ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 244
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Bills take the AFC this seasom
JustDíqLix 05:53 PM 08-21-2023
Are you ready for some football!?

I know I am!

With that, I am here to make a proclamation!

The mighty Bills from Buffalo will take the AFC this year.

For two decades I watched people say the Patriots window was closed, that their time was dwindling, that it was all over… seemingly every time those predictions happened, the Patriots went and won another Super Bowl.

A lot of doom talk simply because we lost to the Bengals in the playoffs. Let us not forget that the Bills watched their brother DIE on the field just a few weeks prior. Their heart was simply not in it. If it had been, the Bills would have captured the AFC last year.

The Bills have won 2 of their last 3 in Arrowhead and they’re ready to make it 3 of the last 4.

Let’s go mighty Buffalo Bills! 🦬 🦬 🦬
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:49 AM 11-16-2023
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Going into the draft I said that Ryan Leaf was going to be a better QB than Peyton Manning.
I cannot imagine why you would ever admit to that.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:56 AM 11-16-2023
Going into the draft I said that Ryan Leaf was going to be a better QB than Peyton Manning.
I said Deneric Prince reminded me of Kareem Hunt at training camp.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:56 AM 11-16-2023
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
I cannot imagine why you would ever admit to that.
Because it's funny. People should laugh at it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:07 AM 11-16-2023
The Chiefs Bills divergence since :13 is an example of something we should probably pay attention to.

One team went one direction one went another. I'm guessing it was easier for the Chiefs to do what they did with a SB trophy in the case already though.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 10:08 AM 11-16-2023
Because it's funny. People should laugh at it.
you don't have to admit it, launder your embarrassing takes through "my dumb friend said ..."
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:17 PM 11-16-2023

Career replay challenge success %:
(vs. Superbowl coaches)

Sean McDermott 24.1% ������
Andy Reid 49.6%
Sean McVay 43.7%
Bruce Arians 49.2%
Bill Belichick 40.7%
Doug Pederson 47.4%
Pete Carroll 45.6%
John Harbaugh 43.5%
Tom Coughlin 47.3%
Sean Payton 44.3%
Tony Dungy 40.6% pic.twitter.com/xeUto6Zyjc

— 7️⃣1️⃣6️⃣ TJ (@TJDMCR) November 16, 2023

[Reply]
notorious 11-16-2023, 12:25 PM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
Rainbarrel 02:51 PM 11-16-2023
Did you know Josh Allen in 86 games is comparable to Brett Farvre in 85 games? Coping in Buffalo
[Reply]
007 04:46 PM 11-16-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Let me know when it hits 13
[Reply]
TEX 12:57 AM 11-17-2023
So did I. :-)
[Reply]
carcosa 01:14 AM 11-17-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Sean McDermott had plenty of reasons for firing offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey on Tuesday morning, just a few hours after the Buffalo Bills lost to the Denver Broncos in embarrassing and inexplicable fashion on “Monday Night Football.” Josh Allen’s regression dating back to the middle of last season and an offense that hasn’t scored 30 points since Week 4 would be near the top of the list.

But the main reason McDermott fired Dorsey now is because the head coach is desperate. McDermott knew he needed to do something. You could tell that much from the way he didn’t immediately shoot down a postgame question about whether he needed to make a drastic change to get the Bills’ season back on track after falling to 5-5.

Then, in explaining the decision to fire Dorsey on Tuesday, McDermott conceded the urgency.

“We’re going in five days back into that locker room,” McDermott said. “I think it’s important those guys feel, ‘Hey something’s changed, and there’s something new that we can be excited about’ in terms of an opportunity to improve. That’s a piece of it. But like I said, it just got to be the right time right now to make the move and see if we can get some energy about our offense.”

That’s all valid. Dorsey deserves blame for how the Bills offense went from being one of the NFL’s most dominant to an inconsistent mess. Since Week 4, the Bills were 15th in the NFL in points scored in the first half. They led the NFL with eight first-half turnovers during that span and only three teams had more first-half three-and-outs. Slow starts doomed the Bills often. The offense became predictable, the players uninspired. If McDermott had acted with conviction, he would have made this move weeks ago or even in the offseason after the season’s totality provided evidence of decline.

Doing so at this very moment makes it feel as if Dorsey is the scapegoat. Particularly after the way the Broncos game went. We can start with Dorsey’s side of the ball. The Bills had another miserable start on offense, scoring just eight points in the first half and committing a total of four turnovers during the game. Those turnovers, though, were careless plays by individual players. James Cook fumbled on the first offensive play. Allen’s first interception bounced off Gabe Davis’ hands and into the arms of a Broncos defender. Allen’s second interception was a careless and inaccurate throw. The final fumble came when Allen simply dropped the ball. That’s four drives ruined that Dorsey had little to do with. If the argument is that Dorsey, as the offensive coach, is responsible for his players being focused and not committing those errors, that’s fine.

If that’s the case, then we should point out what ultimately cost the Bills against the Broncos. After Dorsey orchestrated a six-play, 75-yard go-ahead touchdown drive — on which the Bills ran the ball six straight times — all McDermott’s defense had to do was hold Russell Wilson and the Broncos for one more drive. The Bills couldn’t do it, though. With the Broncos at the edge of field goal range, McDermott called an all-out blitz that got home and knocked the Broncos back out of field goal range. On the next play, a third-and-10 from the Buffalo 45, McDermott decided to dial up the same pressure two plays in a row. Wilson recognized it and heaved a pass to Jerry Jeudy. Pass interference put the Broncos back in comfortable range for Wil Lutz.

The questionable decision to blitz was one thing. But then after a few kneeldowns, the Broncos rushed their kicking unit onto the field as the seconds ticked. McDermott’s defense looked confused as the Bills’ field goal block unit scrambled out. Lutz missed the 41-yard kick wide right, but the Bills had 12 players on the field. Lutz got another try from 36 yards and made it.

Game over, along with Dorsey’s tenure as the Bills’ offensive coordinator.

Consider this: Would McDermott have fired Dorsey if the Bills simply had 11 men on the field and improved to 6-4? Likely not. The result, for which McDermott was largely responsible, necessitated a change of some kind. McDermott said Tuesday, “I’m the head coach of the football team. I always started with myself first. I think that’s the right way to do things as a leader. And I try to do that. We can all be better, starting with me.”

Those words feel hollow on a day like Tuesday, though. It doesn’t start with the head coach. It never does in the NFL. It ends with the head coach, but only after he has sacrificed every other scapegoat. McDermott claimed Tuesday that he tries to be hands-off with his coordinators and let them put their signature on each phase of the game. But he’s the one who was publicly voicing his desire for Allen to run less. The quarterback looks like a shell of himself, and McDermott has a hand in that. The two speak daily, and McDermott is one who established Buffalo’s culture and runs the building.

What happens next for the Bills after firing offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey?

McDermott’s heavy-handed approach to wanting more balance on offense left Brian Daboll frustrated by the end of his tenure as offensive coordinator. Other assistants have departed for lateral moves, some for reasons still mysterious. Leslie Frazier left during the offseason on his own, and McDermott took over the play calling.

McDermott seems allergic to taking accountability. When asked about having too many men on the field at the end of the Broncos game, he said it was special teams coordinator Matt Smiley who made the decision to send the field goal block unit onto the field. Yet McDermott is the head coach of the team and the coordinator of the defense that needed to be subbed out. The lack of communication and preparation in that moment falls on him and him alone. But he couldn’t even say it.

This isn’t a new issue. After the Bills’ devastating loss in the final 13 seconds of the AFC Divisional Round against the Kansas City Chiefs in 2021, McDermott kept pointing to issues with execution on the kickoff and on defense. That’s code for blaming the players. Go back to 2017 when McDermott benched quarterback Tyrod Taylor after McDermott’s defense allowed 47 points in a loss to the New Orleans Saints. He said that decision was about “becoming a better football team,” but he had to reverse that decision a week later when Nathan Peterman threw five interceptions in a 54-24 loss. This is his pattern. Even after Monday’s loss, he repeatedly praised the defense — ostensibly patting himself on the back — and pointed to the injuries more than once.

The defense did play well for a little more than three quarters. Without five opening-night starters (linebacker Matt Milano, defensive tackle DaQuan Jones, cornerbacks Tre’Davious White and Christian Benford and safety Micah Hyde), the Bills held the Broncos to 15 points and 11 first downs through three quarters. Then, on Denver’s final two possessions, the Bills allowed nine points and eight first downs.

If that felt familiar, it’s because Buffalo’s defense has failed in other key spots this season. Zach Wilson drove down the field for a late score in the season opener against the New York Jets. Mac Jones, who has since been benched by the New England Patriots, led a game-winning drive against McDermott’s defense. Taylor came within a yard of doing the same. When the Bills are tied or leading by one score in the fourth quarter this season, McDermott’s vaunted defense drops to 28th in EPA/play, according to TruMedia. In the biggest moments, McDermott wilts.

So maybe firing Dorsey will give the team a spark and get the offense going. But it shouldn’t distract from the fact that a lot of the Bills’ biggest problems are McDermott’s doing. By firing Dorsey, McDermott removed another variable. He’s run out of coordinators to blame, and there’s no longer anywhere to hide.
Interesting
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:55 AM 11-17-2023
Who the fuck quotes something that big??? JFC
[Reply]
scho63 04:38 AM 11-17-2023
Can we unban DixLiqer for a week just to beat on him and then we can ban him again?

He missed the harshest beating.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:13 AM 11-17-2023
Show us where on the twelve men on the field dolls. They tortured the most
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:14 AM 11-17-2023
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Interesting
McDermott got lit the fuck up.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 07:44 AM 11-17-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Chiefs Bills divergence since :13 is an example of something we should probably pay attention to.

One team went one direction one went another. I'm guessing it was easier for the Chiefs to do what they did with a SB trophy in the case already though.
It's just standard Mahomes divisional round curse fare.

So far, only Trevor Lawrence hasn't had some catastrophe befall his career after losing a divisional playoff to Mahomes.

2019 Andrew Luck. Retires suddenly in preseason.

2020 Deshaun Watson. L.O.L.

2021 Baker Mayfield. How many team changes now?

2022 Josh Allen. Guy is a hero ball turnover machine. A faster version of Jeff George.
[Reply]
Page 143 of 244
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243 > Last »
Up