ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 144 of 324
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154194244 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:17 AM 06-10-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
With respect to MVS, "elite" is a bit of a stretch.

It isn’t. Not when we’re talking about the speed he presents on deep routes and the threat that provides to the defense.

It keeps teams from rotating up towards the line, forces them to continue accounting for deep balls like they had to when Hill was in KC.

Valdes-Scantling has elite long speed for the NFL. Outside of Jalen Waddle and Hill, you’re not going to find a guy with more.

He fills an important and valuable role in the offensive design. Which many people seem to not credit or not understand.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:43 AM 06-10-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It isn’t. Not when we’re talking about the speed he presents on deep routes and the threat that provides to the defense.

It keeps teams from rotating up towards the line, forces them to continue accounting for deep balls like they had to when Hill was in KC.

Valdes-Scantling has elite long speed for the NFL. Outside of Jalen Waddle and Hill, you’re not going to find a guy with more.

He fills an important and valuable role in the offensive design. Which many people seem to not credit or not understand.
I can agree with the above description as a role-player, for sure, but I think "elite role-player" is still an oxymoron.

Here's an interesting perspective on this debate, maybe. Where does MVS rank amongst the top deep-speed threats in the NFL? Who are the top 10?
[Reply]
Balto 09:33 AM 06-10-2023

Meh just don’t agree with how some think MVS is so important. His targets should reduce this season because of the young guys getting them. Yes having a deep threat is great but why can’t those snaps be spread out thus making them more lethal because teams won’t know who is the fly route. Hell Toney is faster and when you take vertical into consideration, can also high ball better than MVS.

You’re correct in saying MVS keeps teams honest but that also means big plays are almost never there. All of our WRs have good enough speed to run MVS routes and would keep the D more honest in my opinion.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:37 AM 06-10-2023
Couch-Potato and Balto in a "MVS deserves to be traded" discussion. Who could have seen that coming? Not me.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:43 AM 06-10-2023
2150?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:18 AM 06-10-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Meh just don’t agree with how some think MVS is so important. His targets should reduce this season because of the young guys getting them. Yes having a deep threat is great but why can’t those snaps be spread out thus making them more lethal because teams won’t know who is the fly route. Hell Toney is faster and when you take vertical into consideration, can also high ball better than MVS.

You’re correct in saying MVS keeps teams honest but that also means big plays are almost never there. All of our WRs have good enough speed to run MVS routes and would keep the D more honest in my opinion.
The obvious answer is you CANNOT count on Toney - like at all. He's a china doll. If he makes it in 75% of the games next season it may be a miracle.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:24 AM 06-10-2023
Did I miss the contract signing?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:48 AM 06-10-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Did I miss the contract signing?
Yes. The details aren't out yet, but rumor has it he signed for the league minimum just for the opportunity to wear the red and gold
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:54 AM 06-10-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I don't think DHop was ever really in the plans. Nothing that has been reported this year as rumor has been even remotely right.
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol, wrong again. How shocking.
:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:59 AM 06-10-2023
I can agree with the above description as a role-player, for sure, but I think "elite role-player" is still an oxymoron.

Here's an interesting perspective on this debate, maybe. Where does MVS rank amongst the top deep-speed threats in the NFL? Who are the top 10?
No, it's an elite 'skill-set', which is important for the offense to function. A lot of people don't seem to get how this offense works. You need a real threat to just blow by everyone to clear out the intermediate area.

The routes are all combinations that threaten the defense's coverage rules in different ways in different areas, and all of them work together to create advantages.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:02 AM 06-10-2023

One can have an elite skill and still be a role player.

As far as deep speed threats, he’s in that group for me because of the combination of his pure speed AND demonstrated ability to stack defenders on deep routes and track the ball downfield.

There are probably guys who are faster - like Hardman, for example - who are not as dangerous on deep routes because they don’t have the other skills.

I’d put Hill first and probably Waddle second. After that, I don’t know that there’s one burner type I’d separate as clearly above the rest. Valdes-Scantlibg is in consideration there.

Hyatt might prove to be, if he can translate his abilities to a regular NFL role rather than the schemed one he had in college.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:04 AM 06-10-2023
Plaxico Burress says he only wants to practice once a week
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:08 AM 06-10-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Plaxico Burress says he only wants to practice once a week
I didn't hear or read 'once a week,' but I did read that he wasn't practicing everyday with ARI.

However, he also said in one of those podcast interviews (think it was the McAfee show) that if he went to a team like the Chiefs that he would practice everyday, to develop chemistry with the QB and learn the offense.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:38 AM 06-10-2023

He's a decoy but necessary. If teams do decide to try to play us straight up Mahomes will be more than happy to throw it over their head.
[Reply]
KCJake 11:59 AM 06-10-2023
One can have an elite skill and still be a role player.

As far as deep speed threats, he’s in that group for me because of the combination of his pure speed AND demonstrated ability to stack defenders on deep routes and track the ball downfield.

There are probably guys who are faster - like Hardman, for example - who are not as dangerous on deep routes because they don’t have the other skills.

I’d put Hill first and probably Waddle second. After that, I don’t know that there’s one burner type I’d separate as clearly above the rest. Valdes-Scantlibg is in consideration there.

Hyatt might prove to be, if he can translate his abilities to a regular NFL role rather than the schemed one he had in college.
There's gotta be 30-40 NFL wide receivers better than MVS. Not being a hater, he made some big time catches down the stretch. Just stating the obvious.
[Reply]
Page 144 of 324
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154194244 > Last »
Up