ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 256
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Baltimore (AFC Championship)
SHOWTIME 08:41 PM 01-21-2024
Headed back to the AFC Championship Game!!!! Discuss.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:45 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by RavensMania:
In the first half we weren't getting the ball out, mostly looking downfield. We adjusted in the second half to quicker throws and running more and thats when everything started to click.

Baltimore is a tough team to keep down and is a really deep team from top to bottom. Should be a good matchup all around.
Glad you stopped by - we play rough here, but road fans are welcome and if you're respectful it's a fun place.
[Reply]
Kman34 08:46 AM 01-22-2024
Drue may be a key to this game.. He played well in the second half.. We seemed to play the run better in the 4th quarter..
As for their defense.. We’ve seen Patrick and Andy put clown shoes on top defenses before.. If we can score 24-27 points again I think we will have a chance..
[Reply]
wachashi 08:46 AM 01-22-2024
Is Vegas undervaluing Playoff Mahomes?

Last four playoff games:

- Bengals at Chiefs (-1.5): Final Score: 27-24 Chiefs
- Eagles (-1.5) vs Chiefs: Final Score: 38-35 Chiefs
- Dolphins at Chiefs (-4.5): Final Score: 26-7 Chiefs
- Chiefs at Bills (-3): Final Score: 27-24 Chiefs
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:03 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
The fact it's being hosted in Baltimore and San Fran made it easy to chose which would be early and late games. EST vs PST
No, it's rotated every year regardless of West Coast or East Coast.
[Reply]
wachashi 09:05 AM 01-22-2024
With Thuney out, our offensive line will have their hands full with DT Justin Madubuike. He's had a breakout year with 13 sacks on the season.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:07 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by wachashi:

Last four playoff games:

It's my understanding those are based on public perception, not what Vegas thinks... or in other words, if the Chiefs had been favored by 2.5 last night, all the money would have been on the Bills due to public perception, so the line is set to offset that some.

And yeah, the public will always undervalue due to media bullshit and overvaluing the regular season... and frankly, their bias against wanting the same teams to win every year.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:09 AM 01-22-2024
The pressure is on the Ravens.

I like it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:09 AM 01-22-2024
Chiefs will have to bring their A game, for sure.

Hamilton is a great matchup against Kelce. The Ravens have 2 great LB who can run and do everything. Really lined up well on D to limit KC.

I think KC's defense matches up pretty well against Baltimore, with the ability to play McDuffie on Flowers and Sneed on Beckham, plus Spagnuolo usually having a good plan that slows Jackson down.

Looking forward to it, for sure. With a great deal more nervousness than Buffalo.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:10 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by wachashi:

Last four playoff games:

If Vegas gives you Mahomes and points you take it. Every time.

I believe they said Mahomes is 10-1 vs the spread as a dog.

ALL HE DOES IS PLAY ON THE SHIP!
[Reply]
Rausch 09:12 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

I think KC's defense matches up pretty well against Baltimore, with the ability to play McDuffie on Flowers and Sneed on Beckham, plus Spagnuolo usually having a good plan that slows Jackson down.

Looking forward to it, for sure. With a great deal more nervousness than Buffalo.
KC's D matches up great with the Ravens offense. The only thing that worries me is not having Gay to spy Jackson. That could become an issue on 3rd downs.

I think the Chiefs offense actually has the more difficult hill to climb but we have playoff Mahomes so, meh, we're good...
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:15 AM 01-22-2024
Chiefs will have to bring their A game, for sure.

Hamilton is a great matchup against Kelce. The Ravens have 2 great LB who can run and do everything. Really lined up well on D to limit KC.

It’s weird. I’m not nervous about this game because I feel like we’re playing with house money at this point. We got over the “BUH, BUH, BUH PATRICK MAHOMES HAS NEVER PLAYED AND WON A TRUE ROAD GAME!!!!!” bs. No one, other than Chiefs fans, had the Chiefs playing in the AFC CG before the Playoffs started. I think we are going to play loose and let Pat do his thing on O. I also have full confidence that Spags will have a great game plan set up for the D. This is a sit back and enjoy the moment game for me :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:24 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
It’s weird. I’m not nervous about this game because I feel like we’re playing with house money at this point. We got over the “BUH, BUH, BUH PATRICK MAHOMES HAS NEVER PLAYED AND WON A TRUE ROAD GAME!!!!!” bs. No one, other than Chiefs fans, had the Chiefs playing in the AFC CG before the Playoffs started. I think we are going to play loose and let Pat do his thing on O. I also have full confidence that Spags will have a great game plan set up for the D. This is a sit back and enjoy the moment game for me :-)
Yeah, part of me says there's now Jackson, Purdy, and Goff, so it would suck a little not to repeat at this point with this defense and clearly the best QB remaining... but, obviously every team could say that right now.

It's the Ravens' best shot not needing to play multiples of Mahomes/Allen/Burrow this year (and Stroud as a rookie on that sad team around him). It's the 49ers' best shot in a terribly weak NFC, it's the Lions' best shot in 100 years only needing to beat 3 10+ win teams all season.

But yeah, at worst Mahomes would be 3-3 in AFCCGs or potentially 2-2 in Super Bowls, which is to be expected at that level, and they kept the AFCCG streak alive and beat their biggest rival at their place in another all time classic..... life is good.
[Reply]
wachashi 09:24 AM 01-22-2024

I'm not sure what matchup against this Ravens defense we would hope to exploit. They are very tough in the middle of the field with Hamilton and those linebackers. We will have to test the boundaries a bit more.
[Reply]
Calcountry 09:28 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by Coach:
Home field is usually 3 points, right?
Yes
[Reply]
Calcountry 09:29 AM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Can't believe we will now be in our 6th straight AFCCG. Just nuts and never thought I would see this ever.
I remember how giddy I felt when Joe Montana took us to the first one in my lifetime
[Reply]
Page 15 of 256
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up