ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 145 of 163
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
loochy 05:00 PM 12-10-2022
England gonna England
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 05:07 PM 12-10-2022
Ladies and gentlemen we are getting word that Harry Kane's penalty miss struck a migrant worker on the roof.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 05:22 PM 12-10-2022
Almost feel bad for Kane. What a way to end his English career. Missing a penalty that could have tied the game and put him alone at the top of Englands all time scoring record books. Instead a long career will likely be ending with death threats from his own shitty fans.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:18 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Ladies and gentlemen we are getting word that Harry Kane's penalty miss struck a migrant worker on the roof.
Oof.

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Almost feel bad for Kane. What a way to end his English career. Missing a penalty that could have tied the game and put him alone at the top of Englands all time scoring record books. Instead a long career will likely be ending with death threats from his own shitty fans.
Kane is 29. He has another Cup run in him.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 06:39 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Oof.

Kane is 29. He has another Cup run in him.
That would be hilarious if he is still their starting striker in 4 years.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:57 PM 12-10-2022
The first strike for France was so fun. Just a perfect spot and it was hit so hard but did not look like it even took that much effort.
[Reply]
EPodolak 10:40 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
The first strike for France was so fun. Just a perfect spot and it was hit so hard but did not look like it even took that much effort.
Yeah the ball had eyes, getting between the legs and then bending the way it did. The French may have a metaphysical advantage to advance.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:34 PM 12-10-2022

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:17 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
Yeah the ball had eyes, getting between the legs and then bending the way it did. The French may have a metaphysical advantage to advance.
Really happy for Tchouaméni! AS Monaco was the team that won me a few online League Titles in FIFA 2022. They were so fun to play with. Carried over to me watching a lot of their games last season and it’s no surprise that basically every team in the world wanted him.

It’s been a really fun World Cup with some really entertaining matches so far! Let’s hope these last few are just as fun! I think they should be!

I don’t think Morocco will be as much of an easy win for France as a lot of fans are probably thinking. If there is any RB that can slow down Mbappe (without having to double and triple team him like England had to) it is his teammate Hakimi. He’s got the speed to keep up, and obviously the advantage of knowing his tendencies more than anyone else matching up with him everyday in practice. That should be a really fun matchup to watch. Obviously Giroud is playing really well right now as well, though, so Ziyech and En-Nesyri will have to capitalize on any chances that open up for them. I think Morocco definitely have a good enough defense to grind out the game and they have the speed and talent on the right side to create some nice counter opportunities if France try to force passes into Mbappe that get intercepted. I don’t know if it will be enough to overcome France’s depth in the end, but don’t be surprised when that ends up in a close 1-0 result. Morocco’s defense is legit.

Croatia vs Argentina. Modric v Messi. What more can you say. Two of the best at their positions in what’s likely both of their final runs with their national teams. That’s going to be an intense match. Croatia plays a really good tactical counter style of play that can counter Argentina’s aggression. Croatia also have the experience with a lot of the team making it to the final last time as well so I wouldn’t count them out. Argentina should be the favorite, but this will be another grind it out tactical type of match.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:59 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by Hark Clunt:
tough one for england. they were better overall but kane just bottled that pen.

probably an unpopular opinion but i quite like this english side, for more than england teams of the past.
There's a lot of people over here who like the England team but don't really care for England. The players are likeable and the manager is classy, no excuses yesterday and congratulated France. Stark contrast to the talentless degenerates we trotted out for decades.

Obviously our deranged media will be pricks about it, as will a load of fans. That's why I can always be almost as happy when we lose, because I know there's people like Womble having a miserable time, and there are a loooot of Wombles here.
[Reply]
Womble 05:53 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:

Obviously our deranged media will be pricks about it, as will a load of fans. That's why I can always be almost as happy when we lose, because I know there's people like Womble having a miserable time, and there are a loooot of Wombles here.
This makes no sense whatsoever. You do realise that the same prick you're talking about is also a Chiefs fan, along with thousands of other pricks on this forum? Presumably you had a party after we lost the AFC Championship game last season. Flawed and stupid logic from someone pretending to care about his national team.
[Reply]
Womble 05:59 AM 12-11-2022
England gonna England. Disappointed but bizarrely I see it as a kind of progress because for the first time in ages we've gone out of a tournament with our head held up high. We played the game the right way and we didn't let ourselves down with a cowardly performance like we did against Italy in the Euros and Croatia in the '18 World Cup. At least there's that.

Ultimately we failed. Ah well.
[Reply]
JPH83 07:18 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
This makes no sense whatsoever. You do realise that the same prick you're talking about is also a Chiefs fan, along with thousands of other pricks on this forum? Presumably you had a party after we lost the AFC Championship game last season. Flawed and stupid logic from someone pretending to care about his national team.
No, and it's not hard to follow. Most Chiefs fans are decent, a large proportion of England fans and its entire media is not, and about 95% of Chelsea fans are awful. So no, I don't enjoy Chiefs losing, I can find a silver lining occasionally to England losing, and I can ALWAYS enjoy seeing Chelsea lose.
[Reply]
Womble 07:24 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
No, and it's not hard to follow. Most Chiefs fans are decent, a large proportion of England fans and its entire media is not, and about 95% of Chelsea fans are awful. So no, I don't enjoy Chiefs losing, I can find a silver lining occasionally to England losing, and I can ALWAYS enjoy seeing Chelsea lose.
You said you can be "almost as happy when we lose". That's not a silver lining - that's just full on apathy. And if this forum is anything to go by then the Chiefs fans are made up from at least 50% cunts.
[Reply]
Womble 07:29 AM 12-11-2022
JPH83 you're exactly like the type of middle class liberals who are my neighbours. You would rather guillotine your own mother than sing your national anthem.
[Reply]
Page 145 of 163
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155 > Last »
Up