ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 146 of 167
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
staylor26 12:56 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Are you gonna kill yourself when he stays in GB, or retires?
He’ll just pretend that it wasn’t Rodgers or bust and move on to the next dream.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:57 PM 02-22-2022
I need to find the report again but it basically said that Rodgers loses in the playoffs and looks human because he refuses to take chances because INTs will drag down his stats and rating.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:02 PM 02-22-2022
I honestly don’t care either way. If he goes to Denver they still aren’t beating the Chiefs when it matters.

He’s been in an incredible spot the last 2 years. Top coaching staff, elite weapons, excellent OL and a defense that is very good and he still choked.

Defense intercepted Brady 3X in the 2nd half and gave him every chance to win at home. Then his defense holds SF to 6 points at home in the elements that is a clear advantage to Rodgers and he still blows it.

He’s a shiny Kirk Cousins. Stat padder who can’t get it done when it matters. Denver isn’t changing that. Their team is not more talented than GB.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:14 PM 02-22-2022
I know I'm in the minority of the Chiefs fans on this but I would actually love for AR to go to Dungver. We have Mahomes and that's enough to guarantee a playoff spot ever year. It would make some really great matchups twice a year with him in the division and as fun as 13 in a row is , it's getting kinda boring. Plus, the cost to get AR would set them back for the next 5 years draft wise.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:17 PM 02-22-2022
Rodgers really enjoys being a cock tease to multiple franchises now.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:38 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Gotcha. I was just curious what you were referring to, I think he’s coming back too.
Don't know what you thought but from listening to him I get the sense he is either coming back or retiring. I would be surprised if he demanded a trade.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:21 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I honestly don’t care either way. If he goes to Denver they still aren’t beating the Chiefs when it matters.

He’s been in an incredible spot the last 2 years. Top coaching staff, elite weapons, excellent OL and a defense that is very good and he still choked.

Defense intercepted Brady 3X in the 2nd half and gave him every chance to win at home. Then his defense holds SF to 6 points at home in the elements that is a clear advantage to Rodgers and he still blows it.

He’s a shiny Kirk Cousins. Stat padder who can’t get it done when it matters. Denver isn’t changing that. Their team is not more talented than GB.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:27 PM 02-22-2022
I hope this happens. They give up a kings ransom and get no title out of it. Getting AR doesn't mean they win anything. AFC is rough as we know for every team.

He's old and has looked uninterested in doing what's needed to win the SB.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:21 PM 02-22-2022
Too many reports about this. Then they hire Rodgers guy to come back. Yeah he’s not leaving

#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers confirms the reports of him staying in Green Bay after the Division Round loss to the 49ers. Said there were conversations with Green Bay’s front office and they were much different than past years … in a positive way.

— Kyle Malzhan (@KyleMalzhan) February 22, 2022

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:33 PM 02-22-2022
Too many reports about this. Then they hire Rodgers guy to come back. Yeah he’s not leaving

If only this would be official and all the BS would die.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:37 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
And, I'll say this... over the last month, I have talked with close friends and a few co-workers that live in CO about this whole mess.

I am totally shocked at the overwhelming support for mortgaging the farm to get 2-3 years of Rodgers. I mean, I knew there were a few, but damn. We are talking - they support giving up R1 and R2 in the next 2 drafts, plus someone like Jeudy and another pick. It just seriously boggles my mind.

My cousin is a die hard Bronco fan and he has this mindset with Rodgers or Russel Wilson.

I've tried convincing him that's a terrible terrible idea to no avail.

That run you had with Manning and Brady's in Tampa has warped peoples minds. Brady didn't even cost any draft picks and Manning wasn't expensive.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:39 PM 02-22-2022

I don't understand how more people don't see this. Been saying it for a while now.

No way it works out better for him in the AFC with much stiffer competition.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:26 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I don't understand how more people don't see this. Been saying it for a while now.

No way it works out better for him in the AFC with much stiffer competition.
There are more top level QB's in the AFC, but the best teams reside in the NFC. Especially if Brady manages to make his way to SF.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 05:40 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
There are more top level QB's in the AFC, but the best teams reside in the NFC. Especially if Brady manages to make his way to SF.
This is a 2013 Chiefs fan mindset. Welcome to purgatory
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:50 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Champions:
This is a 2013 Chiefs fan mindset. Welcome to purgatory
Rodgers is probably more concerned with the rush in the NFC than the QB's in the AFC. The 49ers, Rams, and Bucs can neuter top offenses with their rush.

Defenses are what get it done in the playoffs, and the better defenses are in the NFC right now.
[Reply]
Page 146 of 167
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156 > Last »
Up