ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 149 of 469
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199249 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 12:49 PM 06-12-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Came across a Royals-related snippet in a fantasy baseball column I was reading on fangraphs:
His internet history has anal as a search.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:54 PM 06-12-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
His internet history has anal as a search.
You forget to turn on incognito mode one time and this is what happens.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:06 PM 06-12-2022
Pitching is the currency of baseball (gives up 10)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:53 PM 06-12-2022
Gavin Cross would be my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:34 PM 06-12-2022

Retweet if you think Vinnie Pasquantino is good at baseball

— Omaha Storm Chasers (@OMAStormChasers) June 13, 2022

[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 09:40 PM 06-12-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I've never even seen the man play,but by chance can he pull a Shohei and pitch also ?
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:07 PM 06-12-2022
How far of a drive is it from KC to Omaha anyway? Isn't that a fairly short drive? Why would anyone watch the AAA team in KC if they could drive over to Omaha and see the organization's premier talent?

This has been a problem for the Twins. Their minor league team is just across the river over in St. Paul. Some say it was the reason they called up Royce Lewis and Jose Miranda, cause people were crossing the bridge and seeing better players for a third of the cost. Could the same issue develop with the Royals/Storm Chasers?

How far of a drive we talkin about here?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:17 PM 06-12-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
How far of a drive is it from KC to Omaha anyway? Isn't that a fairly short drive? Why would anyone watch the AAA team in KC if they could drive over to Omaha and see the organization's premier talent?

This has been a problem for the Twins. Their minor league team is just across the river over in St. Paul. Some say it was the reason they called up Royce Lewis and Jose Miranda, cause people were crossing the bridge and seeing better players for a third of the cost. Could the same issue develop with the Royals/Storm Chasers?

How far of a drive we talkin about here?
about 3 hours
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:26 PM 06-12-2022
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
about 3 hours
Yeah that wouldn't quite work these days, what a shame. Also a shame: I once had an internet girlfriend when I was 18 that I first started chatting with when I was 13 (she was same age). She went to Kansas State, I went to Oregon State. When Oregon State made the college world series in 2005, she floated the idea that if I went out there to see the Beavers, she would drive up and we would meet IRL. That was before meeting people online was really normal, and I was young and it felt weird so although I did go to Omaha, I didn't meet up with her. I figured we'd have another chance if we're that romantic.

Then she got married the next year. I didn't realize how midwestern chicks are so hardcore about getting married and having kids at such a young age like that. It became one of my great regrets in life, cause we had a lot in common man, including the Chiefs.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:04 PM 06-13-2022
Roster Moves Coming

The current Royals roster is likely not going to stay intact for a whole lot longer. Cam Gallagher started his rehab assignment about two weeks ago while Amir Garrett joined him in Omaha on Wednesday (and then was brought back to the big leagues yesterday). Edward Olivares and Zack Greinke joined them this weekend as well. It won’t all happen at once, but I have a hard time thinking any of them won’t be joining the big league club when they’re ready to go. Add to that the fact that the newest date for the 13-pitcher maximum on the big league roster should go into effect after this upcoming weekend and we know we’ll see some differences. We already saw Collin Snider get sent down after being absolutely brutal since his great start to the year, but the question now is what’s next for this team?

Garrett’s return sent Angel Zerpa back to Northwest Arkansas, which isn’t that big of a surprise, but the relievers who didn’t get sent down for him can’t feel like they’re safe. For one thing, that roster rule is going to cause someone to get sent out soon if the league actually sticks to it. For another, Matt Peacock and Gabe Speier both are on the Covid-IL and will likely be ready to go for a couple of rehab outings themselves soon. Peacock might just head back to AAA, but Speier had been solid in the big leagues when healthy, so he’s going to take someone’s spot. Does Albert Abreu get put through the DFA ringer again? Maybe it’s Arodys Vizcaino who has walked five and struck out three. Or maybe Taylor Clarke gets the boot (don’t count on that even if he’s fallen off big time). But something is coming there.

Olivares was hitting leadoff for this team when he got hurt and was playing every day. I hope that they would insert him back into the lineup regularly. This may seem a little odd, but I’m not sure what that means for Nicky Lopez. If they move Whit Merrifield back to second base full time, I could see them sending Lopez back down to AAA because of a pure numbers game (and the fact that Lopez is struggling so much). I don’t think I would have expected that Lopez would be a big league roster casualty for Olivares when the season started, but here we are. And then with Greinke, the question is who leaves the rotation? We know Brad Keller and Brady Singer are staying, if healthy. Kris Bubic hasn’t been great, but also hasn’t been terrible. Heasley had just been okay before he was dominant this weekend. Lynch, though, has been pretty bad over his last few starts in spite of some good beginnings here and there. Those last three might be competing for two spots, so that’ll be pretty interesting to watch during Greinke’s two or three rehab starts he’ll get. I guess I’m assuming it’ll be more than one start at least because if it’s not, I don’t know how Lynch keeps his roster spot at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:04 PM 06-13-2022
Royals facing Alex Wood. He is someone I wanted them to sign. Also playing against Joc Pederson, another one I wanted them to sign.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:38 PM 06-13-2022
The dreaded Cal Eldred mound visit. Let's see how this goes.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:43 PM 06-13-2022
Two straight runs walked in after the Eldred mound visit. Like magic.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:44 PM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Two straight runs walked in after the Eldred mound visit. Like magic.
I thought you liked skunkhead
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:05 PM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I thought you liked skunkhead
Major league coaching staff more of a problem than front office
[Reply]
Page 149 of 469
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199249 > Last »
Up