ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 149 of 270
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199249 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:52 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Why do we need another high pick? I don't really think it's a must.
I'm gonna go with yea...unless you wanna push all in that there will be no injuries or declines.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:52 AM 03-23-2023
Why do we need another high pick? I don't really think it's a must.
It's not a must short term.

But it would be nice to draft a guy that compliments Toney and Skyy so you can have your WR trio on rookie deals for the next few years.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:52 AM 03-23-2023
According to league circles the following teams look to be in the hunt for DeAndre Hopkins:

Houston Oilers, Oakland Raiders, He Hate Me's Las Vegas Outlaws, Toledo Maroons and the Los Angeles Lakers
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:53 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
MVS, Toney and Moore will be more than capable if:

MVS and Mahomes get more on the same page.
Toney stays relatively healthy.
Moore shows why they drafted him in the 2nd round.

It’s that fucking simple. Add another high pick and a depth piece and I think we’ll be okay. Or add Davis and another draft pick.
There's a qualifier here: so long as Kelce stays healthy. But that's a given, so maybe doesn't need mentioning.
[Reply]
Christian & Barry 11:53 AM 03-23-2023
It’s pretty obvious that we are tanking the ‘23 season.
[Reply]
Wallymo 11:53 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Spent all last season telling me how amazing Skyy Moore is and now ya'll so worried about him starting?
I'm not scared. The first year in Andy's playbook is tough. I think Skyy will take a big step forward this year.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:54 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Most people here thought Skyy could do Juju’s job. And for all of his faults, he was actually pretty good in the Chargers game when Juju was out.

I don’t see a problem there.

I am starting to wonder if Veach is strongly considering a play for a WR at 31. If you look at the DL it does appear to be better than last year already.

Omenihu>Clark, Jones is Jones, Danna in a contract year and had 5 sacks (many pressures too) in only 13 games, Karlaftis year 2 and Turk as rotational depth.

Perhaps they are thinking the depth of the class can net them a quality starter at 63 while addressing WR?

This time of year is so uncertain but I really could see them doing this. Maybe that guy is Jalin Hyatt?
If you want a guy who can start now, Addison is the most ready.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:54 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
There's a qualifier here: so long as Kelce stays healthy. But that's a given, so maybe doesn't need mentioning.
Well yeah but if Kelce gets hurt…we’re fucked anyways and guys would have to step up.
[Reply]
O.city 11:54 AM 03-23-2023
Next years WR class is really good.....maybe wait
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:55 AM 03-23-2023
I'd certainly hope the Chiefs are operating under the assumption Toney is missing at least half the season and are operating accordingly.
[Reply]
Balto 11:55 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It matters in that expecting a 34 year old TE to remain an all world player for your offense to work is risky as ****.
At some point you will be correct but he showed no sign of slowing down this past season so why couldn't he keep that up for this coming season?

It's not like Veach can't go get another target mid year or even next offseason.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:55 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That's not a plan. I'm not talking about the Chiefs plan. I'm talking about the discussion about our current top 2 weapons.

JFC man you're just all over the place and being completely illogical.
What do you mean it's not a plan? You just fucking flipped your shit over "Toney is your WR1"

Followed by, "I won't worry about him being hurt until he's hurt" - You say this about a guy who's always hurt.

And you wanna talk about Illogical?

Illogical is hard staning for a WR all year and then throwing a fit when someone says it's time for him to start.

THAT'S illogical.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:57 AM 03-23-2023
I like Toney. I like Toney a lot. I was excited about him back in OTA's when rumors where swirling that the Giants were out on him.

I like him SO MUCH that i want to see him stay healthy all year.

How do you do that? Certainly not by feeding him 80% of the snaps.

You know who CAN absorb a work load like that? The guy we spent a 2nd round pick on last season....
[Reply]
O.city 11:57 AM 03-23-2023
So let me conspiracy theory here a bit.

The Bills being leaked here sounds alot like the Cardinals trying to drive the Chiefs price up a bit.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:57 AM 03-23-2023
Next years WR class is really good.....maybe wait
Then you got a double problem because MVS is getting cut after this year so that's another WR hole.
[Reply]
Page 149 of 270
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199249 > Last »
Up