ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Nzoner's Game Room>WR Zay Jones scheduled to visit the Chiefs on Thursday [signed with Arizona]
wazu 07:56 PM 05-08-2024

Former Jaguars WR Zay Jones is scheduled to visit Thursday with the Kansas City Chiefs, per league sources.

After Jacksonville released him last week, Jones has visited the Titans, Cardinals and Cowboys - with the Chiefs on deck. pic.twitter.com/thxVqQOvL8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 9, 2024

[Reply]
BWillie 01:32 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Yeah he saw our locker room and was like nah bro

But seriously, if the Chiefs didnt sign Taj Boyd for 4.5m they arent gonna sign Jones for that.

Now it's Renfroe or bust otherwise we have to fuckin resign MVS or Hardman.
[Reply]
In58men 01:32 PM 05-10-2024
HUNTER RENFROW BRETCH VERTCH!!!!
[Reply]
ThrobProng 01:34 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:

But seriously, if the Chiefs didnt sign Taj Boyd for 4.5m they arent gonna sign Jones for that.

Now it's Renfroe or bust otherwise we have to ****in resign MVS or Hardman.
Renfroe? No need. Hardman as depth? Maybe. MVS for any reason? Fuck no.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:35 PM 05-10-2024
Well fuck.

I'm sorry but I just don't buy this "KC is preparing for at least half a season without Rice" shit then.

If they were, they easily beat this offer. Or hell, just match it. There's just no way they're sitting on $15 million in cap space for 2024 and are looking at Jones saying "Nah - we can give you the league minimum and 30 minutes in a room with Rusty Drewing..." if they really think they'll lose Rice for that long.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:36 PM 05-10-2024
If Worthy is truly blowing them away with his mental capacity and Rice is gonna be back this year, say after a 6 game susp, I don't think you have to sign another WR necessarily. Not if you use the guys you have in the right spots - Skyy exclusively in the slot, Toney in his 2022 gadget role, for example.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:39 PM 05-10-2024
Why does everyone think Rice is getting suspended THIS year? Wouldn't it happen in 2025?
[Reply]
PHOG 01:39 PM 05-10-2024
Overrated
[Reply]
shammus 01:40 PM 05-10-2024
Sucks to see guys like Zay or Boyd that could have helped us sign for so little. So, 3-4M was too much for us to want to raise the floor of our WR room?

Welp, clearly we have an interest in adding a WR for one reason or another. Otherwise, we wouldn't have even had Zay in for a visit. Anyone else out there worth taking a flyer on? Hunter Renfrow? Michael Thomas? I wouldn't mind Renfrow....he was really good earlier on in his career out of the slot, a position where Rice lines up quite a bit. He lost a lot of targets though when Waller was healthy and when the Raiders signed Davante Adams
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:40 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If Worthy is truly blowing them away with his mental capacity and Rice is gonna be back this year, say after a 6 game susp, I don't think you have to sign another WR necessarily. Not if you use the guys you have in the right spots - Skyy exclusively in the slot, Toney in his 2022 gadget role, for example.
Skyy is no better in the slot than he is anywhere else. He sucks at every level of football.

Jones knocking his worthless ass off the roster is absolutely better for the football team.

This really is strange to me.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:42 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Now it's Renfroe or bust otherwise we have to fuckin resign MVS or Hardman.
His name is fucking Tyler, why do you continue to say "Taj"?
[Reply]
BWillie 01:43 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Why does everyone think Rice is getting suspended THIS year? Wouldn't it happen in 2025?
Im a layman when it comes to suspensions in the NFL but how do we know when the suspensions take place? Why couldnt it happen at the end of the year...or the beginning of the year depending on how the case is adjudicated.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:44 PM 05-10-2024
The Chiefs heard the altercation with Rice and the reporter was merely verbal!!! (I'm guessing lol.)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:44 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well fuck.

I'm sorry but I just don't buy this "KC is preparing for at least half a season without Rice" shit then.

If they were, they easily beat this offer. Or hell, just match it. There's just no way they're sitting on $15 million in cap space for 2024 and are looking at Jones saying "Nah - we can give you the league minimum and 30 minutes in a room with Rusty Drewing..." if they really think they'll lose Rice for that long.
Exactly this.

They're either very comfortable with Moore or Toney (which is terrifying, if I'm being honest) OR confident that they can fill Rice's role with a TE in the 12 set (Gray/Wiley/Smith give them a lot of options there, and honestly I think those guys can give you what Smith-Schuster did in 2022; that big slot role is really a TE, functionally) OR confident that Rice won't miss time in 2024 (Or won't miss much).

Or some combination of those three.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:45 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
His name is fucking Tyler, why do you continue to say "Taj"?
I am a rahtard.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:46 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Do you like Justin Watson starting as WR2 week 1? Bc that’s what’s happening.

Again Hollywood and Worthy are 170 lbs. they need another size guy on the outside that can give them something.

They were interested in Tyler Boyd and now Zay Jones so it’s clearly something they feel they need.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Up