ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 144 of 185
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
RealSNR 10:25 AM 12-25-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
No joke, I gave Karlaftis a compliment but now it seems we should be polishing his Canton bust instead.
You refuse to accept that your position on Karlaftis was that of an impatient moron. And not only that, but you're pretty much doubling down on it by being a douche and peddling out the sarcastic strawman of LOL LET'S ENSHRINE HIM FOR CANTON NOW!

That's why we're continuing to call you stupid.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:49 AM 12-25-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
LET'S ENSHRINE HIM FOR CANTON NOW!
Agree!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:50 AM 12-25-2022
How big of a moron do you have to be to double down...wow
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:50 AM 12-25-2022
I wonder which draft round will look the best in 3 years?

Bolton and Humphrey

Or

McDuffie and Karlaftis
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:51 AM 12-25-2022
As I said it occurred when Mcduffie returned and plastering WRs getting coverage sacks.

This was his 1st honest good game in the regular season when he beat his guys 1 on 1 without being a step late or whiffing.

Mcduffie is the unsung hero here.
Trent is having a great season, no question. And I've been pretty effusive with my praise for Trent the entire season.

But to say that George's recent production is solely the result of Trent's return to the field isn't accurate, imo.

George has been improving in several parts of his game, including chaining moves together. He's steadily improved in that area, and the results are being seen on the field on gameday, whether you choose to see it or not.

As for all the rest of your hyperbole, I'm not that interested. Right now, Karlaftis is a plus on the field, and I have high, but reasonable, hopes for him down the stretch, and into next season, but how high he'll go is really up to him.

He could explode to an all-new level that no one expected, or he could plateau, or a hundred other things could happen. But right now, he's improving, and right now he can help the team achieve their post-season goals, and trying to diminish his efforts/imprvements since week 1 seems kind of silly.

But it's Christmas, so I'm through rehashing this talking point for a while.

Merry Christmas, bud. Glad to shake your hand if we ever meet.

And to everyone here, and to all your loved ones.:-)

And, Merry Christmas, George, if you bother to read your thread in CP. Keep on keeping on, you're doing well.:-)
[Reply]
BossChief 10:55 AM 12-25-2022
Before that 2 then 6 sacks, so yeah collectively he's had better run with the 4-3 if you want to split hairs

So Karlaftis is going to possibly be a future HOFer? He's had one legit good game, that wasn't absolutely influenced by the return of Mcduffie.
Just stop, you’re embarrassing yourself.

Just take the L and move along.

Karlaftis is everything we hoped we were getting when we drafted him. Everything.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:59 AM 12-25-2022
Alot here can't take compliments, and go overboard like he's a future HOFer.
Is Tamba in the HOF? That's the only upside comparison I have seen discussed....
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:04 AM 12-25-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You refuse to accept that your position on Karlaftis was that of an impatient moron. And not only that, but you're pretty much doubling down on it by being a douche and peddling out the sarcastic strawman of LOL LET'S ENSHRINE HIM FOR CANTON NOW!

That's why we're continuing to call you stupid.

Impatient? Considering how well he played in the preseason then waiting till he showed something where alot of True Fan behavior with how well he pressured the QB. He was whiffing on tackles/sacks on Allen,Burrow,Herbert, Lawrence, David Carr while Chris Jones was being doubled teamed.

I want results, and not what could've happened because guys like Allen and Burrow who the Chiefs will face again will slice the Defense a new asshole if Karlaftis doesn't finish plays. The Seattle game was a good starting point where he did it on his own ability, and not because the secondary was shutting down WRs making the QBs hold on the ball longer.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:09 AM 12-25-2022
Impatient? Considering how well he played in the preseason then waiting till he showed something where alot of True Fan behavior with how well he pressured the QB. He was whiffing on tackles/sacks on Allen,Burrow,Herbert, Lawrence, David Carr while Chris Jones was being doubled teamed.

I want results, and not what could've happened because guys like Allen and Burrow who the Chiefs will face again will slice the Defense a new asshole if Karlaftis doesn't finish plays. The Seattle game was a good starting point where he did it on his own ability, and not because the secondary was shutting down WRs making the QBs hold on the ball longer.
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
staylor26 11:14 AM 12-25-2022

And you've been trying your best to dismiss/ignore results until it finally became impossible to do so.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:18 AM 12-25-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And you've been trying your best to dismiss/ignore results until it finally became impossible to do so.
Exactly, no wriggle room. No interpretation or nuance just kicking opposition's ass
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:31 PM 12-26-2022
its time!

[Reply]
KCUnited 03:42 PM 12-26-2022
He’s becoming a pita for opposing QBs
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:42 PM 12-26-2022
The Chiefs under Veach in the last few drafts have been just adding good football players.

This is why I loved this pick, screw over-analyzing things, add good football players and you have a high floor with room for more.

See also Bolton, Humphrey, etc
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:24 PM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
He’s becoming a pita for opposing QBs
:-)
[Reply]
Page 144 of 185
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154 > Last »
Up