ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 38
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:04 AM 09-26-2022
Hey we gave up a 1 for him so they'll pay him and keep running him out there right? That's gotta be the only reason CEH is still playing.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:04 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Colts have a lot invested in their line in money and picks, Kwity Paye killed him several times.
I mentioned this in the GDT, but he made Ngokue (or however it was spelled) look like Reggie White. For a guy who wants to make top 5 LT money with a ton guaranteed, he did a poor job showing why he deserves it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:06 AM 09-26-2022
"didn't look bad against the Chargers". Of course he didn't look bad. Reid specifically game planned to cover him and Wylie as liabilities, at the expense of a pretty significant amount of offensive potency.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:06 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’m curious what OBJ thinks of his performance and value.

I would guess that he thinks the system just doesn’t fit him, because we know he was an effective OT for Baltimore in their system. He was a mauling run blocker for them, and we can’t seem to run even with this IOL.
Unfortunately for him very few if any teams in the league run an offense like Baltimore.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:07 AM 09-26-2022
I FUCKING HATE CEH

This is the play he bounced and took a loss on
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:07 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Hey we gave up a 1 for him so they'll pay him and keep running him out there right? That's gotta be the only reason CEH is still playing.
We gave up a 2nd for him. And I don't think that matters. Veach isn't afraid to make business decisions.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:08 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Unfortunately for him very few if any teams in the league run an offense like Baltimore.
And if that's the case, you let him walk.

There's no way they can give him a contract now because he simply won't accept what he's actually worth.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:08 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
WHAT?

A 6-4 chiseled adonis that runs a 4.3 forty who's game is based on getting downfield and taking the top off a defense? You couldn't predict that'd be a good match with Mahomes?

Seemed pretty damn obvious to me.

I was pining for the guy the entire offseason. A lot of people were.

To me, it was obvious. As obvious as Mahomes was. As obvious as Pickens should've been.

But hell, what the **** do i know?

Apparently i know that sometimes you don't need to overthink shit. The people who doubted Mahomes over thought it. (Oh my god! look at his footwork! Oh my god, that'll get picked in the league!) Those who doubted Metcalf, over thought it. (Oh my gosh, did you see his cone drill? oh he can't play in this league!)
He almost had to quit football bc of a neck injury. That had a lot to do with it
[Reply]
tredadda 11:09 AM 09-26-2022
I’m curious what OBJ thinks of his performance and value.

I would guess that he thinks the system just doesn’t fit him, because we know he was an effective OT for Baltimore in their system. He was a mauling run blocker for them, and we can’t seem to run even with this IOL.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We gave up a 2nd for him. And I don't think that matters. Veach isn't afraid to make business decisions.
Exactly! The only thing that would keep Veach from making that decision is if it’s more affordable to keep him than cut him ala Clark.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:10 AM 09-26-2022
True and my point is how does this guy justify thinking he’s worth being paid like the top OT in football right now?

I understand wanting to be paid that way. Every OT wants that, but does he really think his performance commands that much money?

My thought is that if he really believes that, then he’s blaming the scheme in his head.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:11 AM 09-26-2022

There's no way they can give him a contract now because he simply won't accept what he's actually worth.
Yup. The biggest mistake KC could make is to cave in. His last contract that he was offered reflected the possibility of him improving while at the same time creating safeguards in case he did not. It goes to show a lot about what they really think of him long term.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:12 AM 09-26-2022

Idk what we are gonna do to replace him. Good LT’s are not exactly available.

Will be interesting to see
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:14 AM 09-26-2022
SOmetimes I pray Justin Ross is that guy next year
[Reply]
tredadda 11:14 AM 09-26-2022
True and my point is how does this guy justify thinking he’s worth being paid like the top OT in football right now?

I understand wanting to be paid that way. Every OT wants that, but does he really think his performance commands that much money?

My thought is that if he really believes that, then he’s blaming the scheme in his head.
Oh I agree with you. He might have thought KC was gonna cave based off of necessity. Veach doesn’t do that. He can continue to think what he wants, but just like Mathieu, he will get a large serving of humble pie when reality sets in and no team gives in to his demands.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:14 AM 09-26-2022
Not even Baltimore wants to run that offense anymore.

If he doesn't improve, he can go be the highest paid LT for a team that doesn't throw the ball. (pssst. There isn't any).

I'm an OBJ guy. I think i give him more rope than a lot of people. I even predicted the Chiefs would trade for him.

With that said, the Chiefs CANNOT pay him #1 LT money. He just aint that guy.

For as good as our OL is suppose to be....why is that i feel like these other QB's have more time in the pocket than Mahomes?

Why is it that when i watch Herbert and Allen they seem to have clean pockets to throw from?
[Reply]
Page 15 of 38
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up