ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 30
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
Mr. Laz 10:14 PM 04-01-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
you should look at tom brady's college stats :-)
Tom Brady sat his 1st year in the NFL, which is what the topic was about.

Tom brady is also a HOF 6th round pick

Brady is an exception to a lot of things.
[Reply]
Nickhead 10:47 PM 04-01-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
Tom Brady sat his 1st year in the NFL, which is what the topic was about.

Tom brady is also a HOF 6th round pick

Brady is an exception to a lot of things.
just fuckin with ya :-)

if any team pulls the trigger in round one, its a huge gamble, regardless of whom it is.

maybe they should force teams in the draft, to wait till the second round to draft a qb. :-)
[Reply]
Jerok 08:27 PM 04-01-2017
Let's let the QB learn from Alex so he can learn the proper way to check and dink.
[Reply]
Nickhead 08:33 PM 04-01-2017
Originally Posted by PHOG:
No, do not let him learn from Alex, please.
Originally Posted by Jerok:
Let's let the QB learn from Alex so he can learn the proper way to check and dink.
i didn't want to be the first to point this out :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:24 PM 04-01-2017
Can't seem to find the original source this is referring to. Obviously a lot of people heard/saw it, because they're all getting the same impression out of it:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139966
[Reply]
ChiefGator 10:19 AM 04-02-2017
You learn from vet QBs in the QB room, when they look over every throw (and non-throw) from the previous game or practice.
[Reply]
nychief 10:38 AM 04-02-2017
We are going to have to trade up for Qb in rnd one, we aren't going to do that. We'll take BPA or trade down. I think we'll get a QB but not in round one.
[Reply]
oldman 11:26 AM 04-02-2017
I'm still not sold on any of these guys being true 1st rounders, let alone top 5. Other than Trubisky, Mahomes is the only one that I'd take in the first. I could go with Webb or Kaaya in the 2nd.
Bottom line is none of theses guys are ready to start in 2017, so Smith has to be the QB this year. If Bray or whichever one we pick isn't ready next year, cut one of two and draft a QB again.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:03 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by oldman:
I'm still not sold on any of these guys being true 1st rounders, let alone top 5. Other than Trubisky, Mahomes is the only one that I'd take in the first. I could go with Webb or Kaaya in the 2nd.
Bottom line is none of theses guys are ready to start in 2017, so Smith has to be the QB this year. If Bray or whichever one we pick isn't ready next year, cut one of two and draft a QB again.
Not one of these guys is ready to start. You are correct, but supply/demand will be in effect for this draft. Many teams like the potential of this class, and the buzz seems to indicate that several franchises are indeed looking for replacements for aging veterans. Cardinals, Steelers, Giants and Chiefs come to mind. This is on top of teams with immediate needs like the Jets, Browns, 49ers, Texans and Bears.

Most of these kids don't have 1st round talent, but a watered-down qb driven league says more and more teams will be getting in line to take a chance on potential.

I think the top 4 (Watson, Trubisky, Mahomes and Kizer) all go in round 1.
[Reply]
RustShack 01:41 PM 04-02-2017
It's not the vets job to take him under his wing, it's the young QB's job to follow him around, pay attention to what he does, and ask him questions.

But it's more so the QB coaches job to coach him. Even better when you have an OC and HC all also good with QB's.
[Reply]
RustShack 01:42 PM 04-02-2017
Ive been saying it all year, KC needs to get Mahomes.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 03:21 PM 04-02-2017
I really think KC will have to move up to get a QB. Teams that want one know KC is in the market. Teams always do it to KC. KC has the ammo to. I really hope they do it.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 03:35 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
I really think KC will have to move up to get a QB. Teams that want one know KC is in the market. Teams always do it to KC. KC has the ammo to. I really hope they do it.
Buffalo only has 6 picks this year and Indy has 7.

Dorsey and Reid should make proposals with Ballard for their first round pick. Ballard would arguably like to have more picks in his maiden voyage to the draft. He is on record as stating the Colts need to become younger and faster.

Maybe Andy can sweet talk his good buddy Sean McDermott in Buffalo to acquire more pics as well by making an offer for that number 10 pick and get ahead of Cleveland and arguably have what I would think would be a swing at the quarterback they would want or at least the second guy on their board at QB if they go that route.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 03:53 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:

Dorsey and Reid should make proposals with Ballard for their first round pick. Ballard would arguably like to have more picks in his maiden voyage to the draft. He is on record as stating the Colts need to become younger and faster.

Maybe Andy can sweet talk his good buddy Sean McDermott in Buffalo to acquire more pics as well by making an offer for that number 10 pick and get ahead of Cleveland and arguably have what I would think would be a swing at the quarterback they would want or at least the second guy on their board at QB if they go that route.
Meh. I like some of these qbs a lot. But none are worth moving up the the 10 spot. You're talking about giving up a first next year for that type of move. Late teens would be max on how high we'd move up
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 05:20 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:

They could be a target. He's going to have to leap frog someone.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 30
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up