ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 149 of 185
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Chief3188 05:05 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
And you also have said outside of Chtis Jones the Chiefs oassrush has been awful, and Karlaftis is part of said awful passrush.
So funny story, I had accidentally clicked on an old post of mine from about 10 years ago and low and behold there you were with another great claim. You had stated that soon... very soon the NFL was going to be reducing games and there would be less teams due to consolidation.

Just thought I would share that for the people that don't know what a tragically dumb fucking idiot you are. K thanks..byeee
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:28 PM 01-03-2023
right now it's looking like karlaftis is going to be a major force in the playoffs
[Reply]
New World Order 05:32 PM 01-03-2023
As Clayster said, this guy looks like he is missing a chromosome.

He's like the killer in Hatchet, or the weird looking guy in Goonies
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 07:05 PM 01-03-2023
Dude puts on 10-15 pounds this off-season with the experience gained I think it sets him up for a good year next year. Plus I’m excited to see this streak continue into the playoffs. It’s basically been like adding a new talent the last 6 weeks of the season.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:08 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
As Clayster said, this guy looks like he is missing a chromosome.

He's like the killer in Hatchet, or the weird looking guy in Goonies
Playing against Clark, Jones and Karlaftis on the same line is going to be terrifying in the postseason.

Three stone-cold killers looking for blood, and Saunders trying to get paid on top of it. :-)
[Reply]
Bump 07:15 PM 01-03-2023
this guy started off good, but wasn't getting the sack stats but was close and making other types of plays at least. He's evolving! I have really good feeling about our defense in the upcoming 2 seasons. It seems like we have a very high number of rookies starting or getting significant play time, the next 2 seasons expect most of them to take it to another level. This D could end up being dominant, especially while we still have Bolton and Gay and I do hope we keep Sneed but who knows what's gonna happen. There's a lot to be excited about though.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:15 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
right now it's looking like karlaftis is going to be a major force in the playoffs
:-)

I hope you are right!
[Reply]
BossChief 10:15 PM 01-03-2023
Once he tightens his arch and eliminates a half step in his speed rush, his sack totals with jump. He runs himself out of plays at times still and tightening that arch will help his pass rush finishing as well as his run defense.

He’s going to be a fun player to watch as he develops more brute strength moves and learns to utilize speed to power better.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:01 PM 01-04-2023
baller

Karlaftis is heating up in getting to the quarterback, but these are the types of plays the Chiefs are going to need in the playoffs.

He pushes the RT back which causes the running back to divert his path, then disengages and makes the tackle after a short gain. pic.twitter.com/ZR2JwUmFfW

— Zack Eisen (@zackeisen21) January 5, 2023

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:04 PM 01-04-2023
baller

Damnit Karl :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:41 PM 01-04-2023
baller

Chief Fans aren't sure how to evaluate that rep, given that it didn't result in a sack. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:45 PM 01-04-2023
George has been stacking some numbers, and he's looked better overall lately, but it's been awhile since KC has played against a really good team. It'll be interesting to see how he does in the playoffs, when all the teams are good. I'm hoping he has a good playoff run. We're probably going to need it.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:30 PM 01-04-2023
Playing against Clark, Jones and Karlaftis on the same line is going to be terrifying in the postseason.

Three stone-cold killers looking for blood, and Saunders trying to get paid on top of it. :-)
Dana is sneaky good rushing from the interior as well. Him and Frank have that stunt move down.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:39 AM 01-05-2023
The positives on Karlaftis are that he looks to have tightened up his tackling and reading of the run game, which frankly wasn't that good. He's also finally turning pressure into sacks. On the other hand, I don't think the improvements as a rusher are as pronounced as people are suggesting. Against Denver I thought his overall game was really solid, but he had one pressure on something like 24 pass rush snaps often against Billy Turner.

Is he improving? Sure, a little, certainly his tackling and finishing plays. Is he going to be very good? I still think so. But right now it's not any more than that.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:44 AM 01-05-2023
The positives on Karlaftis are that he looks to have tightened up his tackling and reading of the run game, which frankly wasn't that good. He's also finally turning pressure into sacks. On the other hand, I don't think the improvements as a rusher are as pronounced as people are suggesting. Against Denver I thought his overall game was really solid, but he had one pressure on something like 24 pass rush snaps often against Billy Turner.

Is he improving? Sure, a little, certainly his tackling and finishing plays. Is he going to be very good? I still think so. But right now it's not any more than that.
[Reply]
Page 149 of 185
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159 > Last »
Up