ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 146 of 163
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
JPH83 07:35 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
JPH83 you're exactly like the type of middle class liberals who are my neighbours. You would rather guillotine your own mother than sing your national anthem.
You really have no idea what you're talking about
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:38 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I liked mine more but this one is also good.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:40 AM 12-11-2022
England gonna England. Disappointed but bizarrely I see it as a kind of progress because for the first time in ages we've gone out of a tournament with our head held up high. We played the game the right way and we didn't let ourselves down with a cowardly performance like we did against Italy in the Euros and Croatia in the '18 World Cup. At least there's that.

Ultimately we failed. Ah well.
Yeah I do enjoy the way England plays. Never going to root for them but likeable players tbh.

These games always hurt more when you know that if you had gotten by, the path was wide open. Similar to losing to the Bengals. It was the last hurdle to the 1 seed.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:31 AM 12-11-2022
England gonna England. Disappointed but bizarrely I see it as a kind of progress because for the first time in ages we've gone out of a tournament with our head held up high. We played the game the right way and we didn't let ourselves down with a cowardly performance like we did against Italy in the Euros and Croatia in the '18 World Cup. At least there's that.

Ultimately we failed. Ah well.
Heads held high? You had 2 PK’s and 1 goal.

[Reply]
New World Order 08:40 AM 12-11-2022
This makes no sense whatsoever. You do realise that the same prick you're talking about is also a Chiefs fan, along with thousands of other pricks on this forum? Presumably you had a party after we lost the AFC Championship game last season. Flawed and stupid logic from someone pretending to care about his national team.
yeah, we all believe that an "English" fan signed up at an american football forum to talk the world cup.

Your shtick sucks.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:02 AM 12-11-2022

This is why Harry Kane missed the penalty! We have to blame Jonny Wilkinson 😳😳😳😳😭😭😭

Nasty 😷 pic.twitter.com/SPj0i4RxRm

— RHABULA ☕️🐻 (@Rugby_Scoop) December 11, 2022

[Reply]
carlos3652 12:10 PM 12-11-2022
For those that care about why everything went down how it did in the end between Argentina / Netherlands:

Penalty shootouts can be intense, confrontational & volatile. The clash between Argentina and the Netherlands was epic in this sense, culminating with Argentina winning and tauntingly celebrating in front of the Dutch. What events in the shootout led up to this moment? Thread 1/ pic.twitter.com/GrYQng1awu

— Geir Jordet (@GeirJordet) December 10, 2022

[Reply]
penguinz 06:15 PM 12-12-2022
Italian referee crew on semi between Argentina vs Croatia is somewhat interesting.
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 07:03 PM 12-12-2022
if gio reyna was actually being that much of a poorly behaved brat, send him home. make an example of him. that's your locker room as coach and you set the standards, period. but don't call him out without actually saying his name. that's how you lose the rest of the locker room.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 07:06 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Hark Clunt:
if gio reyna was actually being that much of a poorly behaved brat, send him home. make an example of him. that's your locker room as coach and you set the standards, period. but don't call him out without actually saying his name. that's how you lose the rest of the locker room.
Im sorry, link article? We are all curious im sure
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 07:10 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Im sorry, link article? We are all curious im sure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dhVmowCcuo
[Reply]
TripleThreat 07:21 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Hark Clunt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dhVmowCcuo
Yeah facts, fuck Greg. That told me all I needed to know on what I already knew.

I’ve been complaining about Greg and his entitlement and shitty sub management all tournament, then to see him act like a little bitch because a young 20 year old man is pissed about being left off the pitch and it’s not the 20 year old but the grown old man that lets it leak about why/who/what/when our player was left off the field? Yeah fuck that noise. This guys gotta go, too much pride.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:33 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Yeah facts, **** Greg. That told me all I needed to know on what I already knew.

I’ve been complaining about Greg and his entitlement and shitty sub management all tournament, then to see him act like a little bitch because a young 20 year old man is pissed about being left off the pitch and it’s not the 20 year old but the grown old man that lets it leak about why/who/what/when our player was left off the field? Yeah **** that noise. This guys gotta go, too much pride.
Sounds like the whole team wanted him sent home and were pissed he got any minutes at all. I think it shouldn’t have come as a surprise to Gio that he wasn’t going to be starting for this squad. His style of play was best suited to fill a role as a super sub and it sounds like he threw an absolutely disgraceful temper tantrum when finding out that was indeed his role. I hate Berhalter for leaking the info and I really hope this isn’t US Soccers way of saving face for Berhalter to get some sort of extension, but the Reyna drama was overblown and it sounds like Reyna definitely needed to be put back in his place a little bit. He’s not nearly talented enough to think he’s the whole US team.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:32 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Italian referee crew on semi between Argentina vs Croatia is somewhat interesting.
Messi is Italian. So was Maradona.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:52 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
For those that care about why everything went down how it did in the end between Argentina / Netherlands:

They acted like that all game. Definitely my least favorite with this group left
[Reply]
Page 146 of 163
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156 > Last »
Up