View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 143 of 343
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
TEX 11:00 AM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Brandon Thorn is one of the best OL evaluators on Twitter. He loved Trey Smith and Creed Humphrey months before we drafted them.

He did a ranking and has Orlando as the 8th best LT
Sounds about right. The guy is good, but he's nothing special. Certainly not as good as the guy next to him, and the guy next to him, and probably even the guy next to him...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:02 AM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That can't be true.

Red Dawg has assured us that he's nowhere close to that.
LOL. Twitter? OK, lets just write a blank check.

Find me a list from a real source that ranks him in the top ten and I will shut up. There isn't one. I watch the games like all of us do and he isn't a great LT that's worth what he is asking. We can let him walk next year and get a guy for less that's just as good if not better.
[Reply]
Shoes 11:11 AM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
LOL. Twitter? OK, lets just write a blank check.

Find me a list from a real source that ranks him in the top ten and I will shut up. There isn't one. I watch the games like all of us do and he isn't a great LT that's worth what he is asking. We can let him walk next year and get a guy for less that's just as good if not better.
I guaran-fucking-tee that Brandon Thorn's credentials and ability to assess offensive line talent is greater than yours.

Here's a direct quote from Mitchell Schwartz:

"I first noticed Brandon's works a few years ago as one of the few analysts breaking down and highlight OL play on social media. He not only spotlights our play but shows people how and why we succeed. He's a great analyst that's dedicated to learning about the game, and sharing it. Few have the knowledge Brandon possesses, and even fewer can articulate it the way he does. And no one outworks him."
- Mitchell Schwartz, Former Kansas City Chiefs All-Pro right tackle

You don't have to agree with Brandon's assessment that OBJ is the 8th best left tackle in the league but let's not discredit him as a source because he communicates on Twitter.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:14 AM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Sounds about right. The guy is good, but he's nothing special. Certainly not as good as the guy next to him, and the guy next to him, and probably even the guy next to him...
Two of those guys are arguably the best at their positions and neither play LT.
[Reply]
FringeNC 11:17 AM 07-26-2022
Didn't the Chiefs fail to offer a guaranteed third year? Seems to me almost impossible that the Chiefs would not offer a guaranteed third year if they viewed OBJ as elite. I think we are underestimating the chance he gets traded, possibly before the season starts.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:44 AM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Didn't the Chiefs fail to offer a guaranteed third year? Seems to me almost impossible that the Chiefs would not offer a guaranteed third year if they viewed OBJ as elite. I think we are underestimating the chance he gets traded, possibly before the season starts.

There’s a 0.0 percent chance he’s traded. As it is not allowed by franchise tag rules.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:54 AM 07-26-2022
I don't know what OBJ thinks he getting by not signing the tender and not showing up on time. He is young and needs all the reps he can get plus as duncan pointed out he can't get traded or sign a long term contract this year. The only thing the Chiefs could do is sign him to a larger 1 yr contract but why would they do that now?

I don't get it.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:54 AM 07-26-2022
Orlando Brown’s demands are over the top but the Chiefs absolutely low balled him. The only thing that matters is guaranteed money. Most of everything else is fluff that won’t be paid.

The Chiefs offered $38 million in guaranteed money. Bahktiari got $61.5 million, Stanley got $64 million and Williams got $55 million.

If any of us are Brown Jr we don’t sign the deal for that reason alone.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:00 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Orlando Brown’s demands are over the top but the Chiefs absolutely low balled him. The only thing that matters is guaranteed money. Most of everything else is fluff that won’t be paid.

The Chiefs offered $38 million in guaranteed money. Bahktiari got $61.5 million, Stanley got $64 million and Williams got $55 million.

If any of us are Brown Jr we don’t sign the deal for that reason alone.
If the Chiefs thought he was worth top LT money, they would've offered more.

Clearly, they think he's only deserving of the type of offer they put in front of him.
[Reply]
kevrunner 07-26-2022, 12:05 PM
This message has been deleted by kevrunner.
O.city 12:08 PM 07-26-2022
I think he can be traded once he signs the franchise tender.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:19 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I don't know what OBJ thinks he getting by not signing the tender and not showing up on time. He is young and needs all the reps he can get plus as duncan pointed out he can't get traded or sign a long term contract this year. The only thing the Chiefs could do is sign him to a larger 1 yr contract but why would they do that now?

I don't get it.
I'd imagine he is just looking to avoid camp and likely preseason as well.
[Reply]
TEX 12:20 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Two of those guys are arguably the best at their positions and neither play LT.
Exactly. My point is he is probably the 4th best lineman on the team. He can be replaced if he is unwilling to lower his contract demands.

I forgot that you were / are in the "PAY HIM way more than he is worth" crowd. Glad Veach was not.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:24 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

I don't get it.
I think it's three-fold:
1/ A way for him to show his displeasure.
2/ A way for him to stay away from a part of the yearly process - staying in dorms, practicing in outrageous heat - that most players are not fond of.
3/ A way for him to avoid injury.

The only game this guy missed in his career was because of an injury sustained outside of a game. Why risk it in these practices? So many of you keep saying "well, he should've signed the deal because what if he gets injured..." in one breath while castigating the guy in another for not reporting for more grueling practices.

The guy may start a little more slowly because he missed the first couple weeks of camp. But the reality is if the guy balls out in the second half of the season once he's fully up-and-running, he's going to be paid off that tape if he avoids the second franchise tag.

It's looking out for himself and not looking out for the interests of the team as a whole. Plain and simple.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:33 PM 07-26-2022
I like Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:33 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly. My point is he is probably the 4th best lineman on the team. He can be replaced if he is unwilling to lower his contract demands.

I forgot that you were / are in the "PAY HIM way more than he is worth" crowd. Glad Veach was not.
I never said pay him more than he is worth, that is an oversimplification, and I have no problem with the Chiefs playing hardball if they feel he's asking for too much.

I just think he's worth more than people like yourself think he is, because he's absolutely a top 10 LT with some upside that is entering his prime.
[Reply]
Page 143 of 343
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243 > Last »
Up