View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 148 of 343
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
poolboy 08:12 PM 07-27-2022
Maybe Sky can run the ball at times...he has got the build for it...
[Reply]
BossChief 09:53 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Maybe Sky can run the ball at times...he has got the build for it...
He was a running back in high school. He said in an interview he didn’t even know he would be a WR in college till he got to practice.

I don’t think we need that, though.

McKinnon
CEH
Jones
Gore

That’s plenty of talent for an Andy Reid backfield.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:50 AM 07-28-2022
A lot of these NFL players were RBs and QBs in high school.

Unless they were in a particularly good program, there really aren't any other positions where a man among boys could have such a great impact.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:07 AM 07-28-2022

Chiefs are about to begin camp practice No. 2. Everybody is present and accounted for except Orlando Brown. pic.twitter.com/OrVY4ZlpKe

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) July 28, 2022

[Reply]
Eleazar 09:13 AM 07-28-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
A lot of these NFL players were RBs and QBs in high school.

Unless they were in a particularly good program, there really aren't any other positions where a man among boys could have such a great impact.
The down side of that is that they just beat people with their athleticism at the high school and college levels and don't really learn to play their position in the way you have to at the professional level. You can't play the game that way at the NFL level unless you're a once in a generation athlete.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:26 AM 07-28-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
The down side of that is that they just beat people with their athleticism at the high school and college levels and don't really learn to play their position in the way you have to at the professional level. You can't play the game that way at the NFL level unless you're a once in a generation athlete.

Yep, it’s an issue for a lot of guys. You can’t coast by on size, raw athleticism and natural talent when everyone around you is just as big, strong and fast as you are.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:55 AM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
They didn't low ball him. They offered him around a top 5 LT contract, but he thought he should have been offered a #1 LT contract. Which he has every right to do.
Based on what?

A 74.4 pass block grade?

Ranked 27th in sacks allowed?

You will literally pay top market for anything, wont you dilphag9?

Lmmfgdao. How sweet is the irony that many of your posts call people idiots and reeruns, while you crank out single digit iq posts like this on the regular.

First playoff invisible Jones should be highest paid defender in the league, and now a 300+ pound wad of chewed bubblegum that gets beat like hes standiing still has EVERY RIGHT to ask for #1 LT money?

Take your head out of your ass. It may require a herd of Clydesdales to wrench it free from the death grip of your anus, but you seriously need oxygen to what little functioning part of your brain remains.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:56 PM 07-31-2022
Brown is missing a lot right now. Camp is going strong and he is not part of it. Sounds like his replacement is filling in nicely.

This is a bad look for Brown and his "brand", whatever that is.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:20 PM 07-31-2022
The hell with him. I hope he never signs and sits out.
[Reply]
wazu 01:23 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Yeah let’s have Wylie protecting the blindside of Mahomes all year. Sounds awesome.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:39 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yeah let’s have Wylie protecting the blindside of Mahomes all year. Sounds awesome.
Doubtful. I don't see Reid revisiting that catastrophe.

They signed Geron Christian because he's started games at both tackle spots. In his last year in Washington, he won the starting job at LT, played well through 7 games, then got injured and was out the remainder of the season. He went on to sign with Houston and played well as a swing tackle. He was a really solid pickup. I'd say, he's option A.

After that, I'd guess Reid would opt to move Thuney out there and he's shown he can play the position when called upon. He started quite a few games in college at LT too, so it's not like it was some fluke thing last year against Cincy.

I'd say Prince Winnebago or whatever his name is will probably be the next option.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:40 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Doubtful. I don't see Reid revisiting that catastrophe.

They signed Geron Christian because he's started games at both tackle spots. In his last year in Washington, he won the starting job, played well through 7 games, then got injured and was out the remainder of the season. He went on to sign with Houston and played well as a swing tackle. He was a really solid pickup. I'd say, he's option A.

After that, I'd guess Reid would opt to move Thuney out there and he's shown he can play the position when called upon. He started quite a few games in college at LT too, so it's not like it was some fluke thing last year against Cincy.

I'd say Prince Winnebago or whatever his name is will probably be the next option.
Don't forget Roderick Johnson (or maybe you have on purpose, lol).
[Reply]
kccrow 01:48 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Don't forget Roderick Johnson (or maybe you have on purpose, lol).
Mehby.

He'd be in that last bucket for me but you never know what the coaches might see. Maybe he's finally turned a corner. Mostly a career PS guy to this point, not as many meaningful snaps as Christian but guys do develop late sometimes.

He's been in the league like 4 years now, so not quite like Wylie who bounced a few places in year one and then got pushed into a starting guard job in year 2. So, I'm not going to hold my breath.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:05 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He'll likely sign shortly before week 1, play his ass off all year, and get traded before the draft held in KC where we have 302 draft picks.
[Reply]
GROB 04:09 PM 07-31-2022
I hope you guys sign him long term. He will blow up like a hog headed for slaughter once he gets paid.
[Reply]
Page 148 of 343
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Up