View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 144 of 343
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154194244 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
TEX 12:39 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I never said pay him more than he is worth, and I have no problem with the Chiefs playing hardball if they feel he's asking for too much.

I just think he's worth more than people like yourself think he is, because he's absolutely a top 10 LT with some upside that is entering his prime.
Ok. My mistake. I thought you did. Yes, Top 10. Much closer to 10 than one, but still top 10.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:52 PM 07-26-2022
Holy shit. I just saw we gave Eric Fisher more guaranteed $$ than Brown’s offer :-)

No wonder Brown turned that down. Damn
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:27 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Holy shit. I just saw we gave Eric Fisher more guaranteed $$ than Brown’s offer :-)

Fisher was better than Brown.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:56 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I think it's three-fold:
1/ A way for him to show his displeasure.
2/ A way for him to stay away from a part of the yearly process - staying in dorms, practicing in outrageous heat - that most players are not fond of.
3/ A way for him to avoid injury.

The only game this guy missed in his career was because of an injury sustained outside of a game. Why risk it in these practices? So many of you keep saying "well, he should've signed the deal because what if he gets injured..." in one breath while castigating the guy in another for not reporting for more grueling practices.

The guy may start a little more slowly because he missed the first couple weeks of camp. But the reality is if the guy balls out in the second half of the season once he's fully up-and-running, he's going to be paid off that tape if he avoids the second franchise tag.

It's looking out for himself and not looking out for the interests of the team as a whole. Plain and simple.
I get it about showing displeasure or disappointment, so he can do both and still show up and practice. He needs alot of work and we can't afford him to start slowly because that could get Pat killed and all because he is butt sore.

There is nothing more than can be done this year, so just show up at TC, play great during the season and you will be rewarded.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:12 PM 07-26-2022
The only game this guy missed in his career was because of an injury sustained outside of a game. Why risk it in these practices? So many of you keep saying "well, he should've signed the deal because what if he gets injured..." in one breath while castigating the guy in another for not reporting for more grueling practices.
It is a common occurrence for a player who holds out for the entire offseason/training camp/preseason to sustain conditioning-related injuries when they return to play in the regular season.

He could be increasing his likelihood for injury when he returns to play in the regular season by not participating in training camp/preseason to get in football shape.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:17 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by Shoes:
I guaran-****ing-tee that Brandon Thorn's credentials and ability to assess offensive line talent is greater than yours.

Here's a direct quote from Mitchell Schwartz:

"I first noticed Brandon's works a few years ago as one of the few analysts breaking down and highlight OL play on social media. He not only spotlights our play but shows people how and why we succeed. He's a great analyst that's dedicated to learning about the game, and sharing it. Few have the knowledge Brandon possesses, and even fewer can articulate it the way he does. And no one outworks him."
- Mitchell Schwartz, Former Kansas City Chiefs All-Pro right tackle

You don't have to agree with Brandon's assessment that OBJ is the 8th best left tackle in the league but let's not discredit him as a source because he communicates on Twitter.
He's the 4th best OL on our team and wants the moon. Fuck no.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:28 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It is a common occurrence for a player who holds out for the entire offseason/training camp/preseason to sustain conditioning-related injuries when they return to play in the regular season.

He could be increasing his likelihood for injury when he returns to play in the regular season by not participating in training camp/preseason to get in football shape.
Do you have a source or statistics to back this up? "A common occurrence."

And who said anything about missing the entire offseason or training camp?
[Reply]
Shields68 02:37 PM 07-26-2022
Orlando Brown’s demands are over the top but the Chiefs absolutely low balled him. The only thing that matters is guaranteed money. Most of everything else is fluff that won’t be paid.

The Chiefs offered $38 million in guaranteed money. Bahktiari got $61.5 million, Stanley got $64 million and Williams got $55 million.

If any of us are Brown Jr we don’t sign the deal for that reason alone.
Where did you see the 38 million guaranteed? Thought they offered him a 30 million signing bonus and guaranteed the first 2 years surely they were paying more then 8 million the first two years in salary.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:40 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He's the 4th best OL on our team and wants the moon. **** no.
There are 3 top tier positions in the NFL.

QB
LT
Pass Rusher.

You notice guard, center and RT are not listed? That's because the 3 positions listed above make the most average annual salary in the NFL.

Its not about Brown being the best graded OL on the team, its whether he is the best LT and how he compares at LT to the rest of the league.
[Reply]
-King- 02:53 PM 07-26-2022

Are you assuming that the signing bonus was the only guaranteed money in the contract?

No one reported what the full guarantees were. Just the signing bonus.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:05 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Are you assuming that the signing bonus was the only guaranteed money in the contract?

No one reported what the full guarantees were. Just the signing bonus.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ong-term-deal/

Originally Posted by :
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the final offer to Brown included $38 million fully guaranteed at signing. That’s more than the two-year tag amount for Brown; he’ll make $16.662 million this year and $19.99 million in 2023, for a total of $36.65 million.

The deal also included another $14.25 million in injury guarantees, which would have converted to a full guarantee in 2024.

Brown wanted, we’re told, a $40 million signing bonus and full guarantees at signing beyond that, along with a real annual average of $25 million.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:14 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
There are 3 top tier positions in the NFL.

QB
LT
Pass Rusher.

You notice guard, center and RT are not listed? That's because the 3 positions listed above make the most average annual salary in the NFL.

Its not about Brown being the best graded OL on the team, its whether he is the best LT and how he compares at LT to the rest of the league.

You forgot WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RunKC 03:17 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Fisher was better than Brown.
Fisher wasn’t as good as Brown when he signed his extension in 2016. He also missed more games. Same with LDT.

It’s almost like the Chiefs pay players for projection bc they think they will ascend. Odd you are okay with it for other players but not Brown…
[Reply]
-King- 03:30 PM 07-26-2022
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ong-term-deal/
So barring him being cut in the next 2 seasons, he was guaranteed ~$52mil?

Trent Williams got $40mil guaranteed at signing with the rest converting to fully guaranteed the next 2 years.

So similar structure. That's still a good deal for OBJ.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:38 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
You forgot WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's not considered top tier really. There are only a handful of really high paid guys. Pretty sure their average salaries don't crack the top 3.

I probably used the wrong verbiage. There are 3 cornerstone positions for building a team. QB, LT and pass rusher.
[Reply]
Page 144 of 343
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154194244 > Last »
Up