ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 335
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197247 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
unlurking 09:39 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I buy that...just was curious if its consistent with the Doth in the books...
It's consistent with them in the show. Leadership dead? Bow before the first person to walk through fire.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:40 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I think they CGI'd her head on someone elses body. That didn't look real.
When she resigned to GOT it was widely known that part of her deal was no further nudity. I call stunt boobs.:-)
[Reply]
listopencil 09:40 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by alanm:
I'm thinking they had the place rigged up beforehand. But I was thinking the same thing.
By the way the fire was being shown spreading, I assumed that they were containers of oil with wooden/cloth/metal wicks. Kind of like a camping oil lamp. They would have large reservoirs. The bottoms were rounded. Dump them over and the oil gushes out and is ignited by the wicks. The fire spreads with the oil to cover the floor of the whole teepee lodge thing they were in. It's made of wood and cloth. It looks like an old structure in the middle of a very dry climate. It would go up like a mobile home.

That being said, this is the first time in a long time that I have enjoyed the Daenerys character. I thought the actress did a decent job in her scenes. Maybe having to actually create the character instead of relying on a crap 2D book cover is paying off. For once I was actually interested in her story. And it looks like
Spoiler!

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:43 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah, there was accelerator put down before the meeting. She said the girl could help them. Maybe the girl helped them get access before the meeting.
Which is not hinted or shown at all. The fire at the Battle of Blackwater was expected because Tyrion was looking for it a couple episodes before hand.

It is bad storytelling at best.

Regardless, Dany is still the most boring part of the show and has been the entire run.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:44 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Readers of the books help here please:

In the books is there some sort of "known" mythology that the Dothroki subscribe to that would cause them to fall to their knees when they see Dany wipe out their long-hair politburo? Just curious.
I don't know about that but their leaders rule by strength and ruthlessness. She just walked in and slaughtered the toughest members of their entire civilization, burning them alive while standing in the same fire unhurt. That's pretty ruthless and could be perceived as pretty strong.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:47 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
By the way the fire was being shown spreading, I assumed that they were containers of oil with wooden/cloth/metal wicks. Kind of like a camping oil lamp. They would have large reservoirs. The bottoms were rounded. Dump them over and the oil gushes out and is ignited by the wicks. The fire spreads with the oil to cover the floor of the whole teepee lodge thing they were in. It's made of wood and cloth. It looks like an old structure in the middle of a very dry climate. It would go up like a mobile home.

That being said, this is the first time in a long time that I have enjoyed the Daenerys character. I thought the actress did a decent job in her scenes. Maybe having to actually create the character instead of relying on a crap 2D book cover is paying off. For once I was actually interested in her story. And it looks like
Spoiler!
They were braziers. Oil would be extremely heavy and extremely expensive. Not to mention the most common would be vegetable oil and the Dothraki are not farmers. They looked exactly like cinder burning braziers which would dump a bunch of cinders on the dirt floor which isn't a big deal really.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:51 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
They were braziers. Oil would be extremely heavy and extremely expensive. Not to mention the most common would be vegetable oil and the Dothraki are not farmers. They looked exactly like cinder burning braziers which would dump a bunch of cinders on the dirt floor which isn't a big deal really.
Sure, oil would be a pain in the ass (and expensive) but that was basically the palace at the seat of their government. It's just the first thing that popped into my head when they showed the fire spreading. That it looked like a burning liquid was expanding on the floor of the teepee/lodge.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:51 PM 05-15-2016
As for the Dothraki bowing before her: they made allusions to past prophecy surrounding her. She has a history and a sorceress said she would birth the stallion that will mount the world (a dragon).

I like the duplicity and common sense approach of killing them like she did, but I also think it would have been awesome to have had Drogon come descending into the place and tear shit up at that point. Here's the "stallion that will mount the world motherfuckers.

Of course, then people would be complaining about deus ex machina.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:54 PM 05-15-2016
And then ghey picked the nits, until there were no more nits left to pick.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:56 PM 05-15-2016
Sure, oil would be a pain in the ass (and expensive) but that was basically the palace at the seat of their government. It's just the first thing that popped into my head when they showed the fire spreading. That it looked like a burning liquid was expanding on the floor of the teepee/lodge.
Considering the amount of fire, those lamps would weigh quite a bit. Oil is fairly heavy and hard to transport without ceramics which are also heavy. Particularly in those quatities. Not to mention the best flammable material the Dothraki would probably have access to would be dried animal dung.

Braziers make a lot more sense and that is what they looked like considering they were full of flame instead of a single wick.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:04 PM 05-15-2016
God I fucking love this show.

I didn't see the fire shit coming. I was expecting Drogo.

Sucks about Osha. I liked her character. Her crack about eating them was pretty funny.

Snow shouldn't do what Sansa says. Doesn't anybody ever learn? It'll be interesting to see how the Melissandra/Brienne line plays out. That was a good bit of acting there. I had forgotten Davos didn't know about Stannis and Shreen. Poor bastard.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:07 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
God I ****ing love this show.

I didn't see the fire shit coming. I was expecting Drogo.

Sucks about Osha. I liked her character. Her crack about eating them was pretty funny.

Snow shouldn't do what Sansa says. Doesn't anybody ever learn? It'll be interesting to see how the Melissandra/Brienne line plays out. That was a good bit of acting there. I had forgotten Davos didn't know about Stannis and Shreen. Poor bastard.
I think Davos got an idea when Melissandra turned up at Castle Black alone. Also, it seems Tormund has a thing for Brienne maybe?
[Reply]
listopencil 10:11 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Considering the amount of fire, those lamps would weigh quite a bit. Oil is fairly heavy and hard to transport without ceramics which are also heavy. Particularly in those quantities. Not to mention the best flammable material the Dothraki would probably have access to would be dried animal dung.

Braziers make a lot more sense and that is what they looked like considering they were full of flame instead of a single wick.
Isn't that lodge a permanent fixture in the capital of their entire civilization, surrounded by the largest and best markets available to them? The cost, or difficulty in transport, or rarity of an oil wouldn't be a factor. It's a center of wealth and trade. It's the look of the things that make an oil fire less likely. There were multiple flames coming from multiple sources out of that crown-like top of each one. It looked like burning hunks of something. But that look can also be done with wicking devices. Or it could just be "fire magic" that she realized that she had inside of Drogo's funeral pyre and didn't tell anyone.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:12 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
When she resigned to GOT it was widely known that part of her deal was no further nudity. I call stunt boobs.:-)
Na, that was a rumor that she's denied. She was pretty proud of her performance tonight, boobs and all.

Originally Posted by :
But before any assumptions are made about Clarke’s participation in the scene, there’s something the actress wants everybody to know. “I’d like to remind people the last time I took my clothes off was season 3,” she says. “That was awhile ago. It’s now season 6. But this is all me, all proud, all strong. I’m just feeling genuinely happy I said ‘Yes.’ That ain’t no body double!”
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/15...ia-clarke-dany
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:15 PM 05-15-2016
Isn't that lodge a permanent fixture in the capital of their entire civilization, surrounded by the largest and best markets available to them? The cost, or difficulty in transport, or rarity of an oil wouldn't be a factor. It's a center of wealth and trade. It's the look of the things that make an oil fire less likely. There were multiple flames coming from multiple sources out of that crown-like top of each one. It looked like burning hunks of something. But that look can also be done with wicking devices. Or it could just be "fire magic" that she realized that she had inside of Drogo's funeral pyre and didn't tell anyone.
Sorry, if you have to default to secret fire magic that was never mentioned ever before it just goes to show how silly that whole thing was. I was literally laughing at it because it broke my suspension of disbelief so hard.
[Reply]
Page 147 of 335
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197247 > Last »
Up