ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 40
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by Chromatic:
Did you really start a thread in the Raiders subreddit begging them to crush us this Sunday?

You're committed. Fair play I guess.

https://redd.it/56qn4z

[Reply]
RobBlake 12:18 PM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by ASS11:

lmao, you're fucking fool man hah
[Reply]
Bowser 12:19 PM 10-10-2016
I chuckled at "Reidiocrity".

But as to the rest, come on now.
[Reply]
RobBlake 12:20 PM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Do people even realize how easy of a schedule Carr has played? 4 out of games against teams with well below average pass defenses. Wait until he plays Denver x2, Bills, Chiefs x2, Texans and see where he really is...

Same story as last year, people were raving about him, then they re-looked at his games against top half pass defenses where his QBR was below 40.
that only makes sense if majority of other Qbs are having great games, leading their teams back from being down and has his team on the verge of being 5-1
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:44 PM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
that only makes sense if majority of other Qbs are having great games, leading their teams back from being down and has his team on the verge of being 5-1
Doesn't every other QB make a comeback against SD?
[Reply]
RunKC 01:54 PM 10-10-2016
Yeah I'm still pissed we passed on Carr. What makes this worse is that we were gonna draft him "but we had Alex" from what Andy said at the pro bowl.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 02:04 PM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Chiefs pass D is bad. Not sure if you noticed but they got torched last game.
And Pittsburgh's offense is TURRIBLE!
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:06 PM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
And Pittsburgh's offense is TURRIBLE!
I get it, but you can't compete with the upper echelon playing like that...
[Reply]
New World Order 04:08 PM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah I'm still pissed we passed on Carr. What makes this worse is that we were gonna draft him "but we had Alex" from what Andy said at the pro bowl.

Oh god he said that?
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 08:54 PM 10-10-2016
Even with all the talent around Carr you have to consider the team is going to be heavily dismantled when you have players moving up to veteran contracts by 2018: Carr, Donald Penn, Khalil mack, Justin Ellis, lat Murray, Gabe Jackson, Rivera. They are ****ed.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:02 PM 10-10-2016
Even with all the talent around Carr you have to consider the team is going to be heavily dismantled when you have players moving up to veteran contracts by 2018: Carr, Donald Penn, Khalil mack, Justin Ellis, lat Murray, Gabe Jackson, Rivera. They are ****ed.
The Raiders have plenty of cap room though.

The Chiefs cap situation is horrible.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:05 PM 10-10-2016
Like every team every year.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:32 PM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by ASS11:
The Raiders have plenty of cap room though.

The Chiefs cap situation is horrible.
Explain... Instead of talking out of your ass. You aren't a Chiefs fan and it's pathetic you haven't been banned by now
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:35 PM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Like every team every year.
When carr's salary increases by at least 14 fold in 2018, how exactly does EVERY team face the same predicament...??
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:36 PM 10-10-2016
Explain... Instead of talking out of your ass.
It's well documented how the Chiefs are going to have to choose between Poe and Berry going forward.

Next offseason is really bad. Currently, we have less than $300,000 in cap space for 2017.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs/

Meanwhile, the Raiders will have $42 million in cap room next season.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/oakland-raiders/

The Raiders are going to be just fine.

The Chiefs have no money and an aging QB who can't do shit.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 40
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up