ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 20
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
Halfcan 08:48 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Yeah he's not as fiery, doesn't look cool and confident like in the past. Isn't stalking the sideline firing people up. Isn't sitting with Andy and going over the offense.

Everything is just off with him this year.
:-)

Have you even been to a game this year? Mahomes has spent plenty of time firing up the crowd.

After his huge TD run against the Donks- he high-fived a fan and pumped the crowd up. I guess that does not fit your narrative. :-)
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:10 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Have you even been to a game this year? Mahomes has spent plenty of time firing up the crowd.

After his huge TD run against the Donks- he high-fived a fan and pumped the crowd up. I guess that does not fit your narrative. :-)
Yeah I've been to three games.

Browns game he hadn't started his string of poor play yet so he was still doing that stuff. Same with Chargers game.

Bills game he looked like a deer in the headlights the entire time. Like he knew he wasn't going to be able to dig us out of the whole. Been a lot of the same since then.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:16 PM 12-06-2021
Yeah I've been to three games.

Browns game he hadn't started his string of poor play yet so he was still doing that stuff. Same with Chargers game.

Bills game he looked like a deer in the headlights the entire time. Like he knew he wasn't going to be able to dig us out of the whole. Been a lot of the same since then.
So Mahomes wasn't running around the field during the rain delay- jeez he does suck-lol

As I posted- he was pumping the crowd up after his TD run. So not sure where you are going with this false narrative?
[Reply]
carcosa 08:52 PM 12-06-2021
Yeah he's not as fiery, doesn't look cool and confident like in the past. Isn't stalking the sideline firing people up. Isn't sitting with Andy and going over the offense.

Everything is just off with him this year.
You have to know that making any kind of assessment based on what someone happens to be doing during the brief moments when some TV director decides to put them on camera is just not something a serious person does, right?
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:55 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
You have to know that making any kind of assessment based on what someone happens to be doing during the brief moments when some TV director decides to put them on camera is just not something a serious person does, right?

He acts like Brock Mahomes is on suicide watch.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:53 PM 12-06-2021
Mahomes favorite sauces on his chicken tenders.

1. BBQ
2. Honey Mustard
3. Ketchup
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:42 AM 12-07-2021
Drops have been the bane of our existence. It's like Hill is in his own head now. First the dropped slant that's a td. Then next play volleyball time.

Threw himself a little tantrum after the ball got picked. Nice to know you care Hill, but just catch the fucking ball little buddy. It's not like it's your main fucking responsibility or anything.
[Reply]
Bump 01:12 AM 12-07-2021
according to this we are tied for 3rd in dropped passes (not sure if this week counts yet for this list)

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/tmle...e=NFL&rank=232

The Patriots have the least, I'm assuming a penalty on the defense is called whenever they drop a pass though
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:18 PM 12-07-2021
I hate harping on his surgical recovery, but he's not making the off balanced throws he use to in the pocket and that includes threading the needle too. Patrick scrambles and throws like vintage Mahomes but in the pocket he looks awkward. He needs to bite the bullet and learn good and fundamentally clean footwork during his setup in the pocket.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:36 PM 12-07-2021
Looking like he's the WR2. At work today I told a NE fan Pringle as good as anything in NE. Dude laughed then got pissed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:41 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Looking like he's the WR2. At work today I told a NE fan Pringle as good as anything in NE. Dude laughed then got pissed.
Nah, NE has a couple of guys I'd like to have on this squad.

Mahomes would make viable weapons out of Meyers and especially Bourne, IMO. Nelson Agholar would probably look pretty good as well as he appears to be past the drops that plagued him in Philly.

Jones has a solid little set of WRs to work with. Nobody truly good, but having 3 solidly average options is viable. "Quantity has a quality all its own..."
[Reply]
Robert California 05:59 PM 12-07-2021
Has anyone considered the fact that Tyreek only has two fingers to catch with now as opposed to a full five last year
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:38 AM 12-08-2021
I think it's been said before, with the two high safeties, they are going to get hit more often and that could be in their minds. The hits over the years don't go away, it all adds up and at some point, players have to be thinking about the next hit to their exposed ribs, back, etc. I'm not blaming anyone, the game is violent and players have injuries that they carry with them for life.

Like all of us, they aren't getting any younger...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:45 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I think it's been said before, with the two high safeties, they are going to get hit more often and that could be in their minds. The hits over the years don't go away, it all adds up and at some point, players have to be thinking about the next hit to their exposed ribs, back, etc. I'm not blaming anyone, the game is violent and players have injuries that they carry with them for life.

Like all of us, they aren't getting any younger...
It happened to the 'greatest show on turf' Rams as well.

Holt was the one I noticed it most obviously with. He was feeling guys coming and he started giving himself up after catches more and more. Bruce was just getting older and some of their tertiary guys like Hakim and Proehl were just not that good, but you could see Holt start to flinch and even Faulk wasn't playing with the abandon he previously had.

Getting hit isn't fun and it seems they're starting to think about it a bit. Kelce kinda ducking a shot on a ball that he could've maybe made a play on really stood out. Granted, it game after he got blown up on that OPI call over the middle and I think he was just out of sorts from that point forward.

Maybe that's the bigger reason to use the running game more and the biggest failing in not having a 3rd receiving option we trust - there's just less room to spread the load. You take 5 hits/gm from Hill and Kelce by giving those touches to a RB and a 3rd option over the middle and maybe they stop flinching as much.
[Reply]
O.city 08:54 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It happened to the 'greatest show on turf' Rams as well.

Holt was the one I noticed it most obviously with. He was feeling guys coming and he started giving himself up after catches more and more. Bruce was just getting older and some of their tertiary guys like Hakim and Proehl were just not that good, but you could see Holt start to flinch and even Faulk wasn't playing with the abandon he previously had.

Getting hit isn't fun and it seems they're starting to think about it a bit. Kelce kinda ducking a shot on a ball that he could've maybe made a play on really stood out. Granted, it game after he got blown up on that OPI call over the middle and I think he was just out of sorts from that point forward.

Maybe that's the bigger reason to use the running game more and the biggest failing in not having a 3rd receiving option we trust - there's just less room to spread the load. You take 5 hits/gm from Hill and Kelce by giving those touches to a RB and a 3rd option over the middle and maybe they stop flinching as much.
Man, it's just such a violent game. You realize it so much when you see it live, which you obviously do as well.

I just can't figure out what's happened to the offense. I don't much count this Denver game, they always struggle against Fangio's defense like that. So that's fine.

But there's dudes open. For big plays as well. Just not hitting it.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 20
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up