ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 270
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197247 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:33 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It's not a fucking opinion. It's what he's hearing from the Chiefs.

JFC
It doesn't matter if he heard that or not :-)

HE

CANT

STAY

HEALTHY

It wouldn't matter if they thought he was freakin' football Jesus if can't stay on the field.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:34 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I wasn't telling you last season that he was awesome.
No, you weren't.

But most of CP was.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:34 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I wasn't telling you last season that he was awesome.
His vag is extra sandy right now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:35 AM 03-23-2023
If Hopkins doesn't get traded here...it's not the end of the world. It's the same thing for OBJ.

But if they decide to go the CB route from last year, there are going to be some fucking growing pains and a lot of crossing fingers. Not saying it's the wrong road to take by any means either.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:36 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Right.

Moving on.

Not sure why all of a sudden saying Moore is your starter ( i mean he was drafter in the 2nd round for a reason) has all of a sudden got so many Chiefs fans scared.

Spent all last season telling me how amazing Skyy Moore is and now ya'll so worried about him starting?

Fucking can't win with some of ya'll.

[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:37 AM 03-23-2023
CP and Staylor all of last season:

"NO TOX, YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT SKYY MOORE, YOU'LL SEE"

....1 year later, me: "Welp, it's time to start Skyy Moore"

Ya'll: "NO TOX, YOU'RE WRONG! WE'RE NOT GONNA START SKYY MOORE!"

I Give Up Steve Harvey GIFfrom I Give Up GIFs

[Reply]
staylor26 11:37 AM 03-23-2023
It doesn't matter if he heard that or not :-)

HE

CANT

STAY

HEALTHY

It wouldn't matter if they thought he was freakin' football Jesus if can't stay on the field.
That's another argument. I have no problem with concerns about Toney's health. I'm also not going to assume he's done for the season before it even starts.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:38 AM 03-23-2023
CP and Staylor all of last season:

"NO TOX, YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT SKYY MOORE, YOU'LL SEE"

....1 year later, me: "Welp, it's time to start Skyy Moore"

Ya'll: "NO TOX, YOU'RE WRONG! WE'RE NOT GONNA START SKYY MOORE!"

That's not what I fucking said.

I said that Kelce and Toney are our top 2 playmakers today, not MVS and Moore.

If you went 3 deep and said Kelce Toney Moore, you'd have no argument from me.

Why are you being such a disingenuous shit bag?
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 11:40 AM 03-23-2023
Maybe they were telling the truth the whole time about the WR room next year. Kelce even backed that belief a bit on New Heights when they were discussing DHop and OBJ.

It’s risky but they have a plan and are sticking to it. They drafted Moore to play him, they may have had an off the charts opinion on Toney coming into the draft since he is the ideal receiver for this offense. MVS does MVS stuff. Throw in Kelce, Gray, and Fortson and you have a lot of options and personnel groups still.

All they have to do is replace JuJu, you can do that a lot of different ways than just DHop and OBJ.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:41 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No, he's not right. He's being a disingenuous dick.

I have no problem with somebody said that Moore is likely going to be your 3rd option, because that's actually accurate.

The problem is saying that MVS and Moore are your top 2 "playmakers".
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:42 AM 03-23-2023
That's not what I fuckin said.

I said that Kelce and Toney are our top 2 playmakers, not MVS and Moore.

Why are you being such a disingenuous shit bag?
Dude, SOMEONE has to start. It aint gonna be Toney.

We are discussing our STARTING WR's. Not our starting TE. As of today, even with rookies drafted, Moore will be penciled in as starter come TC.

Now maybe a rookie takes that spot, but Moore will have seniority at the start of TC.

This aint that hard. And no idea why it's causing you to get your panties in a wad.

This is YOUR guy! You should be thrilled! Gonna show us all and make everyone eat crow and all that, remember?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:43 AM 03-23-2023
No, he's not right. He's being a disingenuous dick.

I have no problem with somebody said that Moore is likely going to be your 3rd option, because that's actually accurate.

The problem is saying that MVS and Moore are your top 2 "playmakers".
3rd Option? He's going to be your fucking starting WR!

Yes, Moore and MVS are your top two play makers at WR.

That's just a fact, dude. And you should be thrilled about it, not arguing with me about it!
[Reply]
staylor26 11:43 AM 03-23-2023

We are discussing our STARTING WR's. Not our starting TE. As of today, even with rookies drafted, Moore will be penciled in as starter come TC.

Now maybe a rookie takes that spot, but Moore will have seniority at the start of TC.

This aint that hard. And no idea why it's causing you to get your panties in a wad.

This is YOUR guy! You should be thrilled! Gonna show us all and make everyone eat crow and all that, remember?
So we're back to denying the REPORT from the very reliable and plugged in James Palmer that the Chiefs view Toney as their WR1 as it stands right now.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:44 AM 03-23-2023

If healthy Toney is WR#1. You have a weird take on the guy.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:45 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:
Maybe they were telling the truth the whole time about the WR room next year. Kelce even backed that belief a bit on New Heights when they were discussing DHop and OBJ.

It’s risky but they have a plan and are sticking to it. They drafted Moore to play him, they may have had an off the charts opinion on Toney coming into the draft since he is the ideal receiver for this offense. MVS does MVS stuff. Throw in Kelce, Gray, and Fortson and you have a lot of options and personnel groups still.

All they have to do is replace JuJu, you can do that a lot of different ways than just DHop and OBJ.
Right. And Moore will be replacing JuJu. Moore's strength is supposed to be exactly what JuJu brought to the table last year, sans the size and back shoulder throw stuff.

On to the draft!
[Reply]
Page 147 of 270
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197247 > Last »
Up