ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 31
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Best National Media Tears Official Thread
staylor26 11:50 PM 01-23-2022

The NFL is the greatest league in sports because of the parity. The last team drafts first, the first team drafts last. Not allowing Josh Allen, the best player in today’s game, to touch the ball in overtime is one thing the @NFL must fix. pic.twitter.com/UqP4vE6nc0

— Emmanuel Acho (@EmmanuelAcho) January 24, 2022

[Reply]
staylor26 01:45 PM 01-24-2022
When the Chiefs lost in 2018, you didn’t see these fuckers saying that the better team and QB lost.

Fuck em all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:50 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
When the Chiefs lost in 2018, you didn’t see these fuckers saying that the better team and QB lost.

Fuck em all.
Because the media needs someone to be better than Mahomes. If there isn't then they'll be forced to concede that Mahomes might end up better than Brady for his career.

The league and media have sucked Brady's dick for to long to get off of it now. They NEED the narrative to be that nobody will ever be better than Brady and the Pats.
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:51 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Because the media needs someone to be better than Mahomes. If there isn't then they'll be forced to concede that Mahomes might end up better than Brady for his career.

The league and media have sucked Brady's dick for to long to get off of it now. They NEED the narrative to be that nobody will ever be better than Brady and the Pats.
I'd agree, but I'm already hearing that Josh Allen is the next Tom Brady.
[Reply]
cookster50 01:52 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I’m listening to Skip and Shannon. Shannon is calling skip out on the fact that he is giving Brady all kinds of excuse based on how beat up his offensive line was, When he gave Mahomes none of the same grace after the Super Bowl.
Why would you listen to that crap? Masochist?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:54 PM 01-24-2022
Leading up to the game we heard nothing but they have the number one defense. Now today it’s nothing but that was a terrible defense. No one wants to just stay consistent and say Mahomes shredded a top defense as he always does.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:55 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
OK, so lets say Reek gets a taunting penalty. Then What? Are we kicking a 50 yard extra point or kicking off from the 20? OK, fine. That didn't determine the outcome of the game. What am I missing? If anything, I think it helped the Bills out, IMO
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Taunting is a dead ball foul. You're right, it wouldn't have affected the actual TD at all.
I've heard today that since the taunt happened during the play that the penalty could have been enforced from the spot he taunted. Which would have taken his td off the board.

Based on what I read in the nfl rulebook it looks like that's possible but not likely due to taunting "at any time" being considered a dead ball penalty. But it does also say the officials can enforce it from wherever they see fit. So... idk.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:55 PM 01-24-2022

But what’s odd is that I don’t think they’d do this if it were Allen instead of Mahomes.

There’s just some really selective jealousy going on there, and it’s very strange.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:56 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Leading up to the game we heard nothing but they have the number one defense. Now today it’s nothing but that was a terrible defense. No one wants to just stay consistent and say Mahomes shredded a top defense as he always does.
That says a lot about Mahomes. He destroys narratives and then they just make new ones.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:00 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But what’s odd is that I don’t think they’d do this if it were Allen instead of Mahomes.

There’s just some really selective jealousy going on there, and it’s very strange.
It’s because most QBs don’t come in and just succeed at a level that Mahomes has. People love an underdog story. The QB who was drafted 199 that goes on to win multiple rings. The QB from Wyoming with accuracy issues that had to get better each year.

Mahomes showed up, won an MVP and has been to two Super Bowls in his first three years starting. Nobody likes that guy succeeding.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:02 PM 01-24-2022
It’s because most QBs don’t come in and just succeed at a level that Mahomes has. People love an underdog story. The QB who was drafted 199 that goes on to win multiple rings. The QB from Wyoming with accuracy issues that had to get better each year.

Mahomes showed up, won an MVP and has been to two Super Bowls in his first three years starting. Nobody likes that guy succeeding.
Good point.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:18 PM 01-24-2022
Wiley is so sad. Says Allen is clearly better and the Bills were the better team yesterday. I wonder why he won’t remind everyone how he touted their defense as being the best thereby making Mahomes’ job more difficult? Curious indeed.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:25 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Life is sooooooo good.

We've had daggers put through our hearts so many times, I don't even bother anymore.

42-36. Moving on.
Exactly. I gave up the defeatist attitude of past Chiefs teams long ago. Let the media keep talking about the greatest of Josh Allen. They can also keep talking about the fact that he’s a loser and will watch the Super Bowl from home.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 02:33 PM 01-24-2022
haters in the media should be forced to watch the Pioli era chiefs through the Ludovico technique
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:33 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The national media wasn't having a collective hissy fit after it happened to the Chiefs. Sure there was discussion but there wasn't OUTRAGE.
What the national media is really saying is they want the rules to change until they get the outcome they want. Who cares what they think?

Reading them and the Bills forums is like taking a step back into the Alex Smith era where we cared what the media thought and if we were getting “respect.”

Wins >>>>> Respect
[Reply]
gold_and_red 02:36 PM 01-24-2022
Another narrative that KC has been destroying is the SB loser curse. In recent history only the Patriots got back in 2018 after losing in 2017. Chiefs are all set to return. Sounds like an extremely well run organiztion and a mentally tough as nails team.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 31
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up