« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official College Football 2021 Thread ****
Titty Meat 04:45 PM 08-27-2021
Week 3 schedule

https://fbschedules.com/college-football-schedule/
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:33 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I mean, I don’t think so, but you kind of have to wonder a little?

21-6 lead, all the momentum, control of the game, and you do that?

Like someone said to them at halftime, ‘hey, it would be in the Big 12’s best interest to get a team into the playoff and we know you all aren’t with 2 losses, so . . . . . . ‘

I think I’ll just chalk it up to a really dumb coaching decision.
Baylor's coaching just got really dumb.

Hey, millions of dollars are at stake. I don't doubt anything in this world any more.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:34 PM 12-04-2021
Now Baylor's QB is hurt.

Dust Bowl U is lucky.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:34 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, it's just being overly aggressive and probably playing analytics... Baylor has nothing to lose, except where they go for a non-playoff bowl game.
They have a Big 12 Championship to lose. I’d say that’s a trophy worth playing for, even if you’re not going to the playoff. Also angling for a New Years Six bowl, one of the big ones. They certainly aren’t getting that if they lose here and have 3 losses.

Just some really odd play calling here in the second half for Baylor. Either something is up or their coach is just a fucking idiot and doesn’t understand situational football.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:35 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
I don't care.

They have a giant 1945 National Championship sign plastered in their stadium. Not a fan of historical revisionism. Any CFB expert in 1945 would have laughed at OKST being considered a title candidate.
I seriously doubt anyone associated with Oklahoma State today cares either, unless their grandparent played for that team or something.

I mean, I could give 2 shits about Kansas' helms trophies or whatever in the 1920s or even their championship in the 50s.... it's actually far more amusing that the banners trigger people so much that I would care what happened 100 years ago.

Seems the same here... you seem far more triggered by something 70 years ago than anyone associated with the university would be celebrating something they had no association with at all.
[Reply]
EPodolak 01:35 PM 12-04-2021
Play calling of Baylor seems even more questionable now.

I’m starting to wonder if something is up . . . . .
Nothing is up. People do dumb things sometimes.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:36 PM 12-04-2021
Oh wow. Terrible penalty in that situation.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:37 PM 12-04-2021
That is uncatchable.

But the refs call holding to cover their tracks.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:38 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I seriously doubt anyone associated with Oklahoma State today cares either, unless their grandparent played for that team or something.

I mean, I could give 2 shits about Kansas' helms trophies or whatever in the 1920s or even their championship in the 50s.... it's actually far more amusing that the banners trigger people so much that I would care what happened 100 years ago.

Seems the same here... you seem far more triggered by something 70 years ago than anyone associated with the university would be celebrating something they had no association with at all.
Obviously, they do care since they installed a giant sign in the end zone at their stadium.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:38 PM 12-04-2021
The AFCA is run by Todd Berry, a former Army head coach who failed there and hates the program.

Not every program accepts those claims. Notre Dame doesn't.

The AFCA was a joke for even picking Okie State and Okie State was a joke for submitting a claim. This overview proves it: https://tiptop25.com/champ1945.html

1945 Army is one of the greatest teams of all ever playing a loaded schedule. Okie State would have lost by 40 points.
I don't think an undefeated team should be considered a "joke" for submitting a claim. The only ones that really should have are Army, Alabama, Okie State, and Indiana and that's also the order I would put them in.

The joke is still the AFCA, not Okie State. That doesn't change what I said above. You've been blaming Okie State when you should be blaming the AFCA.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:39 PM 12-04-2021
That Baylor DE has better hands than the Raiders DBs.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:40 PM 12-04-2021
They have a Big 12 Championship to lose. I’d say that’s a trophy worth playing for, even if you’re not going to the playoff. Also angling for a New Years Six bowl, one of the big ones. They certainly aren’t getting that if they lose here and have 3 losses.

Just some really odd play calling here in the second half for Baylor. Either something is up or their coach is just a fucking idiot and doesn’t understand situational football.
You make some good points. A NYD bowl would be big.

I would guess the latter, they're idiots.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:40 PM 12-04-2021
Obviously, they do care since they installed a giant sign in the end zone at their stadium.
"They" as in... at least one person?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:41 PM 12-04-2021
I don’t watch enough Baylor games. Does Baylor normally call plays like this?

Just really weird that they started doing all this weird crap in the second half all of a sudden when they had complete control of the game and there was no need for it.

Just seems odd.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:42 PM 12-04-2021
Cool. OSU were champs in '45...got it. Sounds pretty recognized unlike certain claimed "covid" titles.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:43 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I don't think an undefeated team should be considered a "joke" for submitting a claim. The only ones that really should have are Army, Alabama, Okie State, and Indiana and that's also the order I would put them in.

The joke is still the AFCA, not Okie State. That doesn't change what I said above. You've been blaming Okie State when you should be blaming the AFCA.
Army, Alabama, Indiana, Okie State. Big 10 was stronger than the crap conference that Okie State played in.

Alabama doesn't claim 1945 and they claim everything they can. Why? Because they acknowledge the historical superiority of the Army team and the decisions made in 1945 by people who watched those teams. They have pride.

The reason that Okie State submitted a claim is because they are a loser program who has no real titles so they are left to fabricating ones. And for that they deserve to be mocked.

Historical revisionism is diabolical.

Don't worry, I can't stand the AFCA and their bogus selection committee.
[Reply]
Page 146 of 174
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156 > Last »
Up