what tanked it for him, and I don't think he deserves the lions share of the blame for that. He was actually pretty okay in other parts of that movie, but holy shit was that some of the most painful 'acting' to sit through. I think he could've survived the other fuckery but that was just way too far.
"From my point of view the Jedi are evil..."

Clunky dialogue - yes. But c'mon, look at how he stands up to McGregor there and it's just night and day. McGregor gets plenty of clunky dialogue in his own right and he still kills it.

Christensen just doesn't.

Could he have had a better offensive line? Oh sure - but does he still stare down his receivers and throw stupid balls into double coverage? Yup.

Whatever you give him, he's going to do less with it than an accomplished, quality actor. He was bad.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:27 PM 09-25-2023
Like seriously - can you not show 'hate' without just looking sleepy? His affect is just all wrong.

He's bad. I know he's been rehabbed a little by later uses of his character, but I'm not gonna get there. Hayden Christensen was just lousy.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:35 PM 09-25-2023
On a side note Jedi Prime/1st known force user apparently had dealings with Marvel's Asgardians and Hasbro's Transformers which could be shown or hinted in a project centered around him
[Reply]
Page 15 of 24
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up